Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 19:26   #3226
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,204
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Nautanki Gali is a even worser version of 70MM. If you think 70MM was pathetic, then multiply that Pathetic Value of 70MM by 10, the resultant value is Nautanki Gali's ranking on Pathetic Scale. The only think I liked about 70MM is their Fish in Oyster Sauce and that's what I've been for to 70MM till now. Say max 4 times. Nautanki Gali only once and then struck it out of my list of "Last Places to Eat, in case of a Catastrophe".
Gosh, looks like I'll work from home that day and give it a miss. But where is it located?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 19:29   #3227
BHPian
 
traveloholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TrafficJamaBad earlier known as Hyd
Posts: 750
Thanked: 227 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Gosh, looks like I'll work from home that day and give it a miss. But where is it located?
Don't go by my word Venu Saab, there are a few reviews on this thread too. Nautanki Gali is located in Cyber Pearl, Hitec City.
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 19:32   #3228
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,204
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Don't go by my word Venu Saab, there are a few reviews on this thread too. Nautanki Gali is located in Cyber Pearl, Hitec City.
I already flashed your message to the group. They are now asking about Khan Saab in GVK One Mall. Any reviews on that? Or any other place for 20 in Hitec City area for lunch?

Last edited by vnabhi : 31st May 2011 at 19:33.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 19:37   #3229
BHPian
 
traveloholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TrafficJamaBad earlier known as Hyd
Posts: 750
Thanked: 227 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I already flashed your message to the group. They are now asking about Khan Saab in GVK One Mall. Any reviews on that? Or any other place for 20 in Hitec City area for lunch?
Heard rave reviews about Khan Saab always. My experience was none the less a good one. Loved the food there and also the ambienece. I tried it after reading a review of Khan Saab by our very own Foodie Guru Avinash.

Read this Review by Avinash (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2227154)

Read this Review by Sabby (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2206767)

I would say, Khan Saab is anytime far better than Nautanki Gali. If you are looking for spread then Nautanki Gali or Khan Saab for quality.

At the cost of being kicked to death by our fellow foodies, I would also suggest IndiJoe (as Khan Saab @ Banjara Hills was also in your list). Their spread is vast and tastes good too. I still miss their deserts a lot. Oh! How I love to get killed by devouring their chocolate fondue.

Last edited by traveloholic : 31st May 2011 at 19:40.
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 19:41   #3230
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,204
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Heard rave reviews about Khan Saab always. My experience was none the less a good one. Loved the food there and also the ambienece. I tried it after reading a review of Khan Saab by our very own Foodie Guru Avinash.

Read this Review by Avinash (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2227154)

Read this Review by Sabby (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2206767)

I would say, Khan Saab is anytime far better than Nautanki Gali. If you are looking for spread then Nautanki Gali or Khan Saab for quality.

At the cost of being kicked to death by our fellow foodies, I would also suggest IndiJoe (as Khan Saab was also in your list). Their spread is vast and tastes good too. I still miss their deserts a lot. Oh! How I love to get killed by devouring their chocolate fondue.
Thanks Nikhil. I've been to Indijoe several times as my office used to be located opposite to it. I did love the food, but not all in the team liked the continental spread over there.
I think we'll give Khaan Saab a shot this time.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 19:45   #3231
BHPian
 
traveloholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TrafficJamaBad earlier known as Hyd
Posts: 750
Thanked: 227 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I think we'll give Khaan Saab a shot this time.
A good move Venu Saab, atleast you have saved yourself and your team from Gastronomical Misadventure at Nautanki Gali. There I do it again, succesfully stealing a Customer from Ohri's .
I still love visiting Ohri's for a couple of their signature dishes like Sikandari Raan, Talwar Kebabs at Guffa, Ohri's - Basheerbagh.
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 19:48   #3232
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,204
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
A good move Venu Saab, atleast you have saved yourself and your team from Gastronomical Misadventure at Nautanki Gali. There I do it again, succesfully stealing a Customer from Ohri's .
I still love visiting Ohri's for a couple of their signature dishes like Sikandari Raan, Talwar Kebabs at Guffa, Ohri's - Basheerbagh.

Thanks. My favourite desset has always been Monica Lewinsky at Ohris, available at most of their outlets.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 09:52   #3233
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,067
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

I had been to Chef Inam for dinner last evening and had Chicken & Teriyaki chicken steak.

It was super spicy and was great.

Total Damages-Rs 250.(he didn't charge me for 2 extra peices of bread.)
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 15:15   #3234
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Nautanki Galli is just that. It's all Nautanki and no real essence. It's horribly overcrowded and quality replaced with gross and sheer quanity. The number of items available combined with its stifled environment will surely dissipate your hunger.

Probably, it would be better to go there during dinners when buffet is not there.

Khaan Saab is again a mediocre place. Grand ambience and average tasting food. Not sure it was just their initial hiccup. But, surely worth another visit to see if they improved their average tasting food.


Chef Inam : Been here last sunday for a takeaway and got ourselves something called Flaming Chicken Steak for Rs.220 and we were so hungry we opened the carton and gobbled it down in the car itself.

Taste was very good but, not happy with quantity. Actually, it was too less.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 15:38   #3235
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Utupura - Again!

Utupura has become our staple our staple food joint. So much so that Bidisha has their number saved on the phone. Called them and ordered the following:
  1. Trivandrum Chicken Fry
  2. Mutton Masala
  3. Appam
  4. Kerala Parotta

Total Damages: Rs.469 including VAT and parcel charges.
Taste: Good as usual
Verdict: 3.5/5 but the Trivandrum Chicken Fry was expensive @ Rs160 for 3 chicken pieces
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 15:53   #3236
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,204
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
.


Khaan Saab is again a mediocre place. Grand ambience and average tasting food. Not sure it was just their initial hiccup. But, surely worth another visit to see if they improved their average tasting food.
Thanks. But as it is not very close to my office, is there any other place close to Madhapur, than can accomodate around 12 guys for buffet lunch?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 15:57   #3237
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,067
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks. But as it is not very close to my office, is there any other place close to Madhapur, than can accomodate around 12 guys for buffet lunch?
Food N I could be a good option.

Buffet is priced at Rs 307 (AI).Avi could throw more light on this.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 16:00   #3238
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,653
Thanked: 679 Times
Default Re: Utupura - Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Verdict: 3.5/5 but the Trivandrum Chicken Fry was expensive @ Rs160 for 3 chicken pieces
Even the chicken would have not known it would have such market value after its death. On a serious note, Ani where exactly is this place (just to get an idea, I've a few Mallu friends craving for Mallu food in Hyderabad). Also is there any place serving the traditional Kerala Sadya?

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 16:10   #3239
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,067
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default Re: Utupura - Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
On a serious note, Ani where exactly is this place (just to get an idea, I've a few Mallu friends craving for Mallu food in Hyderabad). Also is there any place serving the traditional Kerala Sadya?

Spike
Its on Road no. 10 Banjara Hills, in a lane opp Rainbow Hostel.

Sadya is served at Utupura only during Onam.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 17:30   #3240
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 257
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Utupura - Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Its on Road no. 10 Banjara Hills, in a lane opp Rainbow Hostel............
You mean Rainbow Hospital?
straightdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore Hatari Shifting gears 3598 18th August 2017 13:11
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1130 9th January 2017 10:20
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks