Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 16th August 2008, 22:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

I had donated two weeks back during a company donation drive. My group, being on a rare list, they were more than happy to see me.

Sorry Steer, I am of no help this time! :-(
Old 16th August 2008, 23:07   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Wish Steroid's Mother in law a very speedy recovery. I am far away and also wish I was there.
Old 16th August 2008, 23:22   #18
BANNED

Do the usual blood donation rules apply? Or are they different for emergencies?

I had SMSed the contact number given for Steeroid last evening expressing my inability to help since I had drinks before and along with lunch. If some doctor on the forum could clarify, that would help many of us who are unsure of whether we can still go ahead and donate blood. If not, how long should one wait?
Old 16th August 2008, 23:41   #19
BHPian

do not know much about what docs would say, but i have donated more than 12-13 times over the last 7-8 years and many of them have had a good concentration the next morning i am sure (the earlier years of course..), i always filled up the donation forms honestly, never has any hospital or agency barred me from donating for this fact, so do not know if it makes any difference, a doctor could confirm please. have done a pure platelet donation too once, took almost 3 hours, same condition, in apolo delhi, for a liver operation of all ailments.
i feel donating is good every 3 months for health as well for the one donating, so much so a good cause, not talking about the person who was in need anyway.
Old 17th August 2008, 01:07   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Two weeks is below the mandated period, but a regular donation's blood loss is made up within days. two weeks is more than enough.

That said, please consider donating platelets sometime. Would make a vast difference to several leukemia patients.
Old 17th August 2008, 07:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
Trying Santosh's number for quite somtime, not getting through.
Did anyone speak to him today.

Sorry guys, Airtel had a roaming outage for most of yesterday.

Thank you, everyone - as of yesterday 4 BHPians had come in to donate and 3 more have confirmed for today, so we have enough for now.

Pankaj, Ketan & VJ Maverick who'd come in on Friday my apologies for not bring able to meet you. Everyone else who came in yesterday and today - it would've been good to meet all the unknown faces but I had returned to Kerala.

Am on my way back to Dubai and work, Thank you Team BHP! You're a terrific community!

Mods please remove my number from Rudro's original post and close this thread.
Closed Thread