Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 22nd October 2008, 10:11   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi jkdas,

> We have one tomorrow thanks to BJP (I donno for why!)

It is irony! The harthal is for the delay in establishing a high court bench in TVM.

well, the thank the UDF too! And until a couple of days ago, even the communists were part of it. Then they decided not to have 'shared' glory!

@clevermax: ciao! (Could it be 'See you')?
We will provide then a bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
This just means that the LDF can have a separate day for harthal. Who says they dont

@johnda, you can use the channel to let the TVM guys know when you are in TVM
srijit ! please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
You guys at VKM's company needs to learn Japanese ?.I thought only we had to go through that "nan desu ka" stuff!!!!.

Nippon Cargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Nope, I learnt it when I was in NeST in year 2000...!
That was nice. Guess you guys were in the same Jap class at NeST.
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:15   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
That was nice. Guess you guys were in the same Jap class at NeST.
well, we were in same class, and staying in same house for around 4 years.... Good old days....
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
well, we were in same class, and staying in same house for around 4 years.... Good old days....
And we had an interesting but stupid house name for that house... "Nihon go no Benkyo". It means Study of japanese language...

Old 23rd October 2008, 11:13   #49
BHPian

Note from the support team: Post deleted.

No personal attacks on any member will be entertained. This includes any direct / indirect attempt at trolling. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment will be dealt with severely.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd October 2008 at 12:24.
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
Hey Sunil! Great move I say! Nothing like home . B'lore PUG will miss you . Planning to change your registration?
I see someone else missing home do i see someone moving to Mangalore sometime soon it the future? hehe
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Five years in Bangalore and I could not take it any longer. So last month I said good bye to the city and with that, I parted with all that dust, roads either filled with potholes or humps infested by Indicabs, all that mad traffic, pathetic quality of life and many more undesirable things.
Can you please explain this "...pathetic quality of life and many more undesirable things...". Its not fair on your part to disgrace our city like this. Not fair.

This is what happens. People take advantage of large-heartedness of Kannadigas. Then leave the city by disgracing it just because they got some opportunity in their hometown. If there is one city in India where any Indian can survive, its Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
e Been here in Bengaluru for 30 yrs great city to be in. Nothing else will do. Great weather, Great Food, Great people-multilingual. Great alls man.
Thats the spirit.
ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಗೆಲ್ಗೆ. Long live Karnataka

P.S. If anyone found my post offensive, I'm sorry. I too found the original posters post offensive.
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

We all know why Bangalore is in pathetic state don't we? the excess population which is flowing in to this city and it(Bangalore) is not able to bear it!

And this will be the same fate to any other city if it grows at this rate!

I think its high time that other states/cities pick some pace up so that the burden on Bangalore goes down...

Today all are doing the blame game....but the real culprits are we...the people this place was a heaven until it got exploited from all end...

Everyone are responsible for this mess....!

So cribbing wont get any solution, either work towards a solution or say bye bye

Last edited by lohithrao : 23rd October 2008 at 23:06.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:03   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

Originally Posted by clevermax
Five years in Bangalore and I could not take it any longer. So last month I said good bye to the city and with that, I parted with all that dust, roads either filled with potholes or humps infested by Indicabs, all that mad traffic, pathetic quality of life and many more undesirable things.

We all know why Bangalore is in pathetic state don't we? the excess population which is flowing in to this city and it(Bangalore) is not able to bear it!

I think its high time that other states/cities pick some pace up so that the burden on Bangalore goes down...

Today all are doing the blame game....but the real culprits are we...the people this place was a heaven until it got exploited from all end...

Everyone are responsible for this mess....!

So cribbing wont get any solution, either work towards a solution or say bye bye
Benguluru Boys, this is what we get for being so kindhearted and welcoming. Lets take it all in our stride.

Its just one passing comment. Let someone get away from it.

How come such derogatory thread was allowed if none can comment on it in the same fashion. What say mods

Boys we are like that only. I see more KL , TN, AP, MP,JK,JH .... and what not registration here in Bengaluru. This none can comment on since no states are so cosmo culture than the ever lovely Bengaluru.

Good... someone's decided to leave the best town in the country. Lets bid him goodbye the same way he was welcomed..

Clevermax. We must award you with the highest honour for withstanding the City for 5 i mean FIVE long years. Is'nt it the other way round.

O K Finally

Bye.... Bye... Sayonara.. and finally ciao., should Bengaluru say Good riddance
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note from the support team: Post deleted.

No personal attacks on any member will be entertained. This includes any direct / indirect attempt at trolling. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment will be dealt with severely.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods: Please Lets have this kind of threads closed and locked. Anyone can start a interstate conflicts with such kind of threads. and we Bengalurions certainly will not take this in such spirits. Lets allow only T-BHP kind of thread here, this is a direct discriminating and derogatory comment made on a particular city. Why not deal with the thread starter severly.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 23rd October 2008 at 23:17.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

Um, i dont think he was attacking bangalore as such, just what it has become. If you bothered to read it carefully enough , he was just attempting to find a solution to ease the pressure on bangalore.

The first time i came to bangalore in 94, I was delighted, but dad was telling me that the city had picked up its pace from the early eighties when he used to be a regular traveller there.

14 years down the line , even I agree. the city is bursting at it seams. I feel it's grown too fast. at the end of our training, we were asked to choose our cities for posting. most of my friends chose mangalore , mysore, bangalore pune etc. I was the lone one who chose to head home.

2 years down the line, the folks at mangalore and mysore are more or less content. its the people who ended up in bangalore who ( like clevermax) have had enough and want to come back home.

Even my relatives who have settled there say they resent the way it has become. No one here hates bangalore as such. We just want it to be the way it used to be.

I guess its a personal thing. To use a bad analogy, you have an OHC. you treat it with kid gloves and the car never lets you down( the OHC is a gem, i doubt anyone would disagree) , but sadly, due to circumstances beyond your control, you have to sell it , and the buyer mods the heck out of it ( both visual and performance). Sure the car looks and performs better, but you would rather it remained the way it used to be.

Its something you feel when you really love something, though others might percieve it as hate, as is evident here

Last edited by greenhorn : 23rd October 2008 at 23:41.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:47   #55
Senior - BHPian

Honestly I wouldn't take what clevermax mentioned in good spirits.

Quote:
Dude this very city gave you your bread for 5 years. Being a mallu and having lived all my life here , I give complete merit to this city and its people.

If the quality of life was pathetic here , who even asked you to stay put for 5 years ?

You and I and everyone else knows what is the cause for " dust, roads either filled with potholes or humps infested by Indicabs, all that mad traffic, pathetic quality of life and many more undesirable things " . I don't want to quote reasons and start a fight here.

I think you ought to take back what you said.

Dude's from Bengalooru , no matter what we still stand tall and lets not get deterred by such baseless statements. They come and they go, how does it matter ?
This still will remain our beautiful city.
Closed Thread