Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 00:13   #1756
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It is 'Chen's Chinese Room'. Going by the reveiw posted, we gave it a try this evening, and the dishes were good---better than Nanking, but not extra-ordinarily great.

The prices were quite reasonable too. Cost me only 600 bucks for 5 of us. I loved the chicken drumsticks the most---priced at Rs 100 for 8 pieces.
I dont know how i missed this.Try Appollo fish, veg spring rolls and chens special chicken next time.chicken drumsticks are my favourite too.
Try the Bombay kulfi wala, which is in front of DPS.His kesar badam kulfi is awesome.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 11:01   #1757
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,194 Times
Default

Last night, post midnight. Mobike008 +1, Milecruncher, Rajesh Rawal+1 drove down to Shamshabad Airport and had dinner at the food court there.

Ordered the following :-

4 Chicken Steak Burgers
1 Mutton Sheek Kebab
1 Mutton Kheema Muglai Parantha
4 Jaljeeras
2 Water Bottles
3 Mountain Dew Caps ( FREE!!!)

Total Damages : Approx Rs.1000

Chicken Steak Burgers were nice but, I like the KFC burgers better.

Sheek Kebab was OK. I felt it was too salty

Kheema Partha will dollops of cheese on top of it was the best item.

Its a nice place to chill and satiate your late night hunger pangs
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 11:43   #1758
BHPian
 
traveloholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TrafficJamaBad earlier known as Hyd
Posts: 750
Thanked: 227 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Total Damages : Approx Rs.1000
Avi Bhai, does it also include Parking fees too
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 11:48   #1759
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,194 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Avi Bhai, does it also include Parking fees too
Unfortunately NO !

Forgot to add, before going to food court. Snacks that were being munched by us was :-

KFC Chicken Bucket
Tandoori Chicken from Y2K

I didnt taste the KFC chicken, probably RR can review it.

I tasted the tandoori chicken from Y2K. Honestly, i didnt quite like it. Along with the bite, there was something grainy along with chicken. Probably the charcoal leftovers or something?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 13:40   #1760
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default

Mobike008.
I Cant resist Kheema Muglai Parantha. This is one of my favourite.
Last nite i had been to PAKVAAN and had Tandoori Chicken,dum ka murgh with rumali roti.Tandoori Chicken was yummy.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 14:21   #1761
BHPian
 
AslamHussain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 45
Thanked: Once
Default

Has anyone tried SFC at Road No 12 Banjara Hills? I loved the burgers there, specially the double meat one - beats all KFC, Mc Donalds etc. Quiet resonable as well.
AslamHussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 14:50   #1762
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,194 Times
Default

Update :

The Grand Wok ( Chinese Restuarant) has weekday lunch buffets at Rs.149++ and Dinner Buffets for weekdays and weekends is priced similarly at Rs.299++ ( Rs.342 Nett)

Hearing good things about them.

Plan to visit them tomorrow evening for dinner.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 16:40   #1763
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 118
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I quit smoking, No non-veg since one week and no beverages too since then.

I feel like i am living in Himayalas...LOL
I thought you were serious and was thinking "who will guide me now."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Last night, post midnight. Mobike008 +1, Milecruncher, Rajesh Rawal+1 drove down to Shamshabad Airport and had dinner at the food court there.

Ordered the following :-

4 Chicken Steak Burgers
1 Mutton Sheek Kebab
1 Mutton Kheema Muglai Parantha
4 Jaljeeras
2 Water Bottles
3 Mountain Dew Caps ( FREE!!!)

Total Damages : Approx Rs.1000

Chicken Steak Burgers were nice but, I like the KFC burgers better.

Sheek Kebab was OK. I felt it was too salty

Kheema Partha will dollops of cheese on top of it was the best item.

Its a nice place to chill and satiate your late night hunger pangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Update :

The Grand Wok ( Chinese Restuarant) has weekday lunch buffets at Rs.149++ and Dinner Buffets for weekdays and weekends is priced similarly at Rs.299++ ( Rs.342 Nett)

Hearing good things about them.

Plan to visit them tomorrow evening for dinner.
Looks like you heard my prayers
srimath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 17:44   #1764
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Venu Saab, is it Chen's or Chin's?
Chen's for sure---I have the bill right beside me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I dont know how i missed this.Try Appollo fish, veg spring rolls and chens special chicken next time.chicken drumsticks are my favourite too.
Try the Bombay kulfi wala, which is in front of DPS.His kesar badam kulfi is awesome.
Thanks, will do. That route is often used by me, so I guess I'll try those in my next visit. I never saw that Kulfi wallah---will try this time though.
Thanks.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 19:39   #1765
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default

That kulfiwala does brisk business from 7-11pm, right in front of DPS.
Try Pakvaan restaurent if you havent, his kebabs and tandoori dishes are great.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 10:39   #1766
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,194 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
I thought you were serious and was thinking "who will guide me now."





Looks like you heard my prayers
............Well, you know me. I cant stay away from good food. Trying my best to curb my eating out. Lets see how long or far this resolution sticks.

But, i quit smoking thats for sure. Today is my 12th day without a smoke


Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
That kulfiwala does brisk business from 7-11pm, right in front of DPS.
Try Pakvaan restaurent if you havent, his kebabs and tandoori dishes are great.
You seem to be completely smitten by Pakvaan. It goes on my priority for next time eating out. Is it a place to go with family?

Today evening, a few of us tbhpains going to Sholay for dinner tonight. Anybody interested can join us ( around 9:30 pm)

Will try the kulfi tonight after dinner at Sholay, if time permits

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th June 2010 at 10:40.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 12:32   #1767
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
............Well, you know me. I cant stay away from good food. Trying my best to curb my eating out. Lets see how long or far this resolution sticks.

But, i quit smoking thats for sure. Today is my 12th day without a smoke




You seem to be completely smitten by Pakvaan. It goes on my priority for next time eating out. Is it a place to go with family?

Today evening, a few of us tbhpains going to Sholay for dinner tonight. Anybody interested can join us ( around 9:30 pm)

Will try the kulfi tonight after dinner at Sholay, if time permits
(You seem to be completely smitten by Pakvaan. It goes on my priority for next time eating out. Is it a place to go with family)

He has a decent AC section for families.
Did you try chat at bikanerwala.?(banjara hills) Awesome man, this was our favourite joint in Gurgoan.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 12:40   #1768
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,194 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Did you try chat at bikanerwala.?(banjara hills) Awesome man, this was our favourite joint in Gurgoan.
Didnt have it in Hyderabad yet. I visit their Karol Bagh outlet regularly.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 19:31   #1769
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default

Did anyone visit Hotel Basra Pride, Beside Red Cross School, Road No. 1, Banjara Hills.?
My cousin ( again a foodie) had been there twice, he was all praise for thier delecious biriyani and kebabs.
I am planning to visit next week.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 19:50   #1770
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Didnt have it in Hyderabad yet. I visit their Karol Bagh outlet regularly.
Next time when you visit Delhi, please try Nizams Kathi Rolls at CP (behind pvr plaza, if you havent)
Their pepper chicken kathi roll (with double egg) is to die for.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore Hatari Shifting gears 3598 18th August 2017 13:11
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1130 9th January 2017 10:20
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks