Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 20th September 2008, 10:43   #16
Team-BHP Support

I didnt know that Deb. But, all of them seem far from where i stay. I have the Big Flix outlet few hundred meters from my home.

Let me check them out today, will post a feedback soon.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 18:36   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Have you checked out SeventyMM? They are older than BigFlix and are based on the same concept. Rates and T&C is also similar I believe. SeventyMM is stationed in the ICICI building in Madhapur, just outside Barista.
Don't know about bigflix but my sister uses 70MM and only speaks highly of their service.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 20:01   #18
F50
Senior - BHPian

Dippy uses Big Flix and he very well likes it.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 10:02   #19
Team-BHP Support

Guys, went to the reliance webworld and immediately signed up for an annum for just Rs.1800. That works out to 5 bucks a day, which is a steal considering the DVD's are all original ones. All other options didnt seem to VFM to me.

And, contrary to someone's statement on this thread, their English collection is actually quite nice. Though it is the standard well known movies and some of them i didnt expect to find are also there which was a pleasant surprise.

They are adding movies rapidly and their tip was what you dont see in the store, just do a quick search on their website and you may find it there.

Now, i have a lot of catching up on movies to do leaning back on the sofa with a popcorn and minute-maid in the hand, Going to watch my first movie from "Bigflix" today, starting with my favorite genre ( Horror) and the movie is " The Hills have Eyes"
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:12   #20
bhp
BHPian

i got myself 6 months membership at bigflix for just 950 /- rs after a 40% discount on icici bank card..

i think their membership is worth and the service for pick up/drop is very efficient and regular.
bhp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

I have their monthly membership. I am very happy with them. All original DVDs and quite a huge collection in a tiny shop. With new movies around, you actually realize you havent watched quite a bunch of movies when you walk into the store. Hadnt watched Madagascar and it was a laugh riot. All the movies are well categorized too.

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd September 2008 at 18:19.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:25   #22
Team-BHP Support

@BHP and Dippy, thanks for your inputs. I agree with you completely even if i am brand new to this system.

Can we use this thread to discuss the good movies that are available via. BIGLFLIX so that it will help us members to pick the right movies for our enjoyment?

Please keep the views on which movies are good pouring in on this thread!
Old 24th September 2008, 11:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
They even offer a lounge-on-rent funda for those times when you wish to entertain a few of your friends etc to a personal theater experience.
Now, that is interesting. How does this work and what is the damage (in INR, of course)?
Su-47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 18:09   #24
Team-BHP Support

Anyone in Delhi using BigFlix ?

How efficient is their doorstep delivery ? Also, on request, can they leave the DVD with the security guard of the society ?
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 18:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Anyone in Delhi using BigFlix ?

How efficient is their doorstep delivery ? Also, on request, can they leave the DVD with the security guard of the society ?
I would suggest you to try moviemart instead, much better service.
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 10:18   #26
BHPian

I've been using this site Catchflix.com for quite some time,if anyone can write a review on any movie you get a free dvd rental.Have written upto 5 reviews at a time and gotten all 5 free Pickup and drop is efficient also.

Last edited by maverick030581 : 31st December 2008 at 10:20.
maverick030581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 11:14   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I would suggest you to try moviemart instead, much better service.
How good is their movie collection ? I recall it not being that great compared to BigFlix. Will check it again.

Quote:
I've been using this site Catchflix.com for quite some time,if anyone can write a review on any movie you get a free dvd rental.Have written upto 5 reviews at a time and gotten all 5 free Pickup and drop is efficient also.
This looks good but slightly expensive if you want to rent more than 5-6 movies a month.

Any BigFlix users ?
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 11:54   #28
BHPian

Waiting for feedback from fellow users as to which is the best movie rental company in Delhi.
WanderNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 11:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Have subscribed to BigFlix for a month. Their delivery system is quite good. But they always delivered movies in the middle of my preferred list. They never delivered the ones from the top of my list.

The quality of the DVDs is also worse. Atleast 5 DVD didn't play for me because of the scratches on them.

I would prefer to go to Cinema Paradiso.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 12:01   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Have subscribed to BigFlix for a month. Their delivery system is quite good. But they always delivered movies in the middle of my preferred list. They never delivered the ones from the top of my list.

The quality of the DVDs is also worse. Atleast 5 DVD didn't play for me because of the scratches on them.

I would prefer to go to Cinema Paradiso.
That is strange I have never had any problems with the dvd quality.
plus I generally rent out older movies so have only once received the second in the list movie.

Only issue was when they gave me Bridges of Madison County in Spanish.

I love the current 40% or is it 50% off on icici credit cards.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote