Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 15:56   #571
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,004
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
hey guys, any of you people tried the hot dosas and tea in front of hsbc late nights? guy starts around 3am, amazing it is
Yep i am there quite often.
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 16:05   #572
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Special admin zone of Hyderabad
Posts: 271
Thanked: 6 Times
Default European/Continental

Hi Guys, any recommendations for good european/continental food (apart from Sweet Nirvana) around HiTec/Gachibowli area?
Thanks in advance.
adzegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 16:58   #573
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Hi Guys, any recommendations for good european/continental food (apart from Sweet Nirvana) around HiTec/Gachibowli area?
Thanks in advance.
For Alacarte, you can try Fusion 9/Grill Room etc.

For Buffet, you can try Novotel/Marriot ( 1100+++)/Indijoe's
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 17:01   #574
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post


hey guys, any of you people tried the hot dosas and tea in front of hsbc late nights? guy starts around 3am, amazing it is
Is this the HSBC on RajBhavan Road you are talking about ?
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 17:09   #575
BHPian
 
suren181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 847
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Guys FYI,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nds-still.html (Maredumilli & Papikondalu - Where time stands still.)
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 17:11   #576
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
For Alacarte, you can try Fusion 9/Grill Room etc.

For Buffet, you can try Novotel/Marriot ( 1100+++)/Indijoe's
Also, Zaafraan Laguna in Lumbini Mall. (but on the expensive side!)
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 17:18   #577
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,787
Thanked: 814 Times
Default

@Adzegeek..Try Tamara for Meditarenean Food.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 18:07   #578
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Is this the HSBC on RajBhavan Road you are talking about ?
Methinks he is referrring to the call centre at Road # 10, B Hills, near Karvy
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:29   #579
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,004
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Methinks he is referrring to the call centre at Road # 10, B Hills, near Karvy
Yes the same place. it is open till 4-4:30. You get dosas, sandwiches, tea and cigarettes.
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:50   #580
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Yes the same place. it is open till 4-4:30. You get dosas, sandwiches, tea and cigarettes.
Karan miya, ittne bade personality ke ho, khate pete gharane ke lagto ho.

Please contribute your food escapades too so we perenially hungry people can make use of your contribution
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:03   #581
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,004
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Avi too much to type yaar. I will let you know when i meet you tomorrow.
Anyway you are no less i think you covered all the restaurants/food places that i have been to already. :lol
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:32   #582
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Anyway you are no less i think you covered all the restaurants/food places that i have been to already. :lol
Is that a compliment?

I was under the impression that i have been to less than 25% of restuarants in Hyderabad and currently, waiting for someone to sponsor me to explore the remaining 75%
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:48   #583
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is that a compliment?

I was under the impression that i have been to less than 25% of restuarants in Hyderabad and currently, waiting for someone to sponsor me to explore the remaining 75%
Why don't you ask B Ramalinga Raju, after all that he's saved, he can definitely sponsor you for those 75% restaurants if not outrightly buy them for you
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:18   #584
BHPian
 
DriverR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 317
Thanked: 146 Times
Default

Did they raise the price of the buffet at Novotel? 6 months back I used to pay Rs 750 per head. In anycase, the continental spread/option for the buffet at Novotel is limited, but the desserts spread is fantastic!
DriverR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:59   #585
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,552
Thanked: 6,310 Times
Default

THE OFEN - Delectably European {{ Bakerie, Patisserie & All Day Cafe }} Hyderabad

Nice food here.
Kinda expensive but the service with a smile wins them my goodwill.

Yesterday had picked up some as takeaway.
Arabiato, Chicken (half), French fries, Chicken Burger.
Bill about Rs 487.

The french fries were an absolute waste of money. 50 bucks for like 20 sticks or so.

The rest of it was quite nice.
Jacket Potato was an accompaniment with something. They were the best.
The Arabiato was quite good. (150)
Chicken a little hard. I like it like that but my wife was not impressed. (150)
The burger was very good. (80)
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore Hatari Shifting gears 3598 18th August 2017 13:11
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1130 9th January 2017 10:20
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks