Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 24th March 2005, 11:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Really bad news RX. Going by your description "He has scratched it real hard. May be with some pointed stuff like key" I don't see any other option but to paint those three parts.
Try to get a cover for your car. But car cover creates problem during monsoon. It doesn't allow water to dry normally. So you end up getting water patches all over the body.

Try to pay extra to your watchman so that he does that extra bit.
Better still, look for a covered parking. I know I'm sounding stupid but these are probably the only way.
Thanks Rudra for your tips. I already have a covered parking and watman sits in a small office opposite to my parking space. I am going to buy the cover, in fact, have asked for it from the dealer (had already checked in market. But getting a body cover for Petra is surprisingly difficult.) Let me see if the dealer can do some clever scratch correction.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2005, 12:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Thanks Rudra for your tips. I already have a covered parking and watman sits in a small office opposite to my parking space. I am going to buy the cover, in fact, have asked for it from the dealer (had already checked in market. But getting a body cover for Petra is surprisingly difficult.) Let me see if the dealer can do some clever scratch correction.

Tyvek from Dupont makes very good covers.it should cost you between 2-3k.
otherwise go for Polco.

http://www.polcoindia.com/index_inner.htm

dont buy those cheap covers from the accessory shops which are available for 400-500rs.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2005, 12:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Satya! Seems like you too, like Rudra, have lot of information on accessories :-)
Old 24th March 2005, 13:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

hehe,
noo u cannot compare me with Rudra,but yeah i have done some r&d on these things.as even i had similar problems with my car.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2005, 14:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

The scratches on my car are multiplying day by day. I just don't know where are they coming from. Recently noticed that someone has painstakingly scratched with pointed object on left fender. Not ones, not twice but multiple times. Real saddist, I guess. I am going to these scratches removed on first anniversary of car, but going by last six months experience, the scratches will reappear soon.

Anyway, all I can do is keep waxing the car regularly. It still makes it look shiny new.
Old 9th November 2005, 17:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

sometime back I had asked about video recorders, and Sam said it's available in HDD. why not fit one and leave it overnight to capture the images.

or get those remote security cams and record in ur PC.

advising you because in your case the culprit seems to be a regular visitor.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2005, 18:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
sometime back I had asked about video recorders, and Sam said it's available in HDD. why not fit one and leave it overnight to capture the images.
or get those remote security cams and record in ur PC.
advising you because in your case the culprit seems to be a regular visitor.
Nice options, but not practical for me. Moreover, I don't think it is always one person in particular, but it might be just carelessness of visitors coming to the building, small kids playing and scratching, housemaids/cleaners casually scratching while passing by and when parked in public place, some 2 wheeler squeezing past in tight parking lot. It can be anyone of these, but end result is growing number of scratches on the car.