Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2011, 14:45   #3706
BHPian
 
rm_arjuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 445
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

this place was good when it opened ,the ambience is gone,looks very sidey and we have not visited this place in last 1 year . However their food was good .
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 17:34   #3707
BHPian
 
octane78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 141
Thanked: 28 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Take a left from Tirumalgiri circle ( if you are coming from Tirumalgiri RTO) and this place is 50 meters ahead on your left.

Not a place to go with your family (specially in the evenings) as this place including Biriyani Darbar is infested by indecent group of people.
I agree with Silverwood. Takeaway is a good option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A friend of mine who is an architect has his office right opposite building and we have ordered Haleem during off-season a few times which we devoured in his office. It was pretty decent!

No clue how this restuarant looks from inside.
The inside walls are adorned with old pictures of Hyderabad. There is also a dias for a Mehfil where you have a person singing Ghazals but you would not find any activity going on there.

The place is not maintained that great and service is a tad too low.

Rating

Food - 8/10
Ambience - 5/10
Service - 2/10
octane78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 17:49   #3708
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Secunderabad
Posts: 116
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Need Help: We are celebrating my parents anniversary, dad's birthday and my sons birthday on the 17th, it is going to be a family outing (12 Member). Please suggest me a good place to have mix of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food for lunch. Please consider locations in Secunderbaad (all areas as priority), Banjara Hills, Somajiguda, Panjagutta, BasheerBagh. Please do not include any of the below food joints;

1. Yatri Nivas
2. Peper Pod
3. Maya Bazar
4. Urvashi
5. Khan Saab
6. Sitara
7. Chutneys
8. Rashmi's
9. Nanking
10. Blue fox
11. Green Park (restaurants)
12. Basera
13. Ohris (all)
13. Chinese Pavilon
14. Main Land China
15. Thai restaurant
16. Any of the outlet in Inorbit
17. Paradise
18. Haveli
19. Four Seasons
20. Hyderabad House

The key here is to have good food. Having said that the place needs to be a decent one for family. Please do not recommend Five Star Restaurants (both located in a five star hotel and outside). The least I want to do is take a personal loan. :-)

Ajit

Last edited by ajitsank : 12th September 2011 at 18:07.
ajitsank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 17:58   #3709
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 664
Thanked: 325 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Need Help: We are celebrating my parents anniversary, dad's birthday and my sons birthday on the 17th, it is going to be a family outing (12 Member).
The key here is to have good food. Having said that the place needs to be a decent one for family.
Budget normally is needed to suggest a venue.

In absence of the same, I suggest ITC Kakatiya. It can offer you :

(1) Kebabs & Kurries : Earlier called Peshawari and is on the lines of "Bukhara" of ITC Maurya Sheraton of Delhi. I have not visited it recently but my father cannot stop praising the outlet and the food.

(2) Dakshin : Real awesome South Indian Thalis covering the cuisines from all the 4 states. I just love to go back time and again.

(3) Deccan Pavilion : Typical huge spread of Multi Cuisine Buffet like any 5-star. I simply adore the place and relish the food, especially the huge variety of desserts.

Edit : Just saw that Angeethi (North Indian buffet) is not in your list and also all the outlets of City Centre Mall which include IndiJoe (continental buffet), Aromas of China (alacarte chinese) & Sahib Sindh Sultan (peshawari cuisine, must try atta chicken).

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 12th September 2011 at 18:02.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 18:05   #3710
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Secunderabad
Posts: 116
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Budget normally is needed to suggest a venue.

In absence of the same, I suggest ITC Kakatiya. It can offer you :

(1) Kebabs & Kurries : Earlier called Peshawari and is on the lines of "Bukhara" of ITC Maurya Sheraton of Delhi. I have not visited it recently but my father cannot stop praising the outlet and the food.

(2) Dakshin : Real awesome South Indian Thalis covering the cuisines from all the 4 states. I just love to go back time and again.

(3) Deccan Pavilion : Typical huge spread of Multi Cuisine Buffet like any 5-star. I simply adore the place and relish the food, especially the huge variety of desserts.

Edit : Just saw that Angeethi (North Indian buffet) is not in your list and also all the outlets of City Centre Mall which include IndiJoe (continental buffet), Aromas of China (alacarte chinese) & Sahib Sindh Sultan (peshawari cuisine, must try atta chicken).

Thanks I must add that five star does not fit into our budget. Sahib Sindh Sultan looks like a good bet. Do they offer buffet and how much would it be.

Last edited by ajitsank : 12th September 2011 at 18:10.
ajitsank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 18:34   #3711
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 664
Thanked: 325 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Sahib Sindh Sultan looks like a good bet. Do they offer buffet and how much would it be.
No buffet, only a-la-carte. Reservations are a must if for 12 pax. Similiar to Khaan Saab, Ohri's Gufaa, etc. in menu and cuisine though a little bit higher in pricing.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 20:50   #3712
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Well, there are other restaurants as well, such as Terrace Bay, Aroma, IndiJoe, Grand Wok, Barbeque Nation and Our Place in Somajiguda and Banjara Hills areas.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 22:20   #3713
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank
The key here is to have good food. Having said that the place needs to be a decent one for family. Please do not recommend Five Star Restaurants (both located in a five star hotel and outside). The least I want to do is take a personal loan.
Try out 'Waterfront' on Necklace Road.

Like Venu Sir suggested, Our Place is another good option. They normally don't have a buffet for small groups. I remember getting them to organise one for a group of size 50+ though.

A third option is Daspalla.

Food 'n' I (either Blue Lotus or Flavours of China) is good if you haven't been there before. Please search this thread for my reviews on both places. I like the Chinese arm more but I've dined at Blue Lotus a few times as well and wouldn't mind it.

I can empathise with the general apathy towards Ohri's outlets but in my experience, Tansen and Rubaiyat are *good*.

For economical buffets for a family, please consider Taj Tristar on SD Road and Residency in Nampally. Only vegetarian fare is served in both of these places, though.

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 12th September 2011 at 22:23.
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 13:29   #3714
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,552
Thanked: 6,310 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Last evening from RHC, we drove down to "Over the Flames" on the Gachibowli road.
Thanks Avi. Loved the place.

Had my lunch there.
The food is very good and also fantastic value for money.
Ordered a Pizza (Chicken Arabiata), Pasta (Meat balls) and Lemon Chicken Salad.

Total: 442.
3 PAX.

The owner told me that Harry from the Harry's Diner is back in Hyderabad. He will be opening a new joint in Jubilee Hills.

I wish him best of luck.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 07:04   #3715
BHPian
 
Insane Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 981
Thanked: 135 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Need Help: We are celebrating my parents anniversary, dad's birthday and my sons birthday on the 17th, it is going to be a family outing (12 Member). Please suggest me a good place to have mix of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food for lunch. Please consider locations in Secunderbaad (all areas as priority), Banjara Hills, Somajiguda, Panjagutta, BasheerBagh. Please do not include any of the below food joints;

1. Yatri Nivas
2. Peper Pod
3. Maya Bazar
4. Urvashi
5. Khan Saab
6. Sitara
7. Chutneys
8. Rashmi's
9. Nanking
10. Blue fox
11. Green Park (restaurants)
12. Basera
13. Ohris (all)
13. Chinese Pavilon
14. Main Land China
15. Thai restaurant
16. Any of the outlet in Inorbit
17. Paradise
18. Haveli
19. Four Seasons
20. Hyderabad House

The key here is to have good food. Having said that the place needs to be a decent one for family. Please do not recommend Five Star Restaurants (both located in a five star hotel and outside). The least I want to do is take a personal loan. :-)

Ajit

Hi Ajit, check out the following...

1.LITTLE ITALY (Banjara Hills):
Awesome authentic italian food. Slightly pricey but their Lunch buffet is excellent. its mostly served on the table.
Cost: Rs.4,50 per person.
Choice of 2 soups, then u got salads - all this u take urself from their buffet table.
Then 1 starter from a choice of 5,
1 pizza from a choice of 5,
1 pasta from a choice of 5-6
1 risotto from a choice of 5-6,
and then a good spread of deserts from the buffet table.
The starters n main course is served on table.

Now the starters and main course portions arent the normal ones. they are small sized good for one person. best is that all can try what they want. and also have a variety. so in a group of 12 u guys can order more of the one u like and less of ones not sure of.

Even the a-la-carte menu is superb!
My favourite place for Italian. like this one better than the N-Grill, which is more popular for the p3 crowd than the food!


An indian cusine option would be...
RUBAIYAT(HIi Tech City... in cyber pearl or cyber gateway)
This is by Ohris. in the same place next to this is the Nautanki Gali. also v.good...only buffet.

Now Rubaiyat is a classy fine dining restro. not too expensive, great food and ambience. u r bound to have a great time here!

Hope this helps.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 12:31   #3716
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
1.LITTLE ITALY (Banjara Hills):
Awesome authentic italian food. Slightly pricey but their Lunch buffet is excellent. its mostly served on the table.
It's vegetarian only, and I think that's a deal-breaker for ajitsank.

But if it's not, +1 to Little Italy, and of course to Rubaiyat as well like I've said in my previous post.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 13:44   #3717
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Secunderabad
Posts: 116
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hi Ajit, check out the following...

1.LITTLE ITALY (Banjara Hills):
Awesome authentic italian food. Slightly pricey but their Lunch buffet is excellent. its mostly served on the table.
Cost: Rs.4,50 per person.
Choice of 2 soups, then u got salads - all this u take urself from their buffet table.
Then 1 starter from a choice of 5,
1 pizza from a choice of 5,
1 pasta from a choice of 5-6
1 risotto from a choice of 5-6,
and then a good spread of deserts from the buffet table.
The starters n main course is served on table.

Now the starters and main course portions arent the normal ones. they are small sized good for one person. best is that all can try what they want. and also have a variety. so in a group of 12 u guys can order more of the one u like and less of ones not sure of.

Even the a-la-carte menu is superb!
My favourite place for Italian. like this one better than the N-Grill, which is more popular for the p3 crowd than the food!


An indian cusine option would be...
RUBAIYAT(HIi Tech City... in cyber pearl or cyber gateway)
This is by Ohris. in the same place next to this is the Nautanki Gali. also v.good...only buffet.

Now Rubaiyat is a classy fine dining restro. not too expensive, great food and ambience. u r bound to have a great time here!

Hope this helps.
Little Italy is a good place and good idea, have to rule that out due to few hardcore non-veg in the family. Rubaiyat is worth the try. Do they have buffet and would you have an idea on the cost
ajitsank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 07:18   #3718
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 664
Thanked: 325 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

There was a mention of Fish Biryani of Fishland in the Hyderabad Chronicle which comes with the Deccan Chronicle yesterday (15-09-11) on the Palate Pleasures page (Page 20) under the heading of South Indian variety.

Well, could I resist after reading that? No.

Picked one fish biryani from Fishland for dinner.

Decent quantity of rice (long grained, fragrant, juicy just the way biryani rice is supposed to be) with okay quantity of boneless fish and masala. Good enough to be eaten by itself without the need of any accompaniments. Salan was not good because it had a slight smell as if the cook forgot to mix it while cooking and it got burnt (just a little bit). Dahi Chatni was very good, no sourness, very thick.

I found a decent helping of "Double Ka Meetha" in the parcel. Not sure if they give it always or just because they made it to the newspapers yesterday.

On the whole, the biryani was nice though next time I will try prawn or stick to mutton and chicken. 2 biryanis between 3 people would have been good enough.

It was priced @ 185 in the menu. They offer 10% discount for take away. They charged me 3 for packing box. So 185 + 3 - 10% = 169.

No VAT. No Service Tax. No Service Charge. 10% discount for taking away (they save on space, a/c, cutlery, etc. and they compensate you for it)

Hotel Fishland, Just before Big Bazar, Punjagutta Ameerpet Main Road.

I think I will be ordering biryanis and some other dishes from here again soon.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 09:27   #3719
BHPian
 
Insane Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 981
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Hi Ajit,

Rubaiyat doesnt have a buffet.

The restro next to it has a fantastic buffet - NAUTANKI GALI.
The price is aroynd Rs.350/- for veg n nonveg.

The spread is great, n also the taste. The interiors are one of a kind! If buffet is for u, then this is it!!!

Another buffet option with non veg is the ZAFRAAN EXOTICA on Rd.#12, opp. AUDI Showroom.
The foid here is excellent. Priced around 350-400/-

I would really suggest u try the Nautanki Gali if u havent yet done that!
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 09:58   #3720
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
The restro next to it has a fantastic buffet - NAUTANKI GALI.
The price is aroynd Rs.350/- for veg n nonveg.
Note that this place can get *really* crowded, and to be frank, the food doesn't taste all that great for the price. The inaugural price of around INR 225 was good. The subsequent price hikes have made Nautanki Galli not at all value for money, in my humble opinion.

The low VFM factor I can live with, but the crowd was a total put-off. My friends and timed our visits to the spread tables with a phase difference. So we waited while everyone (i.e. the rest of the guests in the entire restaurant) was having their chaats/starters. Once they were done, we started, and we continued this phase difference till the end of our meal. This is really bad form, because we're essentially holding the table up for the duration it takes to consume one course, but we had no other recourse.

I would keep this as an option (despite it being an Ohri's joint), but as the last one if nothing else works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Another buffet option with non veg is the ZAFRAAN EXOTICA on Rd.#12, opp. AUDI Showroom.
The foid here is excellent. Priced around 350-400/-
+1 for Zafraan, especially in the evening. Zafraan over Nautanki Galli any day. The spread is smaller but of far greater quality.

Although, given the size of the ajitsank's group, getting seating in the open terrace is not an option. :(

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore Hatari Shifting gears 3598 18th August 2017 13:11
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1130 9th January 2017 10:20
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks