Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 16th March 2005, 16:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default scratchy Sachin

Iam a ardent fan of Sachin Tendulkar. My heart beats like anything while he was on this job with the bat. I will not move anywhere until he walks backs to the pavilion. If he is given out, my heart will stop its functioning for a moment.

Offlate Iam sure Sachin has gone down in his standards. He has become a scratchy player, who gives more opportunity to the opponents. But his class is shown on and off during this encounter with the bowlers.

There might be tons of reasons behind this. He has said that he had changed his batting style that has come along with his experience & substantiate the same to have a look at the never dripping averages. But the shaky existence in the field is a real concern.

I am under this impression as I did a close comparison with DRAVID.

But if you look at the records, not even a single guy is a threat for SACHIN records (atleast for now).

Hope he gets back to his rythym and treat us for atleast next 4-5 years. REALLY PROUD TO LIVE IN THE AGE OF SACHIN TENDULKAR, WHO WILL BE PART OF HISTORY.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 16:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs down

Surprise ,

the whole of India is a fan of sachin tendulkar. and you have rightly pointed out that he has a scratchy existence at the crease these days ! agreed the records dont show a drop in performance but the actual performance is on the field and thats where it all starts to go wrong.

he says he has changed his batting style - if a change can make a good player like sachin look normal i would advise every batsman in the world not to change the style !

gone is the dominating batsman that we used to know - these days its the bowlers who dominate him. the coaches of all teams have studied his style and worked it out while our sachin plays so slow and scratchy and says experience has changed him. ....bah !!

and to top it nobody misses a beat when he gets out - but when dravid and sehwag get out the whole of India lets out a collective sigh !

i think thats gotten to him - not being the NO.1 batsman in the team !

my advise - go back to your attacking and dominating style of batting - runs and records (thats what he plays for it feels like) will come in a torrent !

ps- the other controversial issues off the feild have done him no good either !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 16th March 2005 at 16:45.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 16:58   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
i think thats gotten to him - not being the NO.1 batsman in the team !
Yup... fully agree. First blow came in form of VVS laxman in culcutta, then dravidís exemplary form and finally in the form shewag in one dayers. For an indian cricket fan, he is no more "the god" he used to be and sachin knows that. Thatís a blow to the pride he has. This is what happens when the whole nation falls over one single induvidual and takes him to a demi-god status.
But then he has done enough to india and to cricket... and then one graceful thing left for him to do, in a year or two may be. But I guess he will try to stick around till the world cup.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 18:24   #4
Team-BHP Support

Not to criticise Sachin in any way, but I feel he chokes under pressure. When everything works in his favour, he is unstoppable, but put him up against a do or die situation and he seems to crumble more often than not. It just seems that he plays for records at times.

I'm not an ardent fan here, so just speaking from the view of a regular watcher.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 18:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Not to criticise Sachin in any way, but I feel he chokes under pressure. When everything works in his favour, he is unstoppable, but put him up against a do or die situation and he seems to crumble more often than not. It just seems that he plays for records at times.

I'm not an ardent fan here, so just speaking from the view of a regular watcher.
Yes, he has changed his game and for all Sachin's fan it is not the way we like to see him play.
But not fully agree that he can't perform in crunch situation.
If you see most of the matches Sachin has played well, its others who had let India down by not giving support. I can give so many such examples.
Nowdays all youngsters are doing it for India and giving us all wins, with one player making big contribuyion and other chip with important stand at wicket.
But when it comes to sachin, usually no support at other end.
most memorable examples: Lost test against Pakistan when India bowled out with 15-20 runs for win after brilliant centuary from Sachin.
Also with Sachin being so gr8 player, ppl tend to remember his bad performance along with good ones. As against other, its those good innings that comes to mind.
Wht say ?
vishaltanksale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 19:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

i agree.. went to eden gardens to watch the test match today..
interesting stat : the first 27 runs he scored ( to get to 10,000 runs ) his strike rate was 37%, after that it went up to 83% !
he's been getting bogged down by all the records he's about to break..

its sad.. we all miss the old fearless sachin..
but if u do remember he wud get out to a poor shot.. especially fishing outside the off stump pretty often
then came the 241 at the SCG.. a brilliant knock where he didnt play a single cover drive !

but the problem with the new defensive and watchful sachin is that he goes into his shell and then gets a little impatient because the runs arent coming and ends up playing a rash shot

he must find a balance between the two..
and start playing from the heart rather than from the mind
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 14:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Excellent innings right from the word go.

Shots in front of the eyes.

The reverse sweep of Danish that went for one bounce four
The shot against the sping of Danish that hit the cameraman

Hope if this continues for few innings, Iam sure SACHIN will win back th e hearts of viewers
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 14:51   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Scintillating knock to say the least...
but somehow, of late, whenever sachin has made a big score, its been in a losing match only :(
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 15:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed. The last observation is also probably the reason why someone mentioned that he doesnt get any support when he gets going while all the others get support.

Team India is not about a particular individual. If he does well, fair enough - but whats more important is that the Team should win. I'm personally more bothered about the country winning than about Sachin's records. Which is where I admire a man like Sehwag because he's played selflessly - he get out in the 80s and 90s since he's more bothered about the team than the century that hes about to get.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 15:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

guys,
but whenever sachin makes a 100,we never seem to win at all.remember the days when tendulkar was the captain .he used to make a 100 in every match ,but the team used to lose everymatch.

but he does perform with the ball if his bat fails.
remember the one that finished moin khan's career.
and the one that he bowled to get rid of inzy in the first match.

lets hope saurav also does well after his 6 match ban.
its only after ganguly became the captain ,that younger players got their chances anhd we started doing well..otherwise when sachin was the captain,we had frightened players who would be bullied by everyone.

so for me its

ganguly,
dravid,sehwag and then
sachin.

actually u can say dravid is more like a petra.inspite of being the best,someone else does better than him.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 16:08   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but whenever sachin makes a 100,we never seem to win at all.remember the days when tendulkar was the captain .he used to make a 100 in every match ,but the team used to lose everymatch.
Weren't those the days when Azar and Jadeja were busy rigging matches?
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 16:17   #12
BHPian

I used to luv watch Sachin bat.. Dravid was always my favourite for many years now... His class, style.. Just truelt amazing....

Remeber in Cochin when I went for the match, we all were like Sachin.. Sachin.. (thud thud thud)... We expected a good innings frm him.. after his 1st 4, we thought wow he's started to hit.. But the very next ball he got out and the whole stadium went silent.. All the 4 letter words could be heard, not at him but at the situation.. Ganguly was pelted with really really abusive words when he got out.. And the confused look when he got out is the worst part.. hehehee.....

Quote:
actually u can say dravid is more like a petra.inspite of being the best,someone else does better than him.
Very true mate..... Always his innings gets overshadowed by the other who scores a little more than him...
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 16:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Guys, isn't this an auto forum? Talk here about Sachin's ferrari than Sachin's runs

Sachin is like a Mercedese these days, where you just can't expect anything less than 100 from him on any day at any time.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 16:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
Very true mate..... Always his innings gets overshadowed by the other who scores a little more than him...
And still he is rock solid, most valuable and most dependable of them all. Now, did someone say, he is like Petra?
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 16:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Weren't those the days when Azar and Jadeja were busy rigging matches?

but that ws the time when azhar was the captain.i am talking of the times when sachin was captain
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote