Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 19:06   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,562
Thanked: 80,413 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Is the reverse OK?? just a thought.
Depends. Think about it : How many employees call ex-employees of a company (they intend to join) for opinions? Hardly. On the other hand, how many employers call ex-employers for comments (on a candidate they intend to hire)?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 19:18   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,569
Thanked: 230 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Depends. Think about it : How many employees call ex-employees of a company (they intend to join) for opinions? Hardly. On the other hand, how many employers call ex-employers for comments (on a candidate they intend to hire)?
Employers calling ex-employers is now a mandatory requirement of all Tier 2 or higher IT companies. My company has an Audit on the Background check process and auditors take any irregularities in the process seriously and raise issues on the same.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 23:11   #18
BHPian
 
maxj2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cary NC USA
Posts: 112
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

What technology does ur friend works in?

Can you PM me his resume?
maxj2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2008, 09:44   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,562
Thanked: 80,413 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Employers calling ex-employers is now a mandatory requirement of all Tier 2 or higher IT companies. My company has an Audit on the Background check process and auditors take any irregularities in the process seriously and raise issues on the same.
Tier 2 IT companies? My small 30 member company does it too
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2008, 11:26   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
spadival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

I have a feeling that your friend's company avoided making PF contributions on the first year. That's probably the reason why they want to avoid trouble by not providing an experience letter for that year.

In this case, the only documentary evidence that your friend has, are the bank statements showing the "Salary" deposits. If you can prove that the deposits came from your employer's account, that should be sufficient to prove your friend's innocence.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 22:29   #21
BHPian
 
mmmjgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: BOM, PNQ, DXB
Posts: 398
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I have a feeling that your friend's company avoided making PF contributions on the first year. That's probably the reason why they want to avoid trouble by not providing an experience letter for that year.

In this case, the only documentary evidence that your friend has, are the bank statements showing the "Salary" deposits. If you can prove that the deposits came from your employer's account, that should be sufficient to prove your friend's innocence.
Deducting PF & not paying it into the Provident Fund accounts managed by the PF commissioner is a criminal offence.

Please take note of the above, and sir(original poster) , this is not to give you ideas to send or complain to the police but to enlighten you that the company would not have deducted PF in this particular case.

Cheers

M M
mmmjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 23:54   #22
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default

Instead of breaking head so much, its better he finds another decent job or try retaining his existing job.

After he has a job, he can go about doing the damage control.

There is no dearth of opportunities in a city like Bengaluru.

Ask your friend to cheer up.

There's always light at the end of the tunnel.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Handle bar change for Pulsar 150 cruiser_1982 Motorbikes 4 6th December 2009 21:20
How to Handle the whole situation "Accidented i10" somebodystopme Indian Car Loans & Insurance 5 18th July 2009 09:17
handle change of cbz nawabnabeel Motorbikes 1 9th June 2008 09:28
orvm and door handle painting binz Modifications & Accessories 1 27th August 2006 01:02
the bearing used in handle bar of bikes vivekiny2k Technical Stuff 4 14th December 2005 10:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks