Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 19:16   #2836
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Why? Have you snapped some dealt out vouchers?
Yeah, you guessed it right. Bought 3 vouchers

Btw, if Harry's diner gives us the suggested discount. It would nice!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 09:42   #2837
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

OT: Got Rs.55,000 worth of Ticket Gift Vouchers.

Provided its accepted at restuarants, i am all set for restuarant bills for 2011

Silverwood, Bajajsaab and others, Any idea if restuarants accept gift vouchers? If no, then please suggest best ways to spend the same
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 10:00   #2838
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,067
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
OT: Got Rs.55,000 worth of Ticket Gift Vouchers.

Provided its accepted at restuarants, i am all set for restuarant bills for 2011

Silverwood, Bajajsaab and others, Any idea if restuarants accept gift vouchers? If no, then please suggest best ways to spend the same
Congrats Man.

I don't think you could spend Gift Vouchers for restaurant bills,they have meal vouchers for the same.

The best way to spend is to take your +1 for shopping and spend the rest on the Junta.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 10:20   #2839
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

The best way to spend is to take your +1 for shopping and spend the rest on the Junta.
+1 to that!

Spend it on the Junta. They will praise lifetime
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 12:38   #2840
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The best way to spend is to take your +1 for shopping and spend the rest on the Junta.
Do you honestly think there will be anything left after a shopping spree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Spend it on the Junta. They will praise lifetime
I need that in writing first. Post that i may ponder on your recommendation

Anyways, no more offtopic.

Need suggestions for a good place for dinner tomorrow. Somewhere with good ambience and tasty indian food.

I was thinking of Khansaab. Other recommendations are welcome. I am open to good dinner buffets too.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 12:51   #2841
BHPian
 
saikatmandal04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 63
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

A deal with the "C Factor"(Madhapur) is currently running. Are there any feedbacks available for the food quality, taste and the ambience.

I am sure somebody on this thread must have visited it... no?
saikatmandal04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 12:59   #2842
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,067
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Need suggestions for a good place for dinner tomorrow. Somewhere with good ambience and tasty indian food.

I was thinking of Khansaab. Other recommendations are welcome. I am open to good dinner buffets too.
I think Khansaab would be a good choice.Its seems the pricing is moderate and the food is awesome.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 13:10   #2843
BHPian
 
bharatbits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 112
Thanked: 24 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

@mobike008

I would recommend Paradise,Hitech City

Last week i spotted your Cruze on TankBund road.
Is there any particular reason as to why u din't tint your windows ?

Last edited by bharatbits : 28th January 2011 at 13:45.
bharatbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 13:53   #2844
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
@mobike008

I would recommend Paradise,Hitech City
Saar, take this as an advice. Never suggest Paradise to a Hyderabadi Connoisseur of Food . It will save you a lot of brick bats :P Paradise is no more the place that it used to be 7-8 years back. Their food is totally bland and mostly bereft of any flavour. It is now made to suit the palates of out of towners. Bawarchi, Astoria, Garden et al are much better in terms of the product offering as well as pricing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Last week i spotted your Cruze on TankBund road.
Is there any particular reason as to why u din't tint your windows ?
I think he has just put tints on his car
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 14:04   #2845
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
A deal with the "C Factor"(Madhapur) is currently running. Are there any feedbacks available for the food quality, taste and the ambience.
I am also waiting for a review before I buy their vouchers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I think Khansaab would be a good choice.Its seems the pricing is moderate and the food is awesome.
Thanks. This is almost decided and should be spending our evening there tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Last week i spotted your Cruze on TankBund road.Is there any particular reason as to why u din't tint your windows ?
I have tinted my windows just recently and you spotted me on a road that i dont use so often

Btw, Paradise is a place that we all have done to death. In constant search of greater glory
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 15:43   #2846
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

After a visit to "All India Industrial Exhibition" where we gorged on a plate of mirchi bhajji and sugarcane juice. We came out at 9:30pm and decided to try out the biryani at Point Pleasant, Rd 10, Banjara Hills

Mutton Biryani : Rs.160

Diet Coke ( 2 No's) : Rs.80

The place is quite nice in open area with lots of trees around. We just wanted to taste the biryani and ordered just that.

To my aghast, we found that its quantity was huge ( first turn-off) and rice tasted bit old and meat pieces where large chunks ( second turn-off) with mostly bones in it.

Overall, it was a very ordinary biryani and we couldnt even finish half of it as wifey didnt like it at all.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 16:09   #2847
BHPian
 
Sabby-069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 66
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
After a visit to "All India Industrial Exhibition" where we gorged on a plate of mirchi bhajji and sugarcane juice. We came out at 9:30pm and decided to try out the biryani at Point Pleasant, Rd 10, Banjara Hills

Mutton Biryani : Rs.160

Diet Coke ( 2 No's) : Rs.80

The place is quite nice in open area with lots of trees around. We just wanted to taste the biryani and ordered just that.

To my aghast, we found that its quantity was huge ( first turn-off) and rice tasted bit old and meat pieces where large chunks ( second turn-off) with mostly bones in it.

Overall, it was a very ordinary biryani and we couldnt even finish half of it as wifey didnt like it at all.
Avi: The extra rice is usually given out post 9 or 9:30 PM, when they start running out of the meat in the biriyani. They are totally out of biriyani by 10 or 10:30 on most days. Best time for having biriyani there is before 8:30 (either dine-in, carryout or home delivery). You'll get the right amount of rice with meaty pieces. That's been my experience of that place.
Sabby-069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 16:24   #2848
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
Avi: The extra rice is usually given out post 9 or 9:30 PM, when they start running out of the meat in the biriyani. They are totally out of biriyani by 10 or 10:30 on most days. Best time for having biriyani there is before 8:30 (either dine-in, carryout or home delivery). You'll get the right amount of rice with meaty pieces. That's been my experience of that place.
Hmmm, will try out as suggested but, wifey has outrightedly denied to visit again.

Btw, I see lot of lucknowi kebabs in menu ( Kakori etc). How do they taste?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 12:39   #2849
BHPian
 
Sabby-069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 66
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hmmm, will try out as suggested but, wifey has outrightedly denied to visit again.

Btw, I see lot of lucknowi kebabs in menu ( Kakori etc). How do they taste?
Haven't had the kebabs there as yet. Have had the nihari though.... Very Tasty but, Very Spicy too (for me atleast!)
Sabby-069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 12:55   #2850
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-khan-saab.jpg

Last evening been to "Khan Saab" for dinner. The entrance foyer is one of the best in our city with a gigantic elephant ( 12 feet + in height) that welcomes you. However, we were dismayed to note there was a waiting of 1-hour but, i coaxed one of the pretty ladies and she succumbed to my charm and we got our table in 30 minutes.

When you enter the decor is predominant indian and afghani with couple of lovely huge paintings of afghan demi-gods and room is so big, its like a hall with a staircase leading to another section on top. Later we found this "hall" was noisy and clanking of cutlery too disturbing.

We ordered the following

1. Tomato Shorba ( 2 No's) : Rs.160
Very good

2. Dahi Galaouti : Rs.190
Four small pieces of round shaped kebabs which were a tad too soft. I mean,it was so soft it was almost like paste and loaded with green chillis. Not to our liking. Couldnt help compare it with same stuff from Food "N" I/Lotus Palace. Their Dahi Galouti was to die for.

3. Laal Mirchi ka Chicken Tikka (Rajasthani style) : Rs. 220
It was so bloody spicy it was tough for me and wifey couldnt eat it. But, it was marinated well and tasty. Overall, not too happy with it

4. Veg Tikka in Green Gravy: Rs.190
This was medium spicy and quite good

5. Burhani Paranth ( Rs.50), Garlic Olive Naan ( Rs.90 per Naan) and Rotis : Burhani Parantha is a must try. It tastes like curry-puffs that you eat in bakeries but, quite good.

Garlic Naan was ridiculously below average and dont know why they charged it so exorbitantly.

Rotis were average

6. Mocktails : Rs.400

Damages : 1600 including tips ( Btw, there is no service charge and VAT is 14.5%. Not sure if that's the right percentage or their charge higher %)

Overall, not too impressed with it's food but, was pleasantly surprised to see their pricing is quite moderate. Maybe we ordered all the wrong things.

All this experimentation tells me--Stick to "Sholay" and you will never go wrong.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore Hatari Shifting gears 3593 1st July 2017 23:52
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1130 9th January 2017 10:20
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks