Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2010, 18:10   #8956
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,343
Thanked: 784 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks for the tip, it was not a silhouette attempt because if I moved even 6 inches from my spot, the sun would have hit my lens and spoiled the whole pic, so I was left with no choice but click few of the same, not knowing what it would convey to the viewer ! I will post the full view of the beach umbrella below, but its a different message and another angle.
Just to give you an idea , here's something I shot long back .

The Official non-auto Image thread-2994018289_247ef7c5b2_b.jpg

Nothing in the image is showing blur and what lens did you use. 35mm ?
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 18:12   #8957
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,565
Thanked: 359 Times
Default

^^ Brilliant image Riju!
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 20:19   #8958
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,575
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Nothing in the image is showing blur and what lens did you use. 35mm ?
Thats a lovely shot riju. Almost similar colour of the sky what we saw in pondy. Infact I would have loved to try something else, but moving the lens lower would get unwanted crowd in the image or moving sideways or back would get the sun straight into the cam, so finally I got an image without anything special in it.

I didnt get what you commented: you found no blur or everything is blur ? Its a 70mm f/4.5 at ISO 100, Aperture Priority. A 35mm would have got many people in the frame as the beach is crowded by daily joggers and walkers.

Here is another one: I waited almost 15 mts to get this guy without people in the frame. Luckily he sat that long.
The Official non-auto Image thread-1-25.jpg
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 20:21   #8959
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,343
Thanked: 784 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Love the mood in this shot, in some trance like situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I didnt get what you commented: you found no blur or everything is blur ? Its a 70mm f/4.5 at ISO 100, Aperture Priority. A 35mm would have got many people in the frame as the beach is crowded by daily joggers and walkers.
The sea was blurred and hence asked.Usually for a silhouette I tend retain most of the details of the background too.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 20th May 2010 at 20:23.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 20:27   #8960
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,575
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

Thanks Riju. The background of the previous sunrise is blurred because focus point was the umbrella top and aperture at 4.5 (widest of the 70-300). May be I should have tried the infinity.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 03:40   #8961
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 193
Thanked: 97 Times
Default

Here are some pics i took on a recent trip to Kerela.
I use a Canon dslr D20.
I have a wide angle as well as a macro lens.
cheers
Keep Clicking !
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-_mg_0jn293.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-_mg_0397.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-_mg_0245.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-_mg_0270.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-_mg_0489.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-_mg_0490.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-_mg_0494.jpg  

Attached Images
 
garrett_t16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 08:20   #8962
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,443
Thanked: 706 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Attachment 351589
Regards,
TG.
TG, this is captured from a flight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
Hello Guys,

Still...I'm sharing some of the shots which I shot last week on a trip to Corbett National Park. Regards,

Anirban.
Anirban, haven't you posted a photologue? Our folks would die to see this big cat! Nice catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Just to give you an idea , here's something I shot long back .

Attachment 351666
Nice Shot. I'm now getting serious about photography after seeing a lot many breath taking shots from you guys .
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 10:50   #8963
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thats a lovely shot riju. Almost similar colour of the sky what we saw in pondy. Infact I would have loved to try something else, but moving the lens lower would get unwanted crowd in the image or moving sideways or back would get the sun straight into the cam, so finally I got an image without anything special in it.

I didnt get what you commented: you found no blur or everything is blur ? Its a 70mm f/4.5 at ISO 100, Aperture Priority. A 35mm would have got many people in the frame as the beach is crowded by daily joggers and walkers.

Here is another one: I waited almost 15 mts to get this guy without people in the frame. Luckily he sat that long.
Attachment 351718
Lovely shot Shaju . I love the composition and the feel to it.

"Black Hole Sun"
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-4624405783_8d84f84838_o.jpg  

HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 11:05   #8964
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,443
Thanked: 706 Times
Default

Sunset shot behind my office in EC. Taken some time back.

The Official non-auto Image thread-dscf0997.jpg
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 12:24   #8965
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,575
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

HW, this one is a perfect painting type. How I wish we had a colourful sunrise on sunday !!
Jac, glad you are getting inspired by humble works here. Dont keep your cam in the bag, keep it always on the table or on your shoulder, you will find the difference.

Here is my first panning attempt, en route Pondy. These guys were very happy to be clicked. My satisfaction was that smile.
The Official non-auto Image thread-1-19.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 21st May 2010 at 12:26.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 12:47   #8966
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,565
Thanked: 359 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Lovely shot Shaju . I love the composition and the feel to it.
"Black Hole Sun"
That is a superb shot HW! How I wish I could process its RAW!

Last edited by clevermax : 21st May 2010 at 12:48.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 12:48   #8967
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,443
Thanked: 706 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Jac, glad you are getting inspired by humble works here. Dont keep your cam in the bag, keep it always on the table or on your shoulder, you will find the difference.
Yes Shaju, i'm in and i'll continue to carry my reliable mate (The Fuji) till my learners clearance happens, then i'll consider upgrading to an SLR (atleast not this year due to the pathetic pay package revisions ).
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 13:56   #8968
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
HW, this one is a perfect painting type. How I wish we had a colourful sunrise on sunday !!
Jac, glad you are getting inspired by humble works here. Dont keep your cam in the bag, keep it always on the table or on your shoulder, you will find the difference.

Here is my first panning attempt, en route Pondy. These guys were very happy to be clicked. My satisfaction was that smile.
Attachment 351921
Thanks Shaju. Well, I believe in "If life throws a lemon at you, make a lemonade". So I am happy with the sunrise we got . We shall get more awesome sunrises, we have a lotta life left.

And I love your shot for the smile. It's always nice to find someone who will smile sincerely for a photograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
That is a superb shot HW! How I wish I could process its RAW!
Done Clevermax. Leave me a PM with your email id and I will email you the RAW file tonight. Only condition is that you'll have to post your version and mention the steps you took to achieve the resule . BTW, this is a cropped photograph as I was using a 50mm.

I am all excited about this weekend. BWS, the flickr group celebrated it's 5th birthday tomorrow and we (30+ members) intend to shoot 2000 different portraits in one day.

"Time for some coffee"...
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-4625011954_53057ca804_o.jpg  

HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 14:56   #8969
BHPian
 
Torqueguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 277
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

@jacs
Yes. It was captured in flight.

Regards,
TG.
Torqueguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 15:08   #8970
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,575
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

HW, you said time for some coffee, but I find the cups all empty !!!

May be you could include it in the 'abstract' category with some title like "used" or "empty" etc. Running for cover before samurai san comes with a whip !!
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Auto-Image thread tsk1979 Shifting gears 4060 10th August 2017 00:02
Pics: The Official Porsche 997 Carrera thread! Discuss 997 non-turbo models here. RJK Super-Cars & Imports in India 117 22nd January 2013 18:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks