Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2008, 11:40   #241
BHPian

Name:  IMG_0367.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  8.4 KB

The terror crisis continues even now at 1146hrs on 27Nov,2008. Pray that it ends soon and no more innocent lives lost in this senseless carnage. So far 100 people have lost their precious lives.
Old 27th November 2008, 11:43   #242
Senior - BHPian

English cricket tour called off
Old 27th November 2008, 11:44   #243
BHPian

Just a note- are the News channel inadvertently feeding the terrorists news and images which is making the situation more difficult.
The terrorists are apparently aware of the police and army moves and the images make them aware of how attacks are being planned.
I personally feel the media should stop showing images of the army etc and stick to reporting. What good is it if they simply end up helping the terrorists?!
Old 27th November 2008, 11:45   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

I used to think my property dealing acquaintances were stupid to carry revolvers. Now I think they are extremely smart.

PS: Mods, please go ahead and infract me. Sorry but I can't be PC on this one.
PPS: I need to find jobs in srinagar. Atleas there people know who the terrorists are, and stay out of harm's way mostly. Its average citizen has suffered the least so far.

Last edited by ajmat : 27th November 2008 at 11:52. Reason: Don't start inciting hostile actions - Pakistan many not be the instigator - can understand your anger so no infraction -
Old 27th November 2008, 11:48   #245
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Is it?
Are you really serious?

Do you know how it is in Israel? Where each and every civillian lives under constant threat to his life 24/7.
Its almost like Kashmir there.

Please don't propose something similar for Bombay.
Alpha, I am not proposing anything of that sort here.

I have first hand account of things inside Isreal, things used to be much worse. The number of attacks have come down, though life can never be normal in Isreal.

I can quote IRA and on and on since I have relatives in Ireland and can tell you stories of then and now; but then we would be going way off topic.........

Important thing now is for the authorities to extricate the hostages, contain the problem and do salvage. After that you'd see the political **** flying around, not much of use for you and me. We need action on the ground to contain these maniacs, yes?

--Ramky
Old 27th November 2008, 11:50   #246
BHPian

UPDATE: IB says terrorists came in from Pakistan. Also, a terrorist from Pakistan is held too.
Old 27th November 2008, 11:51   #247
Senior - BHPian

How many Bombay tbhpians at work today?

Am at home, my office at Churchgate is likely to be within the curfew area
Old 27th November 2008, 11:53   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Is it?
Are you really serious?

Do you know how it is in Israel? Where each and every civilian lives under constant threat to his life 24/7.
Its almost like Kashmir there.

Please don't propose something similar for Bombay.

Ofcourse, its not that we should just sit, twiddling our thumbs, and watching the world burn around us.
But the "pre-emptive" strikes that you are proposing ... is that a solution?
or a tit-for-tat response?

Anyone here watched Vantage Point?
American Pres (more so in the Hollywood movies) are usually pretty arrogant and dumb, but in that movie, he says something which makes sense: These guys want us to react. And whole point of our effort/exercise is lost.
We don't have to act strong, but to be strong. (there is a subtle but big difference between these two).

Absolutely wrong information. Have many friends from Israel. Tel Aviv is as safe as Mumbai or Delhi. In fact I have done some research on this. I was supposed to travel there last year. But our company gave up looking at the visa hasseles. Instead we flew in a Israeli team to our site.

It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world

Last edited by sridhga : 27th November 2008 at 12:05.
Old 27th November 2008, 11:55   #249
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mods

Folks, we all are angry, upset, traumatised. We should not bend down to their level by randomly proposing any hostile actions on this forum without knowing who is behind this.
Old 27th November 2008, 11:55   #250
Senior - BHPian

Taj hostage crisis over, says times now. No info on casualties
Old 27th November 2008, 11:56   #251
Senior - BHPian

its not just terrorist attack in mumbai,
its war against india.
Old 27th November 2008, 11:56   #252
BHPian

I wish the cops/forces get this under control, and I would like the culprits to be captured, punished entirely based on the law of country. No kangaroo courts, draconian laws, encounter killings and other assorted civil rights abuse. We just need decent police/intelligence work, and a government that can actually enforce law and order. Easier said than done isnt it?
Old 27th November 2008, 11:58   #253
BHPian

I have no words to describe my feeling. These terrorists are so sophisticated. They meticulously plan everything sitting in some other country and carry out their plan with pinpoint precision. They are highly motivated and know they can do whatever they want without being confronted.

I just cannot imagine how, they start from some other country on boats, land safely with loads of guns and ammunition, roam freely all over killing people at will, drive on a police vehicle and go into 5 star hotels killing number of security people on the way.

Inspite of being the worst terrorist affected country in the world for 20 - 30 years now, we still don't have any plan how to confront this menace. Everything is lost in politics and blame game.

I am 100% sure even as we are dealing with this situation, right now these terrorists are planning their next move and as always, in a few days everything will be forgotten.

Sad, but I have lost faith in our democracy and our political system. I am feeling so helpless and hopeless
Old 27th November 2008, 12:00   #254
BHPian

read this

Terrorists were in touch with Karachi via satphone
Old 27th November 2008, 12:00   #255
BHPian

Thumbs up

Kumar Sir,

Am at my office in Malad, MindSpace. There is an eerie sense of silence in this usually buzzing office space.

Two of us seniors, rushed in to coordinate and stop the other 236 ppl from coming into office and to stop trying to get to work for the whole day.

Stayin indoors for the day is probably the safest option even now.

Hujahideen release is being said to be the demand and i fear this issue might / could blow things outta proportion from hereon.

Lets wait & watch for any further NEWS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
How many Bombay tbhpians at work today?

Am at home, my office at Churchgate is likely to be within the curfew area
Closed Thread