Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 5th November 2008, 09:05   #1
BHPian

Default auto car india mag- subscription woes

hi all
i have been a loyal subscriber for AUTO CAR INDIA mag ever since it was launched ( 9 + years ,ithink). each time renewing my subscription for three years as the cost per issue would be lowest compared to one year or two years and also the mag promises attractive free gifts like scale model car or a RC car etc. however till now ( three renewals of three years each) i have not received any free gifts and also mags are not being delivered regularily. every year i miss atleast three to four issues. i have kept each and every issue in my car garage to brouse on sundays.so a few weeks back, i emailed to the subscription dept about non receipt of free gifts and also about missing magazines. no reply . again sent one more mail this time with a note that i shall move to the consumer forum.
next day one Mr anil repplid saying the missing mags will be sent by courier. however nothing has happened till now. what should i do now? i feel im short changed. thnks and regards to all bhpians for suggestions.

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words, use proper capitalization and re-read your post for typos before submitting. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th November 2008 at 13:18. Reason: Please see note in post.
nutmello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 13:20   #2
Team-BHP Support

Nutmello,

It was nice of Mr Anil to offer to courier you the missing magazines.
However wheels turn slowly at most offices (even car magazines!) so continue to follow it up for a little more time. Over the phone if possible.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 13:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmello View Post
hi all
i have been a loyal subscriber for AUTO CAR INDIA mag ever since it was launched ( 9 + years ,ithink). each time renewing my subscription for three years as the cost per issue would be lowest compared to one year or two years and also the mag promises attractive free gifts like scale model car or a RC car etc. however till now ( three renewals of three years each) i have not received any free gifts and also mags are not being delivered regularily. every year i miss atleast three to four issues. i have kept each and every issue in my car garage to brouse on sundays.so a few weeks back, i emailed to the subscription dept about non receipt of free gifts and also about missing magazines. no reply . again sent one more mail this time with a note that i shall move to the consumer forum.
next day one Mr anil repplid saying the missing mags will be sent by courier. however nothing has happened till now. what should i do now? i feel im short changed. thnks and regards to all bhpians for suggestions.

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words, use proper capitalization and re-read your post for typos before submitting. Thanks.
@nutmello: I too am a ACI subscriber for the past 3 years (though i renew it every year! ). Once i didnt receive my August edition of the mag, so I mailed them about it and they immediately acknowledge my mail and sent me another copy. After few days i realized that i had actually receive the original copy which my mom had kept in a shelf!!!

Gift was not an issue as-well, i received a scale model both the time.

Actually this impressed me the most: The ACI magazine every month features 1 year before and 5 year before edition as a small column. In one particular edition (5 years old) i noticed that Ford Ikon (Sxi) was compated with fiat Petra & Opel corsa as main story. I sent a mail to them asking a copy of that 5 year old edition and they promptly delivered it without any additional charge.

I hope that what you experience is a one-off incident!
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 17:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

I too was an Autocar India subscriber before I joined team-bhp.
Never had any delivery problems although I had major problems with Overdrive deliveries.

Nutmello, you'll get the free gifts only if you had availed the free-gift scheme using the free-gift form.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 18:20   #5
BANNED

@Nutmello, ACI have their own online forum, you can post your queries there, I think you would get answers directly from the bosses at ACI.
bhp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 22:52   #6
BHPian

The last time when I renewed my subscription I waited for about 6 weeks for the gift and then emailed them once they apologized and sent them soon.

My best experience was with TopGear where in all the magazines reach at correct time with correct Encl; postal rules forbid Autocar to sent any freebies so I miss most of the DVDs and booklets from Autocar
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 13:15   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

It was nice of Mr Anil to offer to courier you the missing magazines.
They aren't really doing him a favor by giving him magazines that he has already paid for via his subscription.

I have always contemplated subscribing to ACI & Overdrive but I read such feedback here from time to time and prefer buying it at the vendors on the 26-28th of each month instead of waiting for the courier to take it's own sweet time.

What date do most Mumbaikars get their ACI & Overdrive delivered?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 19:43   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
They aren't really doing him a favor by giving him magazines that he has already paid for via his subscription....
Surely ACI has huge piles of surplus magazines, and they figure sending one out for free will prevent a subscriber from ditching them the next year - but its rare for a company to do something like that without asking any Qs or for paperwork etc. (especially since its probably the couriers fault the mag didnt turn up! -- and even in cases where the mag actually did show up!)

cya
R

PS - yeah i prefer buying it on the 26-28th on the road as well, if and when i do.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th November 2008 at 19:44.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 20:18   #9
BHPian

I will never subscribe! Period. Cant wait to get my hands on all the Car Magazines hence just buy them from the shop directly.

Don't know if you guys have noticed, but off late all magazines seem to carry the same articles. Hence now decided to just buy 1-2 rather than all of them.
Prithvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 23:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
I will never subscribe! Period. Cant wait to get my hands on all the Car Magazines hence just buy them from the shop directly.

Don't know if you guys have noticed, but off late all magazines seem to carry the same articles. Hence now decided to just buy 1-2 rather than all of them.

Yeah I too have noticed that most of them give similar feed back have same likes and dislikes. They just twist the tone and say the same things but little bit different nothing is new in any one of them.
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 16:11   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
.... PS - yeah i prefer buying it on the 26-28th on the road as well, if and when i do.
Completely agree with Rehaan & Prithvi on this. I buy them around 29th types. And the similarity of articles has become a bit too much now-a-days
Iswear is offline   Reply With Quote