Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 31st October 2008, 07:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Encroachments - Will Bangalore be saved?

Look at encroachments: HC to govt -Bangalore-Cities-The Times of India

Quote:
the poor cannot be called encroachers because their holdings do not exceed a few rupees. All encroachments are done by rich people who build multi-storeyed buildings
Perfect statement. Now lets see how Bangy govt reacts to this. Hope we get a better roads atleast in next decade. cheers:
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 12:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

This is a problem all over India.
In my case 18 mtr road is yet to be built because some locals had done encroachment and used their influence to stop the municipal people from removing their encroachment. I know this because one of those happen to be my ex-friend.
There are many cases in my city specially in my area where people have built large houses on large plots and despite having space inside they plant trees outside their compound ( generally herbs ) and then put metal grille and now they park their cars/two-wheelers after the grille. This eats up space. If you go and argue, the reply will be my relative is in Police, I know this man, etc.

And those notice are nothing, they just cant to anything. I sometime believe that just to prevent the very few good people raising their voice, the HC just gives one notice and its all but over. The unfortunate good people trust these notice and in the end we will end up repairing the suspension more.

Till the basic thinking level of Indian people begin to improve, this problem is going to remain. Its matter or high moral thinking and the day we have it, problems will be solved.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 18:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Land encroachments are a big pain. In places where agriculture is involved it is very rampant.
Here is an example. Imagine a plot of land which is a mere 10acres. Person A has covered up 4.5 acres and goes for registering and does so for 5 acres. Person B has the same area and registers his prop for 5 acres as the extra half will get both of them benefits for loans and other sops. Now when person C who owns the remaining 1 acre goes for registering this land he gets nothing as there cannot be a registry for land which on paper does not exist.
Wow and finally this guy has to run pillar and post his entire life as he cannot use force as he owns a small piece while the rest are big landowners. Great!! The land cases in courts get sorted out after the person who has filed it has expired usually.
This is more so rampant where cultivation is done on lands belonging to govt which is called Pysaari land which is supp to be distributed to the landless.

Well all these are true examples though.
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote