Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 14:08   #1
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 451
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Chandigarh Hotels

Hi people

I would appreciate if somebody could suggest some decent hotels in Chandigarh ranging between Rs 1500-Rs2000 (excluding taxes) and also some car rental company as well.
Unfortunately it would an offical visit so just a single soul and no scope of sight seeing due to tight schedule.

thanks

amit
amitpunjani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 14:18   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,852
Thanked: 15,407 Times
Default

Try CITCO hotels
CITCO
Around 2000/night
Shivalik view
CITCO
but its more expensive at 3000+/night

Another option is the Hot Millions owned property near Ghaggar bridge , but it will be in the outskirts(20 minute drive to heart of city )

Last edited by tsk1979 : 16th September 2008 at 14:19.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 14:36   #3
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 451
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Hi Buddy

thanks for the links, been to there websites, looks decent. Any idea about some car rental?

amit
amitpunjani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 14:40   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,852
Thanked: 15,407 Times
Default

No longer stay in chandigarh, I guess the local guys will have more suggestions when it comes to taxi rentals. I think the going rate is around 8rs/km for AC indica
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 15:23   #5
BHPian
 
RuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

you could try the Hotel line (sector 35) that is about 5/7 mins from the Bus Stand and about 25mins from the Railway Station and the Airport..
Whenever I go to Chandigarh i prefer to stay in Hotel Monarch, which is also in sec 35 and about a year back they had room tarrifs of 1200/- with tax..so you could check on that or as i mentioned couple of hotels to choose from in SEC 35..with the budget you are looking for..
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 15:34   #6
BHPian
 
cyclops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 297
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

i'd stayed at this place called hotel sunbeam, at sector 23 if i remember correctly. its in similar budget.. and ask for a corporate discount of 10-20% it was a very decent place with a nice cafe.. and the bus stand is right opposite this place..
cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 17:13   #7
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 451
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
you could try the Hotel line (sector 35) that is about 5/7 mins from the Bus Stand and about 25mins from the Railway Station and the Airport..
Whenever I go to Chandigarh i prefer to stay in Hotel Monarch, which is also in sec 35 and about a year back they had room tarrifs of 1200/- with tax..so you could check on that or as i mentioned couple of hotels to choose from in SEC 35..with the budget you are looking for..
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
i'd stayed at this place called hotel sunbeam, at sector 23 if i remember correctly. its in similar budget.. and ask for a corporate discount of 10-20% it was a very decent place with a nice cafe.. and the bus stand is right opposite this place..

Thanks people for the replies. Its actually i would be visiting Sector 17, SAS Nagar, Lalru (District Mohali) and railway station. If you kindly tell me that how far are these places will be from Hotel Sunbeam in Sector 23.

Thanks

Amit
amitpunjani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 17:28   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,852
Thanked: 15,407 Times
Default

Parkview is in sector 24, which is a 10 minute drive from sec 17. You can easily get local bus from the bus stand.
Chd is very organized and sectors are arranged so that sum of opposite sectors is divisible by 13
So get a map, and you will be happy

Shivalik view(if within your budget) is ofcourse the best option, its located in sector 17

Lalhru is located on Ambala road(I think so) , and is quite a distance away from Chd. It comes after Dera Bassi

Railway station is also located in the outskirts.

So sector 17 is the best place as its central, bus stand is there and the main market is there
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 21:20   #9
BHPian
 
RuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Thanks people for the replies. Its actually i would be visiting Sector 17, SAS Nagar, Lalru (District Mohali) and railway station. If you kindly tell me that how far are these places will be from Hotel Sunbeam in Sector 23.

Thanks

Amit
amit looking at all the places that you would be visiting, sec 35 and the chain of hotels that you would get to choose from would be the best bet..Mohali, sec 17 and sas nagar would all be close to sec 35..
The best thing is Chandigarh is not like Delhi that it would take you forever to get from one place to the other..in the city in Chandigarh you could cover all this within a span of 20-25 mins max..
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 21:37   #10
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NA
Posts: 513
Thanked: Once
Default

Here you go:
Chandigarh Hotel- sector 22c- ph.0172-2703690, 800/-daily,
City heart- 17c, 5079935,
Corporate inn- 17A, 5003006-07,
Jalandhar hotel- 22b, 2701121, 1300/- daily,
Maya-35b, 2600547-53, 2000/-,
President- 26c, 27911731, 1900/-,
Aroma- 22c, 2700047-48, 1800/-,
Mountview- sector10, 2740544 expensive,
Shivalik view- 17c - 270000, 3600/-
Park view- 24c , 27000050,
Taj- 5star- sec9, 6613000.

Sufficient or need more!
bhp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 21:47   #11
BHPian
 
RuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Here you go:
Chandigarh Hotel- sector 22c- ph.0172-2703690, 800/-daily,
City heart- 17c, 5079935,
Corporate inn- 17A, 5003006-07,
Jalandhar hotel- 22b, 2701121, 1300/- daily,
Maya-35b, 2600547-53, 2000/-,
President- 26c, 27911731, 1900/-,
Aroma- 22c, 2700047-48, 1800/-,
Mountview- sector10, 2740544 expensive,
Shivalik view- 17c - 270000, 3600/-
Park view- 24c , 27000050,
Taj- 5star- sec9, 6613000.

Sufficient or need more!
22 bhp1 changa info deta..
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 08:39   #12
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 451
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Hi people

Firslty i would like to thank you all for providing me the necessary information. I am glad to see the amount of replies have poured in less than 24 hours. I am planning a two day trip some time next week and will surely update the my experience.

Team-Bhpian's rock

thanks ones again

amit
amitpunjani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 12:08   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
chiragh_bir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In front of you :P
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

there are so many in sector 35 and sector 22..

some of them are Maya Palace (35), Piccadily ( 22), Capatin Retreat (35).

take a round in sector 35 lane and pick whichever you like
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 23:54   #14
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NA
Posts: 513
Thanked: Once
Default

@Ruffrider, kedi gal ya bai! At your service, tu vi Punjabi lagda e!
@Amit, 2 days are nothing, one can stay anywhere.
Remember one basic thing in Chandigarh, all roads run parallel, so there's extremely rare chance of getting lost. Get on to Madhya marg & you won't need a map!
bhp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 00:09   #15
BHPian
 
RuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
@Ruffrider, kedi gal ya bai! At your service, tu vi Punjabi lagda e!
@Amit, 2 days are nothing, one can stay anywhere.
Remember one basic thing in Chandigarh, all roads run parallel, so there's extremely rare chance of getting lost. Get on to Madhya marg & you won't need a map!
agree...2days one can even stay at Dadu Majra or Dhanas...
Bhp1 can arrange for the accomodation there..

na @ Bhp1 iam from Leh..was in chandigarh for sometime..visit chandi once every year to visit my frnds/gheri...lol
hor Bhp1 22 koi nai taajee...sare chandigarh de toot ki karde ne???

Last edited by RuffRyder : 18th September 2008 at 00:12.
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chandigarh - Mumbai - Chandigarh : Route Queries ankit_chd Route / Travel Queries 30 6th December 2015 11:46
Hotels on the Go! - Objective Review of Hotels for those who travel by Road Tempelhof Route / Travel Queries 1 12th October 2009 00:13
Chandigarh-Dehradun-Chandigarh YC.BALENO.CHD Travelogues 2 25th May 2009 02:32
Anyone In The Taj Group Of Hotels? v1p3r Shifting gears 4 1st January 2006 22:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks