Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 21:55   #7966
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,618
Thanked: 360 Times
Default

Pramod, looks like you are smoking everyone out of the house !!! So, finding an angry kid or angry wife would be easy I assume. Good experiments there, I wonder what would have been the result if you were given some professional light kits.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 22:01   #7967
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 820 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Pramod, looks like you are smoking everyone out of the house !!! So, finding an angry kid or angry wife would be easy I assume. Good experiments there, I wonder what would have been the result if you were given some professional light kits.
Saju you made my day, I am a great fan of your pics and compliments from people like you really makes me feel happy.

I am waiting for my guru to comment/compliment , Guru are you reading this?

Thanks
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 22:04   #7968
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

@Shajufx :
Brother that shot is like real life! Great shot!
My caption for the image would be " Elephants also play hide and seek!"

OT :
Wow!
Pramod, I guess we should meet when you are in bangy.
Sorry to hear about your finger brother, recover soon and start rocking again!
Wanted to meet with Shaju and Clevermax last month but somehow did not work out. We are meeting this month probably(yet to decide), so we will plan accordingly. As for the equipment, I still own an IXUS 900Ti and I'm currently like
Keeping my fingers crossed till the end of this month when I should be able to buy a DSLR. I have fallen in love with the EOS 450D, but I'll have to talk at length with all of you, regarding this once I save up enough!

Here's one from me for the time being. I call this "LET THERE BE LIGHT"
Tried a 5 seconds exposure time on this one and then reduced the EV a couple of stops. Auto levels applied on CS4.
The Official non-auto Image thread-img_0264.jpg

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 4th March 2010 at 22:06.
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 22:10   #7969
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,566
Thanked: 360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Saju you made my day, I am a great fan of your pics and compliments from people like you really makes me feel happy.
I am waiting for my guru to comment/compliment , Guru are you reading this?
Thanks
So you are about to graduate from the elementary school run by someone who doesn't have any teaching certification and unauthorized to teach But he tells you to get more creative!

I'll be taking a short break from posting any pictures as I have to devote more time to kick start my job at the new workplace. I'll just be a viewer for some time :( But anyway learning DTV transmission fundamentals is also fun!

Last edited by clevermax : 4th March 2010 at 22:13.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 22:10   #7970
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 820 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
@Shajufx :
Brother that shot is like real life! Great shot!
My caption for the image would be " Elephants also play hide and seek!"

OT :
Wow!
Pramod, I guess we should meet when you are in bangy.
Sorry to hear about your finger brother, recover soon and start rocking again!
Wanted to meet with Shaju and Clevermax last month but somehow did not work out. We are meeting this month probably(yet to decide), so we will plan accordingly. As for the equipment, I still own an IXUS 900Ti and I'm currently like
Keeping my fingers crossed till the end of this month when I should be able to buy a DSLR. I have fallen in love with the EOS 450D, but I'll have to talk at length with all of you, regarding this once I save up enough!

Here's one from me for the time being. I call this "LET THERE BE LIGHT"
Tried a 5 seconds exposure time on this one and then reduced the EV a couple of stops. Auto levels applied on CS4.
Attachment 300645
Thanks, i am recovering, OT clever is here in trivandrum, did he tell you that he is coming to bangy?

A honest feedback, I feel this image would have created more impact if you would have clicked the window sideways. I would have lit some fire and kept some green leaves to create some smoke for the lights to show up like rays entering a dark room. Try that and post an image.

I always feel pics should capture what the eyes miss and should narrate a story. Some day i will get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
So you are about to graduate from the elementary school run by someone who doesn't have any teaching certification and unauthorized to teach But he tells you to get more creative!

I'll be taking a short break from posting any pictures as I have to devote more time to kick start my job at the new workplace. I'll just be a viewer for some time :(

Thanks clever, don't ask for my right index finger now, i will compensate for what you cant do these days cause of the hectic schedule. I am strictly following that assignment you gave me. One photo every day.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 4th March 2010 at 22:13.
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 22:23   #7971
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

I actually did not get what you want me to compose it as.
Can you give me a more vivid description?

This is actually my toilet window which opens on the staircase. Sat on the stairs leaving a few steps and handheld for 5 secs.
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 22:36   #7972
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 820 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
I actually did not get what you want me to compose it as.
Can you give me a more vivid description?

This is actually my toilet window which opens on the staircase. Sat on the stairs leaving a few steps and handheld for 5 secs.

Lol. I should have been more descriptive. Let the window be on your right, face the wall light something on the floor to create the smoke, now the light rays coming through those blinds will hit the smoke and create a dramatic ray of light effect. I will give you an example of a pic taken of the internet. That would be me. Anyways chill maadi.



Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 22:43   #7973
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Ohk! I get it now!
Will surely try it out tomorrow!
In case of the smoke effect, I think the long exposure will just create a blur, will have to try something else I guess!
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 23:52   #7974
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,156
Thanked: 13,750 Times
Default

Today evening I practically jumped in my seat when this guy lou-loued next to my office window. I turned off the light and shot this photo through the tinted glass, ignore the reflection of the window blinds. It was past 7PM, so there is noise due to lowlight.

The Official non-auto Image thread-_3046259.jpg
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 23:52   #7975
BHPian
 
Nutty Nair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum, Kerala
Posts: 286
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Evening sky
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc02984.jpg

Panchari melam
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc02929.jpg
Comments & critiques please.
Nutty Nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 00:30   #7976
BHPian
 
crazybiker46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: DXB/TRV
Posts: 585
Thanked: 267 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
Evening sky
Attachment 300714

Panchari melam
Attachment 300716
Comments & critiques please.
@ ranjith - liked the first pic,wish it had more orange colour of sun set

My recent attempts to capture moving lights (any common name for this type of pics)

Inspiration came from a similar pic in clevermax's flickr album

Evening Traffic on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc03259.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc03284.jpg  

crazybiker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 01:15   #7977
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,637 Times
Default

@crazy - love the first pic. Where exactly is the place ?
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 18:11   #7978
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 820 Times
Default

Hey Clever you know this guy? He was asking for you, he looked upset about your comment on his unique hair do .

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00735.jpg

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 18:32   #7979
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

My bit on the night shot, long exposure thing.
.6 sec hand held.

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_4322.jpg
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 18:56   #7980
Senior - BHPian
 
RajaTaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tenkasi, TN
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 324 Times
Default Ray-Fingers

This one I shot with a 1 MPxl Mobile camera. Sun Ray fingers.
Attached Images
 
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Auto-Image thread tsk1979 Shifting gears 4073 17th September 2017 17:48
Pics: The Official Porsche 997 Carrera thread! Discuss 997 non-turbo models here. RJK Super-Cars & Imports in India 117 22nd January 2013 18:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks