Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 00:02   #1081
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,424
Thanked: 14,215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
wow...beautiful temple at thrissur!! please let us know more about it. IMO the original is far better than the PSed one.
BEAutiful...

I too feel that the original is much better than the PSed pic.

EDIT: @tsk: yet another fantastic pic. Man! This thread is amazing.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd June 2007 at 00:04.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 00:56   #1082
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,856
Thanked: 15,418 Times
Default

The pic is made by blending multiple exposures. I had gone to take some pics with a nice sky, but the problem was that day a dust storm came up and it was all dusty and hazy. The polarizer fixed the dust part pretty good, but could not do much about grey skies.
So I decided to stack multiple exposures to get a HDR
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2007, 20:22   #1083
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,371
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
wow...beautiful temple at thrissur!! please let us know more about it. IMO the original is far better than the PSed one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
BEAutiful...

I too feel that the original is much better than the PSed pic.

EDIT: @tsk: yet another fantastic pic. Man! This thread is amazing.
Thanks for the complement
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 10:18   #1084
BHPian
 
mansidea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: Once
Default

Max, i appreciate your effort to eliminate the unwanted objects from the frame. I think it should be done while taking the picture itself. Thnx.
mansidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 10:44   #1085
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Maxbhp:

I like your version, as the original is tilted. But the warmth is a bit too much in the PSed version, otherwise its great.
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 20:13   #1086
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Haven't posted a picture in a long time. So here it is, one picture from my side, shot at chamundi hills mysore on sunday. Please give me your feedback on this, I hope I have improved from what I have done earlier.

HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 01:08   #1087
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,856
Thanked: 15,418 Times
Default

I went for a spin in the heart of gold. Told Beeblebrox to take it to FTL, and while in hyperspace, took some long exposures.
Just as we cross the Speed of light

Fully in hyperspace now

Exit was a little turbulent

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th June 2007 at 06:07. Reason: link didnt have any text to click on, so put "beeblebrox" in there
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 06:06   #1088
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,233
Thanked: 21,896 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I went for a spin in the heart of gold. Told Beeblebrox to take it to FTL, and while in hyperspace, took some long exposures.
Just as we cross the Speed of light
HAHAHA....love them....Really awesome pics!
cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th June 2007 at 06:08.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 07:30   #1089
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,371
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Thanks for the complement
No hardfeelings guys , I was just kidding .
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 07:36   #1090
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,045
Thanked: 13,496 Times
Default

Tanveer, that's an incredible spectacle. This is a long exposure shot of traffic with some strange twist. Were you shifting the camera or playing with the zoom? What on earth were you doing?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 07:45   #1091
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 680
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Which place is this and where were you standing to get such a view?
How long is the exposure?
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 08:41   #1092
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,856
Thanked: 15,418 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Tanveer, that's an incredible spectacle. This is a long exposure shot of traffic with some strange twist. Were you shifting the camera or playing with the zoom? What on earth were you doing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Which place is this and where were you standing to get such a view?
How long is the exposure?
Its not a traffic shot. The lights are stationary. I was on the rooftop, and the aim was to catch some lightning(in which I was unsuccessful).
So I took 30 second exposures and rotated the camera on the horizontal plane on the tripod.
Along with that I also zoomed in and out of the scene.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 10:10   #1093
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Grrrrr...Tsk, You had to post them after my post...lol, took away the limelite.. :P... Wonderful Tsk, you always come up with something innovative. Ah Beeblebrox, have to read that book, been lying with me for quite sometime.
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 10:55   #1094
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 680
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Its not a traffic shot. The lights are stationary. I was on the rooftop, and the aim was to catch some lightning(in which I was unsuccessful).
So I took 30 second exposures and rotated the camera on the horizontal plane on the tripod.
Along with that I also zoomed in and out of the scene.
Aaaha, that explains it. I didn't think it was traffic and was wondering what exactly you did to get such image.
I too tried similar thing couple of days back and the results were no where close to what you got.
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 11:34   #1095
BHPian
 
mansidea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Grrrrr...Tsk, You had to post them after my post...lol, took away the limelite.. :P... Wonderful Tsk, you always come up with something innovative. Ah Beeblebrox, have to read that book, been lying with me for quite sometime.
Thats a good pic indeed. pls. tell us the exposure values too

@tsk: that was great thinking.
mansidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Auto-Image thread tsk1979 Shifting gears 4064 23rd August 2017 13:55
Pics: The Official Porsche 997 Carrera thread! Discuss 997 non-turbo models here. RJK Super-Cars & Imports in India 117 22nd January 2013 18:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks