Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 1st September 2012, 15:02   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Paypal:- Info needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Wire transfer. Has a charge of $25 though.
Can US citizens send wire transfer online or phone ? or they have to go personally to bank for it , somebody tole me they have to go in person, so just confirming.

Thanks,
JustStarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 22:07   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can US citizens send wire transfer online or phone ?
It will depend on Bank in which person is holding account . In Most of the cases it can be done online by loging in your Bank Account unlike India where one has to visit Bank . if every details in Transfer are correct you can get Swift practically next day .Very easy & Safe .
Turbanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 12:10   #63
BHPian

Default Re: Paypal-Maestro linking

Is there a specific procedure to link Paypal account with an SB Maestro debit card? For those who are not aware, Maestro debit cards do not have a CVV number or an official expiry date unlike Visa or real Mastercard.

I tried many times and paypal's India specific sign-up page detected the card as a Mastercard since there is no maestro option. Also, the 5Y+8M option for expiry date as well as last 3 digits of card number/PIN no: as CVV were tried, but to no avail. It keeps throwing out a card error and yes, the card is working fine at ATMs.

Almost every online trick failed to work. So, is there a solution to this?
SandyX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 12:36   #64
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Is there a specific procedure to link Paypal account with an SB Maestro debit card? For those who are not aware, Maestro debit cards do not have a CVV number or an official expiry date unlike Visa or real Mastercard.
I tried in vain to link my Axis Bank Priority International Debit Card [Visa] that had CVV and expiry date. PayPal does not link with debit cards.
Quote:
So, is there a solution to this?
Try with any credit card; finally, I linked my Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card [Visa] successfully and imported some accessories for my Linea paying through PayPal.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 12:46   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
PayPal does not link with debit cards.
According to their site, debit cards are accepted. But in reality, it won't work. That's interesting. I thought somebody might've found out a trick by now. Got to live with internet banking then.
SandyX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 21:05   #66
BHPian

Has anyone tried using PayPal to transfer money abroad?

Are there better options available? I have not used PayPal ever and need to transfer some money to a vendor abroad.

Any help is highly appreciated.
trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 07:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Has anyone tried using PayPal to transfer money abroad?

Are there better options available? I have not used PayPal ever and need to transfer some money to a vendor abroad.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Yes, I use paypal for all transactions abroad. You can also check out Skrill and Xoom. But personally speaking, i would prefer Paypal.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 09:54   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, I use paypal for all transactions abroad. You can also check out Skrill and Xoom. But personally speaking, i would prefer Paypal.
Thanks for the feedback.

I tried using PayPal and linked my debit card to it. But the transaction failed and yet I was charged some amount as a transfer fee type. I read on PayPal site that payment transfers are free of any charges to the buyer, it's only the seller that pays some transfer fee.

I am not sure why that happened and now have doubts using PayPal again.

Edit - Just read that there is some fee for money conversion, however since my payment did not transfer, I shouldn't have been charged that fee.

Last edited by trek : 17th September 2014 at 09:57.
Old 17th September 2014, 09:58   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

I tried using PayPal and linked my debit card to it. But the transaction failed and yet I was charged some amount as a transfer fee type. I read on PayPal site that payment transfers are free of any charges to the buyer, it's only the seller that pays some transfer fee.

I am not sure why that happened and now have doubts using PayPal again.
Once you add your card to Paypal, they will deduct $1.99 for verification. This amount will be credited back to your account in couple of weeks or within a month. Yes, the other party will have to pay the transaction fee, say around 5-6% of the total amount.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 10:01   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Once you add your card to Paypal, they will deduct $1.99 for verification. This amount will be credited back to your account in couple of weeks or within a month. Yes, the other party will have to pay the transaction fee, say around 5-6% of the total amount.
Yea, just spoke with the customer care and the confirmed it as a verification fee. Have been advised to link a credit card and try again.

Thanks for your help naveen.