| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|6th February 2009, 17:25||#391|
|6th February 2009, 17:36||#392|
|6th February 2009, 18:13||#393|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 404 Times
My choice of venues:
My choice of eating joints,
1. Nanking, Parklane, Secunderabad - (F only) Chinese
2. Haiking, next to old Hyd.Stock Exch., Hyderguda, - (F & B) Chinese
3. Papaji ka dhaba - Opp Hotel Sabarwal - Hanuman Tekdi, Abids. - (F only) Punj - AWESOME
4. Little Italy - Film Nagar, J.H. (F & B), Italian - veg
5 Soutern Spice - Opp. Muffakam Jah college, Road no.2 B.Hills (F Only) Andhra
6. Sudha / Swagat mess, Narayanguda - Coming to Naryanguda X roads from YMCA, 1st floor, 100 M before the X roads Opp Deepak talkies (F only) Andhra Veg.
7. Gayatri Bhavan - Himayat Nagar Main rd. - (F Only) Udipi veg
8. Old Fox, after food world in lane next to Pantaloons, Begumpet, (now rechristened something like Onions) (F only) Indian - his Biryani is the non-hyd variety and verrry good.
9 O'fen - Rd. No. 10, Banjara Hills, (F Only) Bakery & conti
10. Garden - Clock tower, Secunderabad (F Only) - Irani great mildly spiced biryani
11. Parwaaz, Nampally, (F Only) - Irani (open late night - look for side entrance) Biryani, roti and mutton masala
12. Asian, Nampally, (F Only) - Irani (open late night - look for side entrance) This guys makes the most awesome Harees in the season. Biryani, roti etc.
13. Hotel Rajdoot, lakdi-ka-pul, (just before Telephone Exch.) (F Only) Andhra - meals / ala carte, real rich andhra biryani. Check out his sweet shop on the ground floor, not much to look at but the sweets and khara, particularly the typical andhra ones, are awesome.
14. Gokul Chaat, Koti, after Andhra Bank - before Gandhi Sadan, (F Only) - chaat. Best chaat in town. So famous that even the pakis heard about it and bombed it.
15 Alpha / Alps - Secunderabad stn. (F Only) - Irani, Alpha used to be the best in town a while ago.
16. Anand Bhavan, R.P. Road, (Kingsway), Secunderabad, - (F Only) udipi.
17. Chung-hua, 2 branches, one in Basheerbagh palace lane (opp Paigah towers) and one on Minister road (in the same line as all the car decor guys). (F Only) Chinese - house speciality is the Pan fried noodles - called basket noodles.
18. Mohini, Basheerbagh, after Shanbag, beside the flyover. (F only) Searingly spicy fare that is all his own.
19. Urvashi & Downtown, Punjagutta, Opp. NIMS, (F & B) Open late (look for side entrance in lane).
20. Taj Banjara, particularly their lobby lounge and waterside cafe, great ambience / view and best food in that category of hotels.
21 The New Radhe Shyam chaat guys next to the Ramgopalpet Police Stn (one with the clock tower), M.G. Road, Secunderabad
If I remember any more, I will put them up in a new post. I have not included the infraction inviters here.
|6th February 2009, 22:43||#394|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Went to the Mexican restaurant at Novotel last week - La Cantina - lovely ambience if you're looking for a relaxed, chilled out sort of evening. I liked the fact that there were quite a few seating options, on the terrace (my pick), in a gazebo, inside the restaurant or just by the poolside.
The two of us had a couple of drinks each, chicken enchiladas, a pizza (thin crust - just the way i like it!), and a positively delectable dessert - forget the name - something to do with cake & milk. Set us back by just about two grand - steep - but I'd go back.
La Cantina opens for lunch & dinner on the weekdays & all day on the weekends.
|7th February 2009, 11:52||#395|
@Raveendrra, great list. Except for Old Fox, been to ALL the places you listed
Mention of Parwaaz and Asian brought back old memories. There was a time when we use to go to Asian for Biryani at 3am-4am in the morning.
But, their quality isn't the same, i would say, they totally crumbled from the onslaught of these hundreds of new food joints springing up in the city.
Other such places that i can add are Naigara ( Chaderghat & Hyderguda), Bahar which use to be regular late night joints but same story, now quality is horrendous.
I still frequent regularly 1/3rd of the list that you outlined
|9th February 2009, 08:52||#396|
Senior - BHPian
Ravveendra, Good list.
Add Southern Mirchi, opp to Harah's for Andhra cuisine! Awesome food!
Amip, I agree with on LaCantina. Real good mexican stuff! Yup-steeply priced for being in Novotel!!
Guys, Can we actually make a full list of good food joints by their Cuisine?? will help us and anybody coming to Hyd!!Rajesh, want to take lead??
|9th February 2009, 11:20||#397|
i can definately take the lead on calling you all on friday to fix up where we going to eat yummy...
infact on friday(6th feb) mr and mrs mobike,mr and mrs milecruncher and yours truely had gone to see dev d ( emotional attyachar) and then we were eating at some dhaba around that area.. the mushroom masala was good there ,pandeyji your additions to the friday food review.
Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 9th February 2009 at 11:22.
|9th February 2009, 11:29||#399|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanked: 6,308 Times
|9th February 2009, 11:31||#400|
but do try the gualati kebab and ulte tawa ka paratha which i felt were good..
|9th February 2009, 12:00||#401|
Went to Anjappar yesterday, based on Rajesh's advice ordered the following :-
Vanjram Fish Fry : Rs.140. It tasted bland and i was shocked to see only a very small single piece.
Anjappar Sp. Chicken Curry : Rs. 140 It was real hot but somehow the gravy didnt taste good to me. Also, i didnt like the chicken as cubes in this curry.
Egg Fried Rice : Rs. 90. It was good.
On the whole, not a great experience.
Where did you celebrate your Birthday Rajesh bhai?
|9th February 2009, 12:12||#402|
as far as the bday goes ,the lunch was at ohri's jiva at somajiguda( dad is in vizag ,so it was just me and mum,after a brief gorcery shopping at spar)
dinner was ghar par as we didnt feel like going out ,so ordered dinner from twister at madhapur.
also the kfc fellows have introduced these cooler drinks called krushers ,they have 3 flavours ,i tried virgin mojito ( lime + mint leaves ) full paisa vasool..
|9th February 2009, 14:12||#404|
Senior - BHPian
Thanks for the pointers. I found the place ok. The starters were good. For 395(with taxes) unlimited food with unlimited tiger beer is a good offering i must say. However stayed away from Tiger as had to return to office for work!!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore||Hatari||Shifting gears||3593||1st July 2017 23:52|
|A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai||khanak||Shifting gears||1130||9th January 2017 10:20|
|A Guide: Eating out in Pune||abhijitaparadh||Shifting gears||557||6th January 2017 02:10|
|A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR||tsk1979||Shifting gears||574||27th October 2016 10:14|
|A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta)||planet_rocker||Shifting gears||88||31st October 2015 12:50|