Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2011, 22:14   #13606
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,573
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Color palette in the sky
The Official non-auto Image thread-_dsc1030.jpg
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 05:34   #13607
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
It has come out really well. What is the exif of this?
Thanks Clevermax . Here's the EXIF:

Camera Panasonic DMC-G1
Exposure 0.006 sec (1/160) --> Max Sync Speed.
Aperture f/3.2
Focal Length 45 mm
Exposure Bias 0 EV
ISO Speed 100
Attached Images
 
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 06:22   #13608
BHPian
 
Torqueguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 277
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

@hellwrath
Nice one! Love that perspective.

@TSK
Your Ladakh trip photos have been creeping into my dreams for a while now. I really wanna take a trip there. But sadly work commitments will not let me do that for taleast a year :(
So, just to satisfy my hunger, I made a 100% computer generated landscape(no photographic elements are used), in 3D inspired by your photographs. And composed through the virtual camera, just like how I would have done it through an actual one. Here is the render. The horizon looked a little blank, so to lead your eye into the shot, to a focal point, i created those far away sci-fi towers. Thanks for inspiring me TSK!
Posting it here because of it's strong photographic elements.
Here goes the render:
The Official non-auto Image thread-lz3.jpg
Here goes a breakdown showing the CG wireframe mesh:
The Official non-auto Image thread-lz.jpg
Cheers,
TG.
Torqueguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 06:44   #13609
Senior - BHPian
 
Mr.Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,912
Thanked: 2,359 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Output from yesterday's power cut
Clicked with my mobile camera, no special effects, just reduced the exposure.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-12122011292.jpg  

Mr.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 09:37   #13610
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Here are few pics from my side. Guru's - need your comments!

Somewhere near Karwar
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc01826.jpg
A view from one of the forts in Goa
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc01847.jpg
Colva Beach
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc01872.jpg
Colva Beach during sunset
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc01925.jpg
Syntheri Rocks near Dandeli
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc02296.jpg
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 10:01   #13611
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Found this from the diwali collection -

Attachment 841459

EDIT: Not sure what is the problem with compression here. It appears fine on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronakg/6340626170/
A similar one from my side
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc01723.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc01741.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc01733.jpg
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 11:38   #13612
BHPian
 
Tapish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 244
Thanked: 237 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
Here are few pics from my side. Guru's - need your comments!

Somewhere near Karwar
Awesome pics. I especially liked the first and the third one. Mind sharing the details of the pics: Camera/ Lens/ EV/F etc.

Cheers,
Tapish
Tapish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 11:59   #13613
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
Awesome pics. I especially liked the first and the third one. Mind sharing the details of the pics: Camera/ Lens/ EV/F etc.

Cheers,
Tapish
Hi Tapish,

Thanks. I use a Sony A33 with stock 18-55 lens. Planning to buy a 55-200 lens.
For the first pic the exif data is as below:
F stop - f/9
Exposure - 1/125 secs
ISO- 100

For the third pic :
F stop - f/13
Exposure - 1/160 secs
ISO- 100

Thanks,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 13:20   #13614
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Some more "beach" pics. This is Bekal Beach, Kerala.

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00610.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00613.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00652.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00677.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00672.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00736.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00801.jpg

Will appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 17:50   #13615
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

anantu, the photos are really nice.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 18:19   #13616
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,573
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
Thanks. I use a Sony A33 with stock 18-55 lens. Planning to buy a 55-200 lens.
For the first pic the exif data is as below:
F stop - f/9
Exposure - 1/125 secs
ISO- 100
Nice pics.

Offtopic: How do you find the battery backup of the A33? Just asking because I have A35 and Sony claims to have an improved (almost 30%) battery life over A33.

And for the 200mm, why don't you get a cheap Beercan instead of a new lens.

Last edited by clevermax : 13th December 2011 at 18:21.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 23:01   #13617
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
anantu, the photos are really nice.
Thanks Gopinathann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Nice pics.

Offtopic: How do you find the battery backup of the A33? Just asking because I have A35 and Sony claims to have an improved (almost 30%) battery life over A33.

And for the 200mm, why don't you get a cheap Beercan instead of a new lens.
Hi clevermax,

Battery is quite good actually. On my last visit to Goa, the battery lasted for a full 2 days. And it was being put to full use. Around 500 pictures were clicked before it went dead.

Regarding the lens, I have no clue how to proceed on this. It will be the first lens I have ever bought, hence need suggestions on the same. I'm still an amateur and would buying a brand new lens justify the whole purpose?

If possible I would like some leads as to where to buy good second hand lenses. It would serve my purpose.

Thanks.

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 23:14   #13618
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,573
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
Thanks Gopinathann.
Hi clevermax,

Battery is quite good actually. On my last visit to Goa, the battery lasted for a full 2 days. And it was being put to full use. Around 500 pictures were clicked before it went dead.

Regarding the lens, I have no clue how to proceed on this. It will be the first lens I have ever bought, hence need suggestions on the same. I'm still an amateur and would buying a brand new lens justify the whole purpose?

If possible I would like some leads as to where to buy good second hand lenses. It would serve my purpose.

Thanks.

Regards,
Anant
500 shots, is an impressive battery life, given the EVF. With the more battery efficient A35, I could never go beyond 300 shots so far. May be I use LCD a lot to review and selectively delete shots as soon as I click.

Regarding lenses... There are a lot of Minolta A mount lenses available for your Alpha, which will be cheaper and will offer you similar image quality as that of an expensive new one. Some suggestions from Minolta are

1) 70-210 f/4, known as the Beercan. (Around 140$)
2) 70-210mm f/3.5-4.5
3) 100-200 f/4.5
4) 28-135mm f/4-4.5

Also check out Tamron 70-300 mm F/4.0-5.6 macro. It is like 150$ again.

Only issue with Minolta lenses are that you have to buy it from ebay or similar sites who ship in the US, and get it here through someone you know.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 23:37   #13619
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
500 shots, is an impressive battery life, given the EVF. With the more battery efficient A35, I could never go beyond 300 shots so far. May be I use LCD a lot to review and selectively delete shots as soon as I click.

Regarding lenses... There are a lot of Minolta A mount lenses available for your Alpha, which will be cheaper and will offer you similar image quality as that of an expensive new one. Some suggestions from Minolta are

1) 70-210 f/4, known as the Beercan. (Around 140$)
2) 70-210mm f/3.5-4.5
3) 100-200 f/4.5
4) 28-135mm f/4-4.5

Also check out Tamron 70-300 mm F/4.0-5.6 macro. It is like 150$ again.

Only issue with Minolta lenses are that you have to buy it from ebay or similar sites who ship in the US, and get it here through someone you know.
Ah thats where the difference is I guess. I normally keep the LCD off to save on battery.

Regarding the lens - I'm very much interested in the Beercan as you pointed out. Also read somewhere that they produce very sharp, crisp images. But the problem is of getting it here. Lets see. No possibility of getting anywhere in India? A second hand one?

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 23:58   #13620
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,573
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
Regarding the lens - I'm very much interested in the Beercan as you pointed out. Also read somewhere that they produce very sharp, crisp images. But the problem is of getting it here. Lets see. No possibility of getting anywhere in India? A second hand one?
Regards,
Anant
Beercan is sharp indeed. I have one. Sample picture here @ISO400, f/4:
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00651.jpg


Probably the only one on sale in India is this one
And any Beercan that you manage to get will be a second hand one because they are produced mostly during the mid 80s.

Last edited by clevermax : 14th December 2011 at 00:06.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Auto-Image thread tsk1979 Shifting gears 4075 12th October 2017 21:58
Pics: The Official Porsche 997 Carrera thread! Discuss 997 non-turbo models here. RJK Super-Cars & Imports in India 117 22nd January 2013 18:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks