Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 13:20   #736
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
ani, where is this place?
Khairatabad Signal.. Right opposite to ICICI Bank!
Parking will be a problem during peak hours so, it would be better to park in the Lane of NASR School if you are not able to find space for parking in front of Tiwari brothers!

They make Hoy hot Jalebis on Sunday Mornings!
And I love the Corn on Toast! (You also get Thali's on Sunday's at this place)

There was a funny incident which happened at Tiwari sometime back..
A guy aged around 25 walks in and orders for Two Raj Kachoris. My friends & me see this and think that someone must be joining him since we know the size of Raj Kachori served at this place.
When he finally had both the plates on his table, the look on his face was PRICELESS! LOL!
Alas, he was not able to finish even half of one Raj Kachori!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 13:23   #737
BHPian
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Christchurch NZ
Posts: 130
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The fish is fresh and the prices reasonable.
Was that a red snapper retailing at Rs. 119.9 pkg? Thats a rip-off. You get it from the normal fish market for around Rs.80.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 13:24   #738
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Was that a red snapper retailing at Rs. 119.9 pkg? Thats a rip-off. You get it from the normal fish market for around Rs.80.
Rates for Chicken and Mutton are also a bit higher in Spar. Godrej Chicken used to be the best. Haven't been able to see them in the Supermarkets for sometime now. Any idea what happened?
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 13:40   #739
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,787
Thanked: 814 Times
Default

Guys..landed up at Nanking on Saturday night and had a bad experiance.
At first the parking was a huge problem,so i had to park my huge Toyota Corona next to the Police Cowki at the end of the road and walk up to Nanking.
The place was crowded like a fishmarket.
I ordered Veg American Chopsuey and it turns out to be a sour funny taste,the noobles smelling used oil.As a result i got food poisoned.
My wife ordered Ginger chicken and she was disappointed with the way chicken was cooked.
The crowd was too much to even call the manager and complain,the attenders were falling on us,due tojampacked crowd.
When we walked out,the road was blocked with people waiting to enter.Had to wade thru them.
Im still yet to recover from my illness....
Nanking was known for good food..but lesser spoken,that better now.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 13:50   #740
BHPian
 
DriverR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 317
Thanked: 146 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Guys..landed up at Nanking on Saturday night and had a bad experiance.

Nanking was known for good food..but lesser spoken,that better now.
Hmmmm. Sad that you had a bad experience. I stopped going to Nanking after I got a ticket from the cops for parking on the opposite side of the road. This was about 3-4 months back. Now, I know the chances of getting parking is impossible so I'm simply not going.
DriverR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 13:57   #741
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,787
Thanked: 814 Times
Default

Interestingly there was a new restaurant called something like Curry and Grill by Kwality's right next to Nanking which was practically empty and was inviting people to divert.from outside the ambience looked good.
I thought for second we should have gone there.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 14:07   #742
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,552
Thanked: 6,310 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Interestingly there was a new restaurant called something like Curry and Grill by Kwality's right next to Nanking which was practically empty and was inviting people to divert.from outside the ambience looked good.
I thought for second we should have gone there.
Hillram, next time do check out this very good restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Reshmi's

Another favorite haunt of mine. It is opposite to Nanking in Secunderabad. A very homely place and i am frequenting this place for over 2 years and have been experimenting with each of their dish on the menu and i am yet to complain.

It is run by a punjabi couple and has a lovely homely atmosphere to the resturant's ambience and the food is scrumptious to say the least.

My favorite dishes here are Chicken Drumsticks, Tandoori Chicken, Veg Cheese Balls, Reshmi Special chicken, Kheema Biryani.

Pricing is extremely reasonable and they range between Rs.90 to Rs.150 per dish

3.5/5
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 14:18   #743
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Khairatabad Signal.. Right opposite to ICICI Bank!
Parking will be a problem during peak hours so, it would be better to park in the Lane of NASR School if you are not able to find space for parking in front of Tiwari brothers!

They make Hoy hot Jalebis on Sunday Mornings!
And I love the Corn on Toast! (You also get Thali's on Sunday's at this place)
I love those hot jilebis they make on Sundays! Some people even like their ghee-made samosas, but I find them too darn heavy.
They make good rabdi too.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 15:11   #744
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,518
Thanked: 7,191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I love those hot jilebis they make on Sundays! Some people even like their ghee-made samosas, but I find them too darn heavy.
They make good rabdi too.
Tiwari Brothers makes their Samosas and Kachoris a.k.a Agrawala. Full of heavy garam masala unlike the regular potato filling. I don't like them a bit, as you rightly said too heavy and leaves a weird taste in your mouth.

A favorite place for Samosas,Kachoris and HUGE stuffed Mirchi's is a place on Minister road, next to Bowl-o-china on the same line. Even better landmark is it's right next to a wine shop.

Their mirchi's are to die for if you love those mammoth sized fully stuffed ones with nice pungent chutney. Give it a try next time your around, it used to be my parcel when we used to do 'carobar'
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 16:52   #745
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A favorite place for Samosas,Kachoris and HUGE stuffed Mirchi's is a place on Minister road, next to Bowl-o-china on the same line. Even better landmark is it's right next to a wine shop.

Their mirchi's are to die for if you love those mammoth sized fully stuffed ones with nice pungent chutney. Give it a try next time your around, it used to be my parcel when we used to do 'carobar'

Attaboy, that sure sounds good! Gotta go there this weekend. I normally go to PG road as my kids like paani puri there---and I like the kulfi for 10 bucks there.
I suppose you are referring to Bharini complex.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 16:55   #746
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,518
Thanked: 7,191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I suppose you are referring to Bharini complex.
Your the man ! It is indeed Bharani Complex
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 11:55   #747
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 203
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Hi Guys,

I need some help. One of my dutch colleagues is here next week. Please guide me to some decent joint around Madhapur /Jubilee hills for good Continental / European style food. He is going to stay in Ella Suites so places nearby will be the one I am looking for.
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 12:06   #748
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,552
Thanked: 6,310 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Hi Guys,

I need some help. One of my dutch colleagues is here next week. Please guide me to some decent joint around Madhapur /Jubilee hills for good Continental / European style food. He is going to stay in Ella Suites so places nearby will be the one I am looking for.


Little Italy.

Its a premium Veg restaurant.

Last edited by bblost : 14th July 2009 at 12:08.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 12:11   #749
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,518
Thanked: 7,191 Times
Default

You can try either of the following too which serve good continental food:-

F9, Kondapur
MGrill, near to Pride Honda in Jubilee Hills
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 12:50   #750
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 203
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

@bblost.. Thanks buddy, I almost forgot that restaurant. Is it a veg restaurant? I always believed that they serve non-veg also.
OT: What happened to Mary's little lamb? Biryani over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You can try either of the following too which serve good continental food:-

F9, Kondapur
MGrill, near to Pride Honda in Jubilee Hills
I know the MGrill, where is F9?

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 14th July 2009 at 13:02.
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore Hatari Shifting gears 3598 18th August 2017 13:11
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1130 9th January 2017 10:20
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks