Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 24th December 2015, 21:15   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Gas Connection for my new home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I keep wondering, the government wants to make everything digital to arrest leakage and yet does not provide an online payment option for gas cylinders. Why is it that no one seems to talk about this at all?
http://www.indane.co.in already offers online booking & payment for LPG cylinders.

Options once you login -

Book cylinder

Register for new connection

Audit distributor [which gives you stats on delivery times etc at your and other nearby distributors, allows you to rate them etc]

Give up DBTL

Join Pahal

Check feedback

*** Know where to buy 5 kg cylinder ** (useful for some other people who asked on this thread)
hserus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 22:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
http://www.indane.co.in already offers online booking & payment for LPG cylinders.
This is interesting, I never knew that. I have a HP connection and I can book online. They have a nice App as well. But no option to make payment online. This would make life so much more easier.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2015, 07:49   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
This is interesting, I never knew that. I have a HP connection and I can book online. They have a nice App as well. But no option to make payment online. This would make life so much more easier.
I have HP gas connection and only last month I paid by credit card. They have already introduced online payment system. You can pay the basic cost online and the at the time of delivery only the delivery charge (Rs. 30 or so) is to be paid in cash. For this you have to register at http://myhpgas.in/myHPGas/Index.aspx.
ajitstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2015, 15:00   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitstreet View Post
I have HP gas connection and only last month I paid by credit card. They have already introduced online payment system. You can pay the basic cost online and the at the time of delivery only the delivery charge (Rs. 30 or so) is to be paid in cash. For this you have to register at http://myhpgas.in/myHPGas/Index.aspx.
The delivery boys tend to add their own tip onto the delivery charges as well. Hasn't struck me as too wise to protest about an additional ten bucks or so.
hserus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 10:34   #95
BHPian

Yesterday I paid 530 Rs for HP 14 kg domestic cylinder (without subsidy, including delivery charges, delivery-boy tip extra).
But private Super Gas 12 Kg domestic cylinder still costs around 850 Rs (when I checked last Saturday). Super Gas Dealer says that it is the official price at which they are authorized to sell.

How is this price difference possible?
(Super gas 12 Kg cylinder lasts 2 weeks for me, but HP 14 Kg cylinder lasts 5 weeks for the same usage pattern - but that's a different issue)

Last edited by jinojohnt : 7th April 2016 at 10:39.
jinojohnt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 11:55   #96
r.K
BHPian

Default Re: Piped Gas tube connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Hi

Guys, need your kind advise in gas pipe connection in kitchen from utility.

Planning to put the gas cylinder in the utility area [ outside the kitchen ] and draw the gas through a pipe into the kitchen.

Can you please let me know any disadvantages of gas cylinder being in the hot sun / exposed to elements of nature ?

And what should be the specifications of the gas pipe ? Any particular recommendations on the brands for the gas pipe ?

Eagerly waiting for your reply
+1

I am in this situation and need an answer to the above question. I am getting different opinions from different people. Few say it is OK to keep in utility, some say to keep inside kitchen. Is anyone using their cylinders by keeping them in the utility (mine is like a balcony, road-facing)? I will be adding a grill from the parapet wall to the ceiling. But if it rains, water will fall on the cylinder, and it will be exposed to sunlight.

If the cylinder strictly shouldn't be exposed to the elements of nature, I might consider adding glass shutters the entire length of the parapet wall in addition to he grill.

@lambuhere1 regarding the the gas pipe, it would be a copper pipe connection, with inlet nozzle in the utility and the outlet nozzle near the stove. The whole pipe would be copper, and the cyl-to-nozzle, nozzle-to-stove pipe would be the usual gas/ruber pipe.
r.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 11:59   #97
BHPian

Default Re: Piped Gas tube connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.K View Post
+1
I might consider adding glass shutters the entire length of the parapet wall in addition to he grill.
RK, I did just that. Hope it helps.
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote