Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:07   #586
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Had dinner last night at Hyderabad Boat Club.
Items had
Tiger Prawns - 2 portions
Veg Springroll
Green Salad
Chicken Biryani
Keema Curry
4 Tandoori Roti
Mixed Veg
1 Bottle water
2 Bottle Soda
2 Orange juice

Taste of Food: Very good
Service: Faster than most places and its always service with a smile
Bill : Rs 390 odd
Verdict : Absolute Value for Money and chance to sit by the Hussain Sagar on a absolutely well manicured lawn
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:47   #587
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Had dinner last night at Hyderabad Boat Club.
Taste of Food: Very good
Service: Faster than most places and its always service with a smile
Bill : Rs 390 odd
Verdict : Absolute Value for Money and chance to sit by the Hussain Sagar on a absolutely well manicured lawn
Hey, is that the one located at the other end of Necklace Road--where it meets the Tank Bund road? Do you need to be a member to dine there?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:56   #588
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey, is that the one located at the other end of Necklace Road--where it meets the Tank Bund road? Do you need to be a member to dine there?
You don't have to be a member to dine at boat club. (next to Lumbini Park)

But for the sailing club, you have to be a member. (other end of necklace road!)
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:59   #589
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey, is that the one located at the other end of Necklace Road--where it meets the Tank Bund road? Do you need to be a member to dine there?
Nope thats Secunderabad Sailing Club. Hyderabad Boat Club is next to Lumbini Park and road goes thru the Punnami Resort Office. Yes you have to be a member to dine there but my club in Madras is on their affiliate list, so I can utilise their services.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:34   #590
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,234
Thanked: 22 Times
Default link

hi folks,
just found a link to know about food events:

Event listings in category "Food", from current/upcoming events - fullhyd.com Hyderabad search

this particular thing might interest few hydeez(arun??):
Midnight Buffet At The Waterside Cafe - Overview: Events in Hyderabad on fullhyd.com
(11:45pm to 2:30am)

yenjaai.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 23rd April 2009 at 14:38.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:00   #591
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
hi folks,
just found a link to know about food events:

Event listings in category "Food", from current/upcoming events - fullhyd.com Hyderabad search

this particular thing might interest few hydeez(arun??):
Midnight Buffet At The Waterside Cafe - Overview: Events in Hyderabad on fullhyd.com
(11:45pm to 2:30am)

yenjaai.
I can't see the links in office. I am sure they must be related to some good offers on buffet at good dining joints.

I am planning to take a personal loan to explore these food joints
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:02   #592
BHPian
 
nagvasireddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 106
Thanked: Once
Default best source of info on Hyd food festivals

check this out

Explocity.com Hyderabad. Top event
nagvasireddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:03   #593
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I can't see the links in office. I am sure they must be related to some good offers on buffet at good dining joints.

I am planning to take a personal loan to explore these food joints

lol.. isnt waterside cafe the place next to 'eat street' or is that waterfront.?

waterfront has cover charge and all to get in.( i think its 800 bucks)
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:07   #594
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
lol.. isnt waterside cafe the place next to 'eat street' or is that waterfront.?

waterfront has cover charge and all to get in.( i think its 800 bucks)
This is waterfront at Taj Banjara next to Underdeck . 800 bucks for a buffet.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:15   #595
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
lol.. isnt waterside cafe the place next to 'eat street' or is that waterfront.? waterfront has cover charge and all to get in.( i think its 800 bucks)
That is waterfront which is next to eat street. Awesome ambience but very very limited menu. Been there quite a few times.

Mon-Thu, there is a cover charge of Rs.350 per person. Weekends it's Rs.500 per person. IMO, ridiculous since its a proper restuarant and not a lounge bar or a pub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
This is waterfront at Taj Banjara next to Underdeck . 800 bucks for a buffet.
I think your wrong. AFAIK, Waterside cafe is in Taj Deccan erstwhile Holiday Inn Krishna.

Marriot has a sumptous kilometer long spread buffet for Rs.1100++ for thier sunday brunches. I know for a fact that other big metros have buffets priced until Rs.3000 per head
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:20   #596
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Mon-Thu, there is a cover charge of Rs.350 per person. Weekends it's Rs.500 per person. IMO, ridiculous since its a proper restuarant and not a lounge bar or a pub.
but wont you still end up paying that much( as you have mentioned above) anyways.

if you club all the shakes and food ,the bill would come 1000 bucks for 2 waise hi.what say
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:32   #597
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
but wont you still end up paying that much( as you have mentioned above) anyways.
Ofcourse, its an expensive place so the bill will naturally come to that. But, why bound people by this ridiculous rule. Don't they have sense that anybody who comes there will run up that much of a bill?

For the first time I went there with my mom and neera, i was giving order of starters and drinks. The waiter had the nerve to tell me this does not total up to Rs.1500. I lambasted him and gave a piece of my mind to the management and left the place in a huff !!!

I went there on other occasions for some beverages with some of my friends.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:38   #598
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
The waiter had the nerve to tell me this does not total up to Rs.1500. I lambasted him and gave a piece of my mind to the management and left the place in a huff !!!

.
hehehehe.arey pandeyji gussa kyu honne ka." thora khaane ka ,thora lake mein phekne ka" simple.hehehe(reminds me of jaane bhi do yaaron)

1500 vasul..

p.s: guys ,just kidding ,else someone will tell me "hyderabad is your city ,keep it clean"
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:16   #599
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Marriot has a sumptous kilometer long spread buffet for Rs.1100++ for thier sunday brunches. I know for a fact that other big metros have buffets priced until Rs.3000 per head
Bade Logaan , Badi Baatein
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 10:01   #600
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,190 Times
Default

Club 8, Kondapur served one of the best "Chilly Prawns" ever had this side of Goa.

Hyd TBHP CUG group last night devoured 6 plates of that dish, each at cost of Rs.140 !!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore Hatari Shifting gears 3598 18th August 2017 13:11
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1130 9th January 2017 10:20
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks