Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2013, 11:02   #5596
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,568
Thanked: 1,686 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Hello Hyderabadi Team-BHPians!!

Can someone please share their latest experiences about the Beach House and Kasani GR at Madhapur? My office colleagues are planning a team lunch on a working day (Monday - Friday) sometime this month end and it would be great if I can get a feedback on the above places on things like the ambience, food variety, quality, pricing and service.

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Its already been reviewed-Beach House.Run by a friend of NoRules. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...rabad-350.html
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 11:03   #5597
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Guys, your post about KDM itself makes my mouth watery. Planning to get mutton and prawn fry as a parcel today. How much would be the cost? BTW, for parcel what could be the main course? Biryani? Only downside, I have to hit the roads for a good 30KM for this, but when we good quality food, why not
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 11:58   #5598
BHPian
 
NoRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 226
Thanked: 57 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Hello Hyderabadi Team-BHPians!!

Can someone please share their latest experiences about the Beach House and Kasani GR at Madhapur?

Rahul Waghmare.
Rahul,

Beach House is owned by my friends. They have buffet lunch @249/- (I think) and it is the standard fare of 1 non-veg, 1 veg starter, veg and n/v soups, biryani, one n/v and one egg curry, rotis and the other regular dishes. If you can influence the decision, choose Beach House.

The biryani is usally very good. I was involved in several tasting sessions while choosing the chef. The buffet is laid out in the first floor A/c banquet hall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Guys, your post about KDM itself makes my mouth watery. Planning to get mutton and prawn fry as a parcel today. How much would be the cost? BTW, for parcel what could be the main course? Biryani? Only downside, I have to hit the roads for a good 30KM for this, but when we good quality food, why not
The cost would be in the range of Rs.160/- to 180/-. With mutton fry / prawn fry the best main course would be thaali meals. You can also taste the veg curries / dal / sambar / chutneys etc. Nothing beats eating there though. One parcel is good enough for 2 people and if there are more, just ask for extra rice parcel.
NoRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 13:04   #5599
BHPian
 
Motormania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roaming!
Posts: 218
Thanked: 101 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

People talking about KDM again ehh Probably the only place where I have ever enjoyed having an Andhra meal. Absolutely love their thali and the Mutton Fry is pure love!!

Coming to biryanis. January onwards, I noticed 1 thing. The Paradise takeaway biryani was a little inconsistent in quality. I mean the basic taste is still the same, but the amount of masala varies. Sometimes it is very spicy and a little bland on the other days.

I have been a huge fan of Paradise biryani and their Keema-Roti breakfast since the day I shifted to Hyderabad. However, I seem to enjoy Green Bawarchi biryani as well. They use slightly longer rice grains and are usually lightly spiced. One can ask for extra masala nonetheless. Strangely, I like the raita and salan served by GB more than that at Paradise! Another point in favor of GB is the chicken. The pieces are always bigger and meatier than Paradise.


However, I absolutely LOVE Shadab's biryani!! The amount of masala is spot on for my tongue and the raita too goes very well with it. The chicken pieces are very juicy!


PS :- Contrary to some of my Calcutta friends, I am a thorough Hyderabadi Biryani lover. I simply cannot have the bland, artificial tasting biryani served here in Calcutta anymore.
Motormania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 13:35   #5600
BHPian
 
NoRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 226
Thanked: 57 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
However, I absolutely LOVE Shadab's biryani!! The amount of masala is spot on for my tongue and the raita too goes very well with it. The chicken pieces are very juicy!
Shadab will be opening a take away near the Masjid on Road No.3, Banjara Hills. I think they will start operations in couple of weeks. Now you do not have to go all the way to Tolichowki or Old City to get the yummy biryani.

I am looking to forward to see what all they would be serving at the take away.
NoRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 14:08   #5601
BHPian
 
Motormania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roaming!
Posts: 218
Thanked: 101 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Shadab will be opening a take away near the Masjid on Road No.3, Banjara Hills. I think they will start operations in couple of weeks. Now you do not have to go all the way to Tolichowki or Old City to get the yummy biryani.

I am looking to forward to see what all they would be serving at the take away.
From my campus in Dontanpalli, everything is far

Btw, I didn't know Shadab had an outlet in Tolichowki as well. Is there any difference in the taste between this and the Old City outlet? Tolichowki would be far more convenient for me, since I frequent Gachibowli/Kondapur.
Motormania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 23:18   #5602
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cyberabad / hyderabad
Posts: 132
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

any reviews on The blue door , i think its in jubilee hills?
kippu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 16:37   #5603
BHPian
 
Scarlet_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 551
Thanked: 401 Times
Post re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Its already been reviewed-Beach House.Run by a friend of NoRules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Rahul, Beach House is owned by my friends. If you can influence the decision, choose Beach House.
Thanks for the info Ranjit and NoRules!! We will mostly be finalizing Beach House as most of our office colleagues have already been to Kasani GR.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 10:22   #5604
BHPian
 
Pheonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hi-drive-a-bad
Posts: 186
Thanked: 97 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Coming to biryanis. January onwards, I noticed 1 thing. The Paradise takeaway biryani was a little inconsistent in quality. I mean the basic taste is still the same, but the amount of masala varies. Sometimes it is very spicy and a little bland on the other days.
Had such experience yesterday when i took a parcel from Paradise . I dont know why but they are terribly loosing their charm as i had some very bland biriyani gift comboes ( both chicken and mutton were so tastelesss ) )

Actual plan was to try KDM as suggested by all the guys here on thread but it was so late close to 3.00 pm and that too on Sunday i couldnt take a chance. I will have to plan it better next time

I think there are lot more places that make better biriyani than Paradise now.
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 10:26   #5605
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Shadab will be opening a take away near the Masjid on Road No.3, Banjara Hills. I think they will start operations in couple of weeks. Now you do not have to go all the way to Tolichowki or Old City to get the yummy biryani.
Great news Ravi Anna.Will they also serve b'fast here.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Btw, I didn't know Shadab had an outlet in Tolichowki as well. Is there any difference in the taste between this and the Old City outlet?
Its Shah-Ghouse, not Shadaab. I think Ravi anna got confused.

If you love Chicken Biryani, try Alpha which is bang opp Secunderabad Railway Station.Dont miss their trademark Pudding after you finish eating Biryani.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 20th May 2013 at 10:31.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 10:30   #5606
BHPian
 
Motormania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roaming!
Posts: 218
Thanked: 101 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Had such experience yesterday when i took a parcel from Paradise . I dont know why but they are terribly loosing their charm as i had some very bland biriyani gift comboes ( both chicken and mutton were so tastelesss ) )

Actual plan was to try KDM as suggested by all the guys here on thread but it was so late close to 3.00 pm and that too on Sunday i couldnt take a chance. I will have to plan it better next time

I think there are lot more places that make better biriyani than Paradise now.
Indeed. Sad, but true. I am particularly not happy with the chicken pieces that come with the biryani. The meat is just not robust enough. On the other hand, the chicken pieces (in biryani) are comparatively better in Green Bawarchi and Shadaab.

Since the biryani at the Paradise take-away is already packed, one cannot opt for "double masala" like in other places!


I am really looking forward to trying out Bahar and Prince as soon as i return
Motormania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 10:55   #5607
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
The cost would be in the range of Rs.160/- to 180/-. With mutton fry / prawn fry the best main course would be thaali meals. You can also taste the veg curries / dal / sambar / chutneys etc. Nothing beats eating there though. One parcel is good enough for 2 people and if there are more, just ask for extra rice parcel.
Only problem is, my kid doesnt sit in one place, so prefer only parcels. Hope the next week would be my day for Mutton and Prawn fries from KDM
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 11:06   #5608
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,556
Thanked: 6,313 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Had such experience yesterday when i took a parcel from Paradise . I dont know why but they are terribly loosing their charm as i had some very bland biriyani gift comboes ( both chicken and mutton were so tastelesss ) )
Which Paradise?

If it was Hi Tech City, its expected to be bad.
If its Masab Tank, its sometimes(very rare) inconsistent.
If its Secunderabad, very very sad that they are also losing the charm.

However I have not had Paradise biryani in over a month. My daughter seems to like the Prince one.
So I typically pick up a Chicken Biryani for her and beef fry for myself.

I actually like the Rs 100 packet of Chicken Biryani from Prince.
That along with 1/2 tandoori/ grill chicken (Rs 80) is almost perfect for a small family of 3.
Grill chicken from Prince is preferred because you can almost remove the entire masala along with the skin. Makes it easier to feed young kids.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 12:44   #5609
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Indeed. Sad, but true. I am particularly not happy with the chicken pieces that come with the biryani. The meat is just not robust enough. On the other hand, the chicken pieces (in biryani) are comparatively better in Green Bawarchi and Shadaab.
I assume you are ordering Chicken Biryani from Paradise? Paradise serves excellent Mutton Biryani and is not really known too well for Chicken Biryani

Btw, I never accept the ones that is already packed. I insist on double masala which they happily give it without any complaints after making me wait for a few mins.

I took away Paradise Biryani from IMAX couple of weeks ago, that was the first time even i didnt like it. It was not bad but, just average. Basic taste and flavour remains same but, somehow masala quantity differ and it lacked its usual punch that day.

That reminds me, been couple of weeks that I had Paradise Biryani and also more than that for Prince Chicken Biryani which also iam liking these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Had such experience yesterday when i took a parcel from Paradise . I dont know why but they are terribly loosing their charm as i had some very bland biriyani gift comboes
IMO, those huge combos are always "hit or miss" dishes. Always prefer to buy separate biryani packs than big combos

Can you name a few other places which according to you make better biryani than Paradise? Would be interesting to know your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
However, I absolutely LOVE Shadab's biryani!! The amount of masala is spot on for my tongue and the raita too goes very well with it. The chicken pieces are very juicy!
Do you go all the way to Charminar to eat Biryani at Shadab? And, is it always you eat Chicken or you tried Mutton as well at Shadab?

I like the curries and rotis at Shadab and never liked the mutton biryani as it usually comes with rock hard meat pieces.

Last evening, got take-away from KDM. Kakatiya Mutton Fry ( Rs.140) and Kakatiya Prawn Fry ( Rs.170)

My better half used to dislike prawns but, now she is enjoying KDM Prawn Fry a lot.

KDM is turning things around
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 13:58   #5610
BHPian
 
jayded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TVM, HYD
Posts: 522
Thanked: 415 Times
Default re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Being a jobless Sunday night, decided to go on a drive from Gachibowli in search of the much read "Famous ice creams" at Mozzamjahi market. Had to ask a few people on the way for the route and finally reached there around 10:30 p.m. I tried the following:
1) Bowl of Mango icecream: Great.
2) Bowl of Chikoo icecream: Great.
3) Famous Special icecream: Good.

The place was buzzing with people at that time and I was surprised to see so much people there since the other parts of the street looked deserted.

Total damage on the wallet, just 90/-. Can icecreams get more VFM than this? While paying the guy, I was thinking about the 310/- a buddy and I paid at Inorbit mall for icecreams last month, which included a cone icecream and a medium sized cup.

Will be going there again soon to try out the other flavours. Another good place to visit during those jobless nights.
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore Hatari Shifting gears 3606 22nd August 2017 09:03
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1130 9th January 2017 10:20
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks