Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 8th October 2008, 22:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Gran Turismo 4 - Mission Hall - Mission 34

After 2 broken Ps2 and now a borrowed Ps2 from Nitroxx ohh and 4years of playing mainly GRAN TURISMO 4 i am still to pass the Dreaded MISSION 34 in GT mode Mission hall.

Yes the broken ps2 are from anger and frustration of different levels of GT4. Now after a LONG and some short breaks ive finally got down to religiously playing gt4 again to complete MISSION 34. Did try this Mission a few years ago about 5 times and then gave up. NOw iam here again and need to complete it.

Has anyone completed this mission..??? The best ive done is 9.20.*** some 15 odd seconds behind the 300sl. 3rd position.

Any tips on how to pass this mission.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 00:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yeah ive done it. My time was 9'12.129.

You need to plan where you overtake all the cars. If you find that you're gonna catch a slow car at a corner, ease off a bit. No point getting stuck behind a slower car, you'd be better off reaching the corner a lil later and then overtaking him on the exit.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 01:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Yeah ive done it. My time was 9'12.129.

You need to plan where you overtake all the cars. If you find that you're gonna catch a slow car at a corner, ease off a bit. No point getting stuck behind a slower car, you'd be better off reaching the corner a lil later and then overtaking him on the exit.

Shan2nu

Ahhh. Just saw a video on Youtube these guys cut the corners and use a little more of the track too. On three corners. Also riding the wall on 2 corners. Now with this is looks like it could be done.

People on gtplanet mentioned also that using a little more (GRASS)

In case you aren't grass-cutting (yet), i recommend it. Dont' feel bad, like you're cheating or something...i started M34 the "right" way, but after 2 days of +8 seconds behind, one smashed dual-shock, an unidentified creak in my brand new controller (from twisting it between both hands) and deadened sensation in my thumbs, i swallowed my pride and started grass-cutting in the 3 areas most others have done it.

Now having tried these steps, it looks more possible.Its very necessary to learn the track first, inorder to do this mission. Have got it right till about the first sand Pit just before the second Marker. +1.41.***
Still getting to know the section of the track after that High speed uphill climb.

I Guess with a few more tries i should be able to make it. Overtaking traffic isnt a problem though.

T1 1:49.647 Grasscut Hatzenbach, good no-curb launch from Hocheichen.
T2 1:40.839
T3 1:32.026 Grasscut Adenauer Forst.
T4 1:19.736 Ran wide, scraped fence after Miss-Hit-Miss, but pressed on.
T5 1:06.239 Good launch over Exmuhle, wallride Bergwerk.
T6 54.804 Wallride at Mutkurve, but did it poorly.
T7 38.761 Passed SL 65 entering wallride at Karussell, grasscut Hohe Acht and overshot pavement, used lucky wallride escape. What a hamfist!
T8 31.416 Passed the SL500 after Brunnchen.
T9 25.211 Took a slight grass detour after Pflanzgarten II, but pressed on.
T10 14.007 Passed the 190 E coming off Galgenkopf.
T11 5.596 Realizing what was possible, now kept it neat and tidy. Took the Kompressor going into Tiergarten.

Last edited by danlalan : 9th October 2008 at 01:57.
Old 9th October 2008, 02:54   #4
BHPian

Dan I want my Ps2 back now! Especially after what you've said about the other 2..LOL! Please watch over this one...or else.
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 12:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ahhh. Just saw a video on Youtube these guys cut the corners and use a little more of the track too. On three corners. Also riding the wall on 2 corners. Now with this is looks like it could be done.
Well you dont need to ride walls to do it. And as for the cutting corners, you're not really doing it as long as 2 wheels are on the tarmac side of the white line. So use as much grass as possible.

Another trick is to slot the outer wheels between the rumble strips and the grass, this makes the cars corner like they're on rails.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 9th October 2008 at 12:41.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 18:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Dan I want my Ps2 back now! Especially after what you've said about the other 2..LOL! Please watch over this one...or else.
Ummm was getting a bit frustrated with this misson 34. So ummm might have just smashed something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Well you dont need to ride walls to do it. And as for the cutting corners, you're not really doing it as long as 2 wheels are on the tarmac side of the white line. So use as much grass as possible.

Another trick is to slot the outer wheels between the rumble strips and the grass, this makes the cars corner like they're on rails.

Shan2nu
I use the rumble strips but only on slow corners. On fast corners its difficult to handle.