| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|18th October 2008, 11:57||#31|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2007
Thanked: 216 Times
|18th October 2008, 12:03||#32|
Join Date: May 2007
Thanked: 16 Times
One more small learning from here.
Before Give your car to Driver you should know his driving sense. Is he a traffic follower/ violator. Is he has enough knowledge of driving. If he is not then please educate. Ultimately he is going to drive your car with your own family.
|18th October 2008, 12:24||#33|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2007
Thanked: 135 Times
My responses to your views:
1. Never use - Mobile phones while driving, even with handsfree, bcoz it surely disturbs the safety of you, as well as those near you. pull up, or just attend the call, and then drive. (we had no cellphones before 2000, but still we lived that century, folks)
How much practical is this? I under if you say that one should not try all that jugglery of trying to find a number or trying to sms while driving, but saying even hands-free is bad, is something that I do not agree. If talking to someone is going to disturb your concentration, then so will talking to your co-passengers, listening to music, all the horns sound and blaring around you and what not!
I would suggest safe and sensible usage of phone. Use speed dials for calls that needs to be made while on road, else stop and then dial. Do not let your eyes of the road to look that the phone screen.
If one is going to have a serious, thought evoking talk, then its time to park and talk. But not for "I will be there in 10 minutes" kind of talk (aka, small chit chats).
2. never break the rules, except in life&death situations, emergencies.
Absolutely with you on this. Exception are meant that, exceptions!
3. always control your road rage, let us be the first to forgive, let us give a chance to other road users to get ashamed of the road rage behavior.
Something that is hard to follow and very easy to preach (even I am guilty of this). But one that, when said again and again, might get thru some think skulled heads like mine! I have found myself trying to follow this but after a certain point of pushing, I am guilty as charged! But I am certainly making progress.
4. stop publishing the partying photos of tbhp meets, with bottles,cigars - as this makes a general image that a tbhp meet is not a social meet, but a drunkards meet, which should not become true.
Mmmm... I am sure that since when we meet we tend to socialize, there will some boozing and smoking. We usually have an equal number of non-smokers / non-drinkers in these meets. But I am sure there will be no place where we would have enouraged drinking and then driving. Most of the drinking shots will be for overnight stops or the person drinking will not be driving.
5. please abstain from any adult or sarcastic criticisms, as tbhp has a very decent matured image amonsgst our indian NRI's who see us, a tbhp member as a respected man.
The up's and down's of an open forum. But I am sure that you will agree that the MOD's are doing a mighty good job of keeping T-BHP a great place.
6. finally, if i had talked too much, please forgive me, i bow my apologies, to all tbhp members, if i had hurt any of your feelings, sentiments.
Same here. First, apologies to you Shekaran, if you feel that I am trying to get into an argument or trying to shoot you down. I am not. Just putting my views across. So, if anyone has a counter point, please put it across. That is what we are here for, arent we, to discuss each of our views.
|18th October 2008, 12:29||#34|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanked: 5 Times
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Think Safety , Think Abs !!!||Beemer||Street Experiences||73||28th November 2016 19:00|
|Think Volvo Buses, think safety? Think again!||rahul_intlad||Commercial Vehicles||89||14th April 2016 12:09|
|Think Hyundai cars are slow? Think again.||drifter||The International Automotive Scene||3||27th September 2005 17:00|
|Think your a driving game/sim freak? Think Again..||Pferdestärke||Shifting gears||10||25th June 2004 00:15|