Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 27th February 2009, 17:11   #481
Senior - BHPian

Now that we don't have a good movie worth its salt releasing today, may I suggest watching DVD today at Hillock Haven. Show starts at 8. What say junta?
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 21:32   #482
Team-BHP Support

I am about to indulge in Pepper Chicken and Special Chicken Curry. Will keep you posted how it tasted later on
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 21:50   #483
BHPian

I asked Avi aka "the bible of eating out in Hyd" suggestions for a good restaurant that allows smoking too, but lets see if T-bhp Hyderabadi's give out more options

got a few people coming in from UK and they all from BAT(British American Tobacco) , hence cannot risk a non smoking place, lol.Even an open area seating within the Restaurant premises is fine .Continental, Chinese , who cares .....

cheers in advance foodies.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 00:09   #484
BHPian

@Rajesh: for "Pandey Ki Rasoi" i volunteer my services as the QA guy...i get to taste and certify all food before they are served

@pulsar56: sizzlers at 100 Degrees are quite good.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 07:50   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I asked Avi aka "the bible of eating out in Hyd" suggestions for a good restaurant that allows smoking too, but lets see if T-bhp Hyderabadi's give out more options

got a few people coming in from UK and they all from BAT(British American Tobacco) , hence cannot risk a non smoking place, lol.Even an open area seating within the Restaurant premises is fine .Continental, Chinese , who cares .....

cheers in advance foodies.
Try Seventh Heaven above Sixth Element in Punjagutta. Its a open air restaurant on the 7th floor providing good Hyderabad View. You can also try Terrace Bay
Old 28th February 2009, 07:52   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Try Seventh Heaven above Sixth Element in Punjagutta. Its a open air restaurant on the 7th floor providing good Hyderabad View. You can also try Terrace Bay

cheers MC , will give them a call and enquire.
Old 28th February 2009, 09:34   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
@Rajesh: for "Pandey Ki Rasoi" i volunteer my services as the QA guy...i get to taste and certify all food before they are served
aree uncle firstly great to see your post ,were you being excavated out of mohenjodaro or harrappa man? you just seemed to have disappeared.

please collect your offer letter in our next meet for you being the QA guy of pandey ki rasoi.

do check out the thread on the march meet(if you havent) for our next drive out.

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 28th February 2009 at 09:40.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 12:03   #488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Seventh Heaven is not a fit place for foreign delegates. Terrace Bay does not allow smoking. Please list out more names so i can strike them off the contention list

Btw, the Pepper Chicken and Special Chicken curry last night was awesome. It was from a place called "Rasoi" near my home.
Old 28th February 2009, 12:18   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Seventh Heaven is not a fit place for foreign delegates. Terrace Bay does not allow smoking. Please list out more names so i can strike them off the contention list

Btw, the Pepper Chicken and Special Chicken curry last night was awesome. It was from a place called "Rasoi" near my home.
Try Aroma over kalaniketan in Somajoguda.

If you are very particular about smoking then you should definitely go to Blue Waters Bar in Park Lane. They have a permanent 1+1 offer. ( This will definitely give them an idea of their typical customer segment and will help them to make an appropriate product in the future.)
Old 28th February 2009, 12:31   #490
BHPian

How about Paigah or Chiraan Fort or something in those lines? The ambiance could seem nostalgic for these guys.bugger the food coz they'll probably have their lunch time thirst quenchers along with the nicotine top ups. The food is just to fill gaps in between.

So any nostalgic/historic place would also work out well for me.

Cheers

Edit : What about Marriott on Tank Bund ? anyone been there?

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 28th February 2009 at 12:33.
Old 28th February 2009, 13:21   #491
BHPian

i think all the upmarket indoor restaurants have restrictions on smoking.

arre yaar...they must be used to it. UK is stricter than india about their no-smoking policy. let them smoke outside before and after the meals.

alternatively u can take to any of the "Bar & Restaurants" dotting the city - let them enjoy tasty food, booze, ciggies all at a lower price!
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 14:38   #492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
arre yaar...they must be used to it. UK is stricter than india about their no-smoking policy. let them smoke outside before and after the meals.
I agree

Arun, let them know upfront about the no-smoking policy, i doubt if you need to take so much trouble just that they can enjoy their smokes.

As suggested, i still feel Fusion 9 is the place to take firaangs. They love that food. Unless, these folks are particular to try indian stuff in an indian environment. In that case, i suggest Dum Phukt in GK
Old 28th February 2009, 15:24   #493
BHPian

Cheers for the suggestions guys , Ive gone ahead and made bookings at Fusion 9 and Okra.Okra is the Marriott hotel's and they have pool side seating which is a smoking zone too. Ill cross check the menu's in both places and keep one of them.

cheers once again for the efforts. appreciate it .
Old 28th February 2009, 15:34   #494
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Ive gone ahead and made bookings at Fusion 9 and Okra.
Good choice. Both are known for their continental food. Btw, your earlier short-list of Chiran Fort was yucks as their food is terrible. And, they have a huge lawn with tables spread across making you feel as if you have gone to a wedding
Old 28th February 2009, 20:09   #495
BHPian

Have you considered Ofen, TGIF etc.?
f450 is offline   Reply With Quote