Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2008, 08:46   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Three 5 Star hotels in army control?

Rocky: nice one.

My blood boils. What did we do!
Old 27th November 2008, 08:57   #167
BHPian

I came to know about this only now, through this thread! My deepest condolence to all who had given their lives in this incident.
Old 27th November 2008, 09:03   #168
BHPian

gosh worst, there is fire again in Taj

Last edited by vinayvtec : 27th November 2008 at 09:05.
Old 27th November 2008, 09:12   #169
BHPian

Worst part is that they have successfully targeted all major 5 stars in the city.
When will our government wake up.
When will the politicians leave their political motives behind and come forward for "Indian" agenda.

Here in Mumbai most offices have been closed for the day....
I request my fellow Mumbaikars (and TBHPians) to stay put.
May god bring peace to the innocent who have lost lives in this tragic turn of things
Old 27th November 2008, 09:12   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
CNN is showing a gunman, on one of the balconies of Taj.
Gosh, if a camera can shoot him how can a sniper not!!!

Aaargh!!!
Cos that might put the hostages at risk.

What has happened is very sad and my thoughts and sympathies are with those who have lost their near and dear ones.

These terrorists are nothing but dastardly cowards to shoot at unarmed innocent people. Very sad.
Old 27th November 2008, 09:19   #171
BHPian

The political circus has begun even before the situation is under control. We have news of Advani planning a visit. What does he plan to do there?

My deepest condolences to all those who have lost near and dear ones in particular and all Mumbaikars in general. Guys take care. May the Almighty give you the courage to deal with this.
Old 27th November 2008, 09:20   #172
Senior - BHPian

Suburban Bombay offices at work, Taj, Oberoi seige continues, commandoes storming, 3 terrorists escape too
Old 27th November 2008, 09:21   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Cos that might put the hostages at risk.

What has happened is very sad and my thoughts and sympathies are with those who have lost their near and dear ones.

These terrorists are nothing but dastardly cowards to shoot at unarmed innocent people. Very sad.
Or maybe the security staff doesn't have snipers with them. Or if they do, maybe their is no central leadership which can coordiante the counter-attack. And the police - god, can you see the world-war II era guns on them ? The Army people - it takes time for the leadership to setup operations. They are not trained for urban warfare.

That's why you have SWAT teams in US. Police/Army is not trained for sudden urban warfare.

Accept the fact that Indian Police is still stuck in a time-warp thanks to our politicians. They don't want the police to be well-equipped or independent. Thus the police can't fight this quite urban war. Citizens, meanwhile, are being hacked raw.

At any estimate, it would take atleast 8-10 years of investment to get the police upto the task. Even in lesser nations like Malaysia, Indonesia - you see police cars quite well equipped with assault rifles, sniper rifles and such. India has successively under-invested in police infrastructure and chickens are coming home to roost.
Old 27th November 2008, 09:23   #174
BHPian

Oh God! These cowards have even made use of police vehicles to getaway? If this is true, then the police is as much to blame as the terrorists.

Edit:
Times Now Breaking News: Terrorists came directly from Pakistan. Email traced to Russia. One Lashkar terrorist from Pak arrested in Mumbai by IB.

Last edited by SumitB : 27th November 2008 at 09:28.
Old 27th November 2008, 09:28   #175
BHPian

After reading this news today morning I’m out of words and I’m not able to think of anything, and even going through other threads shows me less interested.

Though we had see terror attacks in the past, this kind of a coordinated attach is sure a shame to Human being.

To show our solidarity to the lives that are lost and the live that are fight out there, can we post a heartfelt condolence banner message and close our discussion for today, if it is OK with our members. Moderator this is my humble opinion !

Last edited by mail4loys : 27th November 2008 at 09:30.
Old 27th November 2008, 09:28   #176
BHPian

Sad but the true face of our country intelligence, security, leadership & the soft intent by the Government is showing. I reached my office at Andheri East at 8am, The Hyatt & the ITC Grand Maratha are guarded like fortresses. Traffic was minimal today from Bandra West to Andheri. Mindnumbing!!! Today they will be caught (& held till some NGO pleads for mercy on them... or best get a party ticket) or killed, security will be beefed up for a month or so & then life will go on as usual.... until the next attack. Sad.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 27th November 2008 at 09:31.
Old 27th November 2008, 09:28   #177
Senior - BHPian

This is really unbearable.Common man is not being protected by this hideous criems of terrorism and where will this lead to?
Security should be assured to common man at any cost?
My sincere condolences to all those people who have suffered their lives and injured.
Old 27th November 2008, 09:37   #178
BHPian

We keep on having so many underworld encounters and now this terrorist attack. Why don't we have a SWAT like team for metros? Considering that India has so many terrorist hits across the country, this should be on the top of the To-Do list of politicians irrespective of the party they belong to.

As someone said, we need an elite fighting unit trained in urban warfare. We don't want to be sitting ducks like this everytime. It is so damn simple to bring explosives/ammos in high density metros. Can you imagine any kind of frisking/checking of baggage at stations like CST/Churchgate/Dadar/Andheri/Thane. It's just not going to be possible with the archaic police force that we have.
Old 27th November 2008, 09:44   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Times Now Breaking News: Terrorists came directly from Pakistan. Email traced to Russia. One Lashkar terrorist from Pak arrested in Mumbai by IB.
I hope they know that it's easy to mask one's location. I for example can send a mail which can be randomly made to appear like it originated in any corner of the world.
Old 27th November 2008, 09:46   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
This is really unbearable.Common man is not being protected by this hideous criems of terrorism and where will this lead to?
Security should be assured to common man at any cost?
You have to understand all that Z-Plus security for politicos [12 or more security staff per person] needs people. As I see it - the politicos have sold the country left, right and center. The masses have been fooled all this now - and now they are being murdered, raped and pillaged while the politicos are minting money.

To talk about common man - It used to be roti, kapda, makan. Now I guess it is roti, kapda, makan, and jaan.

So how do you change this ?

Go out and vote.
Closed Thread