Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 4th August 2010, 13:20   #2101
Team-BHP Support

Default Sfc

Southern Food Corner.

Name:  sfc.jpg
Views: 4420
Size:  159.6 KB

This is one of the cleanest small tiffin centers I have seen.
The prices are on the slightly higher side. Maybe 5% to 10% more than other tiffin centers but totally worth it.
The takeaway packing is also done quite well.

bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 15:40   #2102
BHPian

Hard Rock Cafe, Hyderabad :- A place worth visiting only with FOES ... after all ... how can you allow your own self or your friends to be ripped ... ripping of foes, now that is worth it ...

I accompanied my friend who needed to get his driving licence renewed at Khairatabad. Later, he decided to buy a few kurtas from Encore on Road No. 7 in Banjara Hills. Came out of Encore at 12:30 and saw that the sky was overcast. Made a dash for GVK One Mall and ended up at Hard Rock Cafe.

Myself and my friend were there with a single point agenda : To have "Good Time". So we proceeded to do exactly that. After seeing the invoice, I am sure one cannot really have a good time there since it costs 147 per glass.

A plate of french fries costed 105 + 10 % SC + 14.5 % VAT

They have a lunch special going on :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hrc-weekday-lunch-offer.jpg

I decided to convert my offer into a legendry 10 oz burger with bacon :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hrc-legendry-10-oz-burger-bacon.jpg
The burger did not fill my stomach, so I ate my regular rajmah-chawal lunch at home later to satiate my very very normal Punjabi hunger.

My friend decided to add extra cheese to his chicken burger since the regular burger came without cheese. That one slice of Cheese was 50 + 10 % SC + 14.5 % VAT.

So 2 weekday lunch specials with conversion and cheese set us apart from 720 + 10 % SC + 14.5 % VAT.

We were not served the free drink with the offer. I guess one needs to ask for it.

My friend requested a dribble of chocolate sauce with his vanilla and pat got the reply, "Sir, 50 extra."

Happy Hour Offerings :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-equal.jpg

Did you miss seeing the blue coloured equal sugar-free packet on the right bottom of the menu ... wonder why I put it on the menu while clicking ... check out the manufacturing date of the satchet ...
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 15:58   #2103
BHPian

Apart from the TWO ORIGINAL Bade Miyan Kababs located at Tank Bund, here is one more : Bade Miyan Kababs Outlet located at the exit gate of Babu Khan Mall which is opposite Kala Niketan Wedding Mall and also opposite the Indian Oil Petrol Pump. It is just before Bakers Inn.

Here are their offerings :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-bade-miyan-babukhanmall.jpg

Enjoy!
Old 4th August 2010, 16:55   #2104
Team-BHP Support

Bajaj saab, I love Bade Miyan Kebab and have been visiting their original outlet since ages.

Been to somajiguda outlet only once with Milecruncher while roaming the city roads one dark night. We took parcel Patthar Ka Ghost and Sheek Kebabs. Both, were absolutely delicious.

Btw, pricing was exactly the same and this was much before June'10 so dont know what he has revised?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 17:20   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Bajaj saab, I love Bade Miyan Kebab and have been visiting their original outlet since ages.

Been to somajiguda outlet only once with Milecruncher while roaming the city roads one dark night. We took parcel Patthar Ka Ghost and Sheek Kebabs. Both, were absolutely delicious.

Btw, pricing was exactly the same and this was much before June'10 so dont know what he has revised?
True. I travel from Nizampet to Somajiguda just for the Pathar Ka Ghost here!
Even I am not able to spot any difference in the revised menu. (Maybe the chicken items were priced lower earlier!)

It's been only once or twice I ordered chicken items from Bade Miyan. Else, it is always the pathar ka ghost, sheek, etc.
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 12:11   #2106
Team-BHP Support

After the Sunday Fiasco, need to please my mom with some good indian food.

Planning to go today evening to enjoy some north indian food either at Sholay/Roti-Shoti/Mayabazar.

Not sure where i will go finally
Old 6th August 2010, 09:26   #2107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Planning to go today evening to enjoy some north indian food either at Sholay/Roti-Shoti/Mayabazar.
Had been to Roti-Shoti last evening for Dinner with wifey and ordered the following.

Kashmiri dum aaloo- No stuffing in aaloo, light gravy
Warqi Parahtha- good
Plain Naan &
Pudhina rice- This was nice.

Was surprised to see that the hotel was packed on a thursday evening, taking cognizance of the fact that the restaurant was inaugurated on 12th of last month.

Total Damages- Rs 370, with tips.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 09:54   #2108
BHPian

Where is this place near to City Center Mall.A few days ago when i was in that area looking for one decent tiffin center,i could not find even one even after roaming around for half an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Southern Food Corner.

Attachment 399316

This is one of the cleanest small tiffin centers I have seen.
The prices are on the slightly higher side. Maybe 5% to 10% more than other tiffin centers but totally worth it.
The takeaway packing is also done quite well.

bharatbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 10:35   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Even I am not able to spot any difference in the revised menu. (Maybe the chicken items were priced lower earlier!)
The menu with prices at the time when the Babu Khan Mall outlet was started a few years back is below :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-bade-miyan.jpg

Hmmm ... now I know the price difference between THEN and NOW?

The increase is in no way making it expensive ... tasty and reasonable is all I can sum up the food here, especially with the spicy hot and yummy green chutney that they serve with.
Old 6th August 2010, 11:45   #2110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Had been to Roti-Shoti last evening for Dinner with wifey and ordered the following.

Kashmiri dum aaloo- No stuffing in aaloo, light gravy
Warqi Parahtha- good
Plain Naan &
Pudhina rice- This was nice.

Was surprised to see that the hotel was packed on a thursday evening, taking cognizance of the fact that the restaurant was inaugurated on 12th of last month.

Total Damages- Rs 370, with tips.
That sounds reasonable Waseem. How's the ambience and where is the exact location in PG road?

Last evening, unexpectedly a few tbhpians had a last minute ( literally decided at 6:45pm) dinner meet at Haveli in Kondapur.

Me, Ravveendra, Rajesh Rawal, Pulsar 56, Milecruncher and his beautiful lady friend, Pulsar56 relished some refreshing mocktails and main purpose was to enjoy their chilly prawns which we made sure did full justice.

We ordered their signature Chilly Prawns so many times, waiter must have thought we were loony.

Apart from several plates of prawns, we had :-

Fish Tikka
Appollo Fish
Fish Ajwain Tikka
Veg Platter
Dal Tadka ( it was a bit bland, i didnt like it)
Mutton Biryani ( It was good)

Food as usual was quite delicious.
Come to think of it, we didnt order chicken last evening
Total Damages ( Rs.5800)

So my dinner of yesterday with family got postponed to today.

Waseem, is it worth going to Roti Shoti or should i stick to tried and tested Sholay/mayabazar?
Old 6th August 2010, 12:35   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That sounds reasonable Waseem. How's the ambience and where is the exact location in PG road?

Waseem, is it worth going to Roti Shoti or should i stick to tried and tested Sholay/mayabazar?
Its opp to ICICI ATM, next to Heritage fresh.

Its a a guest house converted to a restaurant, the ambience is theek-theek types and its a pure veg restaurant.

Nothing much to offer.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 6th August 2010 at 12:36. Reason: Edit
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 15:44   #2112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Its opp to ICICI ATM, next to Heritage fresh.

Its a a guest house converted to a restaurant, the ambience is theek-theek types and its a pure veg restaurant.

Nothing much to offer.
I reckon will stay away from it as its a pure veg restuarant
Old 6th August 2010, 17:14   #2113
Team-BHP Support

Default Haleem Season

Less than a week to go for Ramzan.
The fireplaces are getting ready and the testing has begun. Most small cafe's places will start serving Haleem from today evening. This is a picture from Hafeezpet.

Name:  Haleem.jpg
Views: 2604
Size:  162.0 KB
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 17:49   #2114
Senior - BHPian

Had a team lunch at Shanghai Chef, Madhapur!
I Called up MC for suggestions on what to order and what not to order in front of the waiter!

Items Ordered:

Appetizers!
Veg Spring Rolls,
Chicken Spring Rolls,
Shanghai Chicken,
Veg Manchow Soup,
Chicken Manchow Soup,
Mineral Water 2 ,

Main Course:
Cauliflower Manchurian,
Veg Chilly Garlic Noodles,
Bamboo Rice,
Roasted Lamb,
Soft Drinks,

Desserts:
Date Pancake with Ice cream,
Fried Ice Cream.

Only disappointment was the Chicken Spring Rolls which was too bland for my liking!

Total Damage: INR 1300/- (including tips).

BTW, I have discount coupon for 500 INR on a minimum bill of 1000 at Zaafraan Mozarella. Is this a new restaurant opened at Rd. No. 12 (opp Audi showroom)?

Last edited by pulsar56 : 6th August 2010 at 18:01.
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 19:05   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Apart from the TWO ORIGINAL Bade Miyan Kababs located at Tank Bund, here is one more : Bade Miyan Kababs Outlet located at the exit gate of Babu Khan Mall which is opposite Kala Niketan Wedding Mall and also opposite the Indian Oil Petrol Pump. It is just before Bakers Inn.

Here are their offerings :
Attachment 399403

Enjoy!
I feel terrible for not eating at this joint though I used to live literally next door to it! Never mind, I will make it up in my next visit/stay. Sholay is also on my To Do list! Till date I get dreams about Four Seasons and Dine Hill

Last edited by whitesquall : 6th August 2010 at 19:06.
whitesquall is online now   Reply With Quote