Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2008, 10:08   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
The terrorists have taken Israelis as their hostages it seem, I hope by noon army will be able to do something and even some diamond merchants are held.

If we are not able to prove the world what we can, then there might be possibility of israel defense force to interfere.
Enter Mossad and these guys are going to regret the day they were born. Call on elite units like these instead of our vintage force.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:08   #197
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure if they'd be some North Indian employees in there, Raj and his men would surely do that. Anyways, its a shame. Looks like our high-grade security is in reality quite low-grade and incompetent. In the past years you can see the changes in metal detectors, more guards, more police patrolling. However, none of that made any difference. The only result was a much LARGER attack - on a completely different scale altogether.

Last edited by Gordon : 27th November 2008 at 10:10.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:09   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
It is also not possible because of the enormous amount of human traffic. the ratio of money spent on police to the number of people specially in mumbai is very very low.
Poverty gives rise to an economy which has very little resources for governance like public safety, sanitation, traffic, infrastructure.. basically every civic convenience.

There is no magic bullet, really. Hard ways to fix it are there...but they need a lot of will power from everybody.
This has been the biggest unfortunate thing in India. We have been talking about economy, GDP growth rate, dollar reserve, export rise, IT boom, and other bull....we have always neglected Law & Order, Internal Security and National Pride...this is not going to lead us anywhere....first priority has to be human life and law & order...

Wish I were a part of the Army team who is killing those cowards in Taj Hotel!

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th November 2008 at 15:00.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:09   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Hvkumar: Can you check with your friend if office in and around Churchgate & Fort are operating?

manson.
My friend is a press-wala, he is working. He reported totally deserted roads and closed offices.

However, my friend in Vikhroli - his office is working, except his company buses (IT co) have not yet reached - 25 pc attendance.

My friend's diamond factory in Bombay Central is closed
Old 27th November 2008, 10:10   #200
BHPian

Until and unless our country borders are sealed, there is no way we can fight these cowards. It should be made very very difficult to cross into India illegally.

It is very difficult to locate these terrorists in a country like India, with a huge diverse population, but that must not stop us from taking all necessary steps to avoid these attacks.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:13   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Hijacking a police jeep and then firing from it , that too on a main road!!!. That is shocking!!!.
Any more news about that police car that had been firing at the public.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:13   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Its time we change things from top to bottom, go out and vote the next time
I feel that most of the members here may be definitely exercising their right to vote. The sad part is that the voting really is for the lesser of the two evils rather than someone who can change the world!!!
Old 27th November 2008, 10:13   #203
Senior - BHPian

This is absolutely insane.
They are using machine guns and grenades. These are weapons of war.
How much more blood will be required for our political will to gather enough courage to do something.
This attack has proved without a shadow of doubt that the terrorists are free to strike at will anywhere and anytime.
Sombody gimme a gun and a few grenades too.
Its time for - an eye for an eye !!

Just found out:
Damn I have expat friends holed up in their room in the Trident Hilton right now. Fortunately they are not hostages they are locked in and safe. Information is hard to come bye at this time.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 27th November 2008 at 10:18.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:15   #204
Senior - BHPian

exclusive still photos of terrorists carrying guns in VT station yesterday night, shot by the station's close circuit cameras
Old 27th November 2008, 10:18   #205

Default Mumbai terrorism..

As long as I am separate from you, as long as my country is not the same as yours, as long as the earth is mine and not yours, we will have stand-offs.

The moment you and I are one, each one of us, there will be no disparity.

But to reach that stage of universal consciousness, we may have to go through some more violence, all over the world.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:19   #206
BHPian

It would speak a lot of the people in power about the actions they take after this is over (hopefully this would be over soon).

Somehow I have a feeling that it would be the usual blame game, political one-up-manship and tons of press interviews doing the same. Amazingly, there will not be any concrete action at all. There would be a fact-finding team made who would do that for umpteen years and eventually find the same facts that most would have assumed right now.

We always keep thinking that it cannot get worse. We thought that the train attacks would eb the biggest thing that hit mumbai. What did we do after that, we have placed a table, 2 chairs and an amateur GRP constable with a stick on every station who most of the times is not on that chair. The only thing he manages to do is snooze, offer his chair to elderly (thankfully) and have his cuppa chai !
Old 27th November 2008, 10:19   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Until and unless our country borders are sealed, there is no way we can fight these cowards. It should be made very very difficult to cross into India illegally.

It is very difficult to locate these terrorists in a country like India, with a huge diverse population, but that must not stop us from taking all necessary steps to avoid these attacks.
When will we be able to come up for the greater cause, leaving all mean milages behind....why don't we learn from Israel and Russia, who always eliminated these weeds mercylessly.....

What has our so called democratic system given us? Corrupt Leaders, Scams, Divided Society, Lawlessness, Prevailed Insecurity, Helpless Defence Forces, Govt. Guests like Afzal....

Why doesn't any Army General uproot these so called People's representatives and give these cowards a pukka fix?

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th November 2008 at 15:01.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:20   #208
BHPian

Its sad that such events have taken place and still continuing right now. I hope this gets over fast and necessary actions taken to avoid such situations again.

These situations happen because of unreasoning idiotic people who cant see past their boxed views. I have never really understood the ideology that advocates violence, after all who/what gives one person the right to hurt/kill another. If only people learned to respect one another irrespective of their cast/creed and other such sentiments, respect one another for being a human!!
Old 27th November 2008, 10:21   #209
Senior - BHPian

It is such a brutal act that took me by surprise just like many others. The security and scrutiny definitely needs to be upgraded and even as a little known "Deccan Mujahideen" claimed responsibility, the manner in which this was executed is quite alarming.
In the midst of all this, some police officials including ATS chief Hemant Karkare who was leading the counter attack to nab the terrorists laid their lives and may their souls and many unfortunate people who lost their lives, rest in peace.

Mumbai Bhpians, Please be safe and I am sure Mumbai had always fought back in adversity and so will it bounce back after this carnage. Life is so uncertain and may the culprits be punished for such inhumane acts.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:22   #210
Senior - BHPian

CNN IBN reports 8kg RDX recovered near the Taj Hotel. This is clearly a slap on the faces of the security forces, how on earth can a group of people bring so much ammunition without be noticed
Closed Thread