Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 22nd March 2005, 13:08   #1
BHPian

Default diesel indica

hey,i have an diesel indica 99 which has covered a little more then 100000kms...it gives FE of about 14 with ac..it has started giving problems,it gets heated up very fast and shuts down,i attached an extra fan connecting the ac since it is on all the time but is still not helping,any advice as wat i can do or should i just sell it off which i m not very keen upon,please help guys

Note from the Admin : The marketplace section is for buy and sell transactions. If you are yet "thinking" about selling your car, or have a technical problem...PLEASE POST IN THE RELEVANT SECTION OF THIS BOARD
vandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 13:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dude

If you've done a 100,000 kms at about 14 kmpl, it has paid back on its original investment.

A Tata service outlet would give you a better assessment on the vehicles condition than we could virtually, but if the damage is anything more than trivial it may not be worth maintaining it any further. Basically you need to weigh the cost (immediate and potential) against the benefits of hanging on to it.

If you still like the car, get yourself a new V2 which looks better and I'm sure is a whole lot more reliable than your '99 model.

Cheers

Steer
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 14:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a problem with the cooling system...get all the lines checked for leakages...add coolant if necessary...check the radiator for blockages.
Make sure you add the proper ratio of coolant and water.

Drifter
drifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 19:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Also check the clip on the hose which comes out of the coolant reservoir. My v2 was loosing a lot of coolant that way. If thats the case...then dont get the clip tightened, but get it replaced, because sooner or later it will come loose again and trouble you.

Drifter
drifter is online now   Reply With Quote