Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 06:54   #1471
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default DineHill, Masab Tank

Last night KSM-Vtec (Kaushik) along with his colleague Dharam Pal (DP) were in town on their way back from Arunachal. Met up with them and as they wanted to taste Hyderabadi Biryani was looking for a place where we could sit down (it was already 11pm). We went into Dine Hill at Masab Tank as it was on the way to airport.
Items Ordered:
2 Mutton Biryani
1 Veg Biryani
3 cold drinks
1 bottle

Total Damage: Rs 450 (odd)
Verdict: The Mutton Biryani was good and the meat tender. I would definitely go there again for the food. Ambience is just about ok in the AC section on the first floor.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 14:11   #1472
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore/Gulbarga
Posts: 161
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Last night KSM-Vtec (Kaushik) along with his colleague Dharam Pal (DP) were in town on their way back from Arunachal. Met up with them and as they wanted to taste Hyderabadi Biryani was looking for a place where we could sit down (it was already 11pm). We went into Dine Hill at Masab Tank as it was on the way to airport.
Items Ordered:
2 Mutton Biryani
1 Veg Biryani
3 cold drinks
1 bottle

Total Damage: Rs 450 (odd)
Verdict: The Mutton Biryani was good and the meat tender. I would definitely go there again for the food. Ambience is just about ok in the AC section on the first floor.
Man you have missed their grilled chicken!
whitesquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 14:23   #1473
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Ani, Dinehill from outside looks completely unapproachable. I tried going there but the look from outside was a bit appalling.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 15:14   #1474
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Man you have missed their grilled chicken!
Will definitely try next time
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ani, Dinehill from outside looks completely unapproachable. I tried going there but the look from outside was a bit appalling.
Avi Bhai, I suggest you go in and try their Mutton Biryani and quantity and stuff, both are really good.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 12:48   #1475
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Last evening went to "Night Flight" at Himayathnagar and this time sat in their aeroplane section ( no smoking zone). Man, its simply awesome. you feel that your practically sitting in a Boeing 747. We took the Window seats

Ordered only snacks :-

Veg Kathi Rolls
Chicken Burra Kebab
Chilly Paneer
Charles Fish

I tell you, the food is awesome and perfectly suited to the palate of someone who likes spicy stuff. Expect for Chilly Paneer which was good. Rest were simply delicious.

Rajesh and Milecruncher, we need to check this place out together once.

Btw, been a while since went out for some chinese grub. Planning to go out today evening for a chinese meal.

Can someone suggest a good chinese joint ( want to try a new one)???

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th April 2010 at 12:49.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 14:12   #1476
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Had lunch at delight 9 @ nizampet cross road. We were 6 of us who had:-

Starters-

Gobi Manchurian -Nice
Pepper Chicken -Ok ( I still feel the one we had at hotel mayura in bidar has been the best pepper chicken i've had so far )
Chilly mushrooms - Did not find mushrooms anywhere ..

Main Course:

Kodi Iguru (My all time favourite andhra curry)
Some veg green dish which i was not interested in..

Clubbed with Nan and rotis.

Rating 2/5 ..

Thanks to the weather post lunch i felt like a tandoori chicken in my ride.so damn hot..
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 17:48   #1477
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 288
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

guys am new to hyd

Already done Paradise, Bawarchi & Hyderabad House Biryani's

Looking for some Spicy andhra thali /meals - the type served on banana leaf etc - any suggestions... ?
paharino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 18:03   #1478
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
guys am new to hyd

Already done Paradise, Bawarchi & Hyderabad House Biryani's

Looking for some Spicy andhra thali /meals - the type served on banana leaf etc - any suggestions... ?
Well, that traditional you wont find it anywhere in Hyderabad. It can be found in coastal areas.

But, if your looking for a typical andhra thali then go to Kakatiya Mess in Ameerpet, diagonally opposite to Chermas. I "think" they serve on a banana leaf and good taste of the food.

I visited them maybe 5 years ago. It was an experience

But, even now they are considered as the best andhra mess in hyderabad.

Warning : The ambience is absolutely the pits.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 18:15   #1479
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 288
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, that traditional you wont find it anywhere in Hyderabad. It can be found in coastal areas.

But, if your looking for a typical andhra thali then go to Kakatiya Mess in Ameerpet, diagonally opposite to Chermas. I "think" they serve on a banana leaf and good taste of the food.

I visited them maybe 5 years ago. It was an experience

But, even now they are considered as the best andhra mess in hyderabad.

Warning : The ambience is absolutely the pits.
OK - need decent ambience( not necessarily too plush etc)..wife & 7 months kid go along with me - can u suggest me a decent place to have decent andhra meals /thali then...
paharino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 06:39   #1480
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
OK - need decent ambience( not necessarily too plush etc)..wife & 7 months kid go along with me - can u suggest me a decent place to have decent andhra meals /thali then...
Try Southern Spice or Rayalseema Ruchulu
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 09:11   #1481
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
OK - need decent ambience( not necessarily too plush etc)..wife & 7 months kid go along with me - can u suggest me a decent place to have decent andhra meals /thali then...
I would recommend the following :-

1..Souther Spice, Rd No 3, Banjara Hills

Order their vegetarian thali and order their spicy telagana NV dishes

2.. Abhiruchi, Paradise Circle, Near to Parklane Crossroads

They do churn out an authentic andhra thali and try their Mutton Fry, superb. But, quantity will be too less.

Souther Spice, has better ambience of the two and is little expensive. I think their Thali is in Rs.150-Rs.200 Range

Abhiruchi has two sections, AC and Non-AC. AC section ambience is quite nice and well suitable for a family.

At both places, start your meal with mixing gun-powder with rice and lots of ghee poured on top of it


Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Try Southern Spice or Rayalseema Ruchulu
Not RR, i think they are good only with Jona roti and Kodi Iguru.


Last evening went out with family for a chinese meal to " Ohri's Ming Court, Basheerbagh, Even being a thursday it was packed to the brim.

We ordered the following :-

Veg Chilly Sticks ( Rs.170): Delicious
Red Chilly Fish ( Rs.240) : Nice but a bit bland for my palate
2 Thumbs Up and 1 Cold Beverage ( Rs. 290)
Fried Noodles in Schezwan Sauce ( Rs.170) : Very good
Chicken Fried Rice in Super Hot Schezwan Sauce ( Rs.150): Very Good
Date Pancakes with Ice Cream ( Rs.110) : They took 20 minutes to serve this but it was worth it. The pancakes were will filled with mince khubani. Superb !

Total Damages : ~ Rs.1350.

I forgot that MC ( Not our MC, meant Ming Court...LOL) has a big heart and serve large quantities. We had to carry quite a bit of above food back home. I will be forced to eat these leftovers for lunch today

Best part that i liked is Ming's court even now dont charge a service charge. Imagine, its like saving 12%-14% on your bill

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th April 2010 at 09:13.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 10:55   #1482
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Happened to meet Tirthankar Basu (Drivoblog king) yesterday evening @ cyber towers.Our man MC was busy with his manipal buddies at windows of the world ( put up the review mc ,that is if you did eat something)

Basu and me headed to the food court @ shamshabad airport ,there was this stall called 'street foods of india' where we ate :

Non Veg mini thali-OK
Mutton Seekh kebab ( pretty good)
Jaljeera (very nice)
Rasogulla - decent

All this clubbed with some pretty eye candies around (ground staff of the airlines)

If you have the urge for a short drive < 80km(to and fro ) with food ,this place is nice.

Total amount spend was under inr 400
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 11:00   #1483
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Our man MC was busy with his manipal buddies at windows of the world ( put up the review mc ,that is if you did eat something)
No dude we didn't eat anything. The place is too claustrophobic with too many mirrors around. I don't think I'll go there again
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 15:40   #1484
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore/Gulbarga
Posts: 161
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
No dude we didn't eat anything. The place is too claustrophobic with too many mirrors around. I don't think I'll go there again
And WoW has pathetic service!
whitesquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 16:36   #1485
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Been to WoW only once in my life. Its nothing but a glorified corporate canteen
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore Hatari Shifting gears 3606 22nd August 2017 09:03
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1130 9th January 2017 10:20
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks