Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2008, 12:02   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Just a note- are the News channel inadvertently feeding the terrorists news and images which is making the situation more difficult.
The terrorists are apparently aware of the police and army moves and the images make them aware of how attacks are being planned.
I personally feel the media should stop showing images of the army etc and stick to reporting. What good is it if they simply end up helping the terrorists?!
+1 to that.

Its a fact that the counter operation to take out the terrorists at the Olympic Village in Munich was abandoned due to this exact reason.

Just as I type this,the NDTV camerman is following a commando team onto a building.Media needs to show some restraint and be responsible
Old 27th November 2008, 12:03   #257
BHPian

Angry

This is a pathetic situation - I have been glued in all night on tv - a complete failure of our intelligence and security, if terrorists can just walk in with rdx and what nots and hold our financial capital or any other city under seige

My prayers and condolences go out to all mumbaikars and hope things are brought into control soon
Old 27th November 2008, 12:06   #258
Senior - BHPian

Reports of a blast in Borivali also, only on one news channel yet.

Half the terrorists are still at large it seems.
Old 27th November 2008, 12:08   #259
Senior - BHPian

This is the most horrific act of Cowardness. I have had 5 people i know who were released at 7am from the Oberoi. Two others i know are still stuck inside. Some of my friends are still outside the Oberoi.

Taj situation is not alright, i know someones reletive still stuck there.

Last edited by speedy : 27th November 2008 at 12:10.
Old 27th November 2008, 12:24   #260
BHPian

hope all bhpians and families are safe
Old 27th November 2008, 12:26   #261
BHPian

DO NOT POST INFO WITHOUT QUOTING THE SOURCE

Please stop from posting news items you may read or see on television without quoting the source (website or channel name). Everyone agrees that most of the channels are out there to try and beat the others and are very prone to sensationalizing this news. I am sure that some of them may even be reporting based on hoax calls. If you quote the channel names, people would take the news with a big bag of salt !!

(Sorry for the shouting but this was required)
Old 27th November 2008, 12:27   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Just a note- are the News channel inadvertently feeding the terrorists news and images which is making the situation more difficult.
The terrorists are apparently aware of the police and army moves and the images make them aware of how attacks are being planned.
I personally feel the media should stop showing images of the army etc and stick to reporting. What good is it if they simply end up helping the terrorists?!
, always wondered why the media is not stopped from reporting that the cops entered from here they are taking position etc...3 snipers etc....
Old 27th November 2008, 12:29   #263

Yes. 4 MPs - NN Krishnadas from Kerala, Bajaj, Solanki, and Patel.

Report from express buzz: Krishnadas and three other MPs were at Hotel Taj, when the attack took place. "We were having food at the shamiana restaurant when the firing started. There were two of them. They had their face covered with black cloth. Two foreigners who were sitting at the table next to us fell down, injured after being shot. We all took first shelter underneath the tables first. Then we ran out to the side of the swimming pool along with the staff through an emergency exit and took shelter amongst the trees beside the pool." “After an hour we opened a door on the side wall and reached the store room adjacent to the kitchen. About 1.30 am on Thursday we were guided to another hall. There are nearly 200 guests of the hotel with us. We heard a loud explosion hardly eight minutes back. We can still hear gunshots outside and we think an encounter is on between the attackers and the security personnel. “My shirt is soaked in blood and nearly 200 of us, including four MPs, are holed up in this store room, next to the kitchen...” Pavitran, political secretary to Krishnadas, told this website's newspaper over phone. Four MPs, Krishnadas, Bajaj, Solanki and Patel were at the Taj when the terrorist attack took place.

an exerpt from sify news: "We stayed there through the night. In the morning, commandos rescued us," he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Weren't any politician inside any of these hotels?!
Old 27th November 2008, 12:36   #264
BHPian

Man this is one of the most horrific days for mumbai ....... Sources of CNN say deccan mujhaideen are claiming responsibility of these attacks.Take care everybody and be safe.

Last edited by team suzuki : 27th November 2008 at 12:37.
Old 27th November 2008, 12:38   #265
Team-BHP Support

man this crap is still going on. saw on times now theres a hostage situation on colaba causeway.
Old 27th November 2008, 12:42   #266
BHPian

I think there is no solution for rooting out terrorism. These guys have a deep conviction in what they are doing, they have the access to weapons and money, they hate us. They dont understand the world, they are mislead.

It would take a miracle or a great leader to set things right for these people.
Old 27th November 2008, 12:43   #267
BHPian

I was going to go to leopold on wednesday night, somehow did not end up going. A friend of a friend got shot in the leg, he was at the taj and another friend was at taj also for dinner and was there all night. This was a crazy crazy night. I live at malabar hill also and heard 2 blasts at night and one at 6 am on thursday.

Last edited by ajmat : 27th November 2008 at 12:56. Reason: No incitive violence, please
Old 27th November 2008, 12:45   #268
BHPian

Media says the attackers came on boat from Karachi [unverified reports]. Might be premature to say - but does the whole piracy thing with Indian navy now posted in deeper indian ocean would have anything to do with less patrolling in/near mumbai waters ?

The LeQ sends direct attackers from Karachi shores - it would be very hard to protect our cities.
Old 27th November 2008, 12:45   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Wonder where is Raj Thackeray and the MNS mobs now?! Send them in to storm the places. Outsiders are storming "HIS" city.
Probably hiding with lots of security arround him. People like him are half the problem and only tough on stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post
the only way i am able to see news on India is through IBN and NDTV websites, and last one month the whole focus seemd to be on Sadhvis and saadhus...forgetting that along with them there are more threats.
Competent Nation, Incompetent Politics
Who cares if they masquerade as saadhs or sadhvis if they are involved in terrorism then they deserve no mercy. People thinkthey can hide behind the garb of saffron religious dresses.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th November 2008 at 15:09. Reason: posts merged.
Old 27th November 2008, 12:48   #270
BHPian

Situations like this (should) make us sit and wonder.
Are we Indians?
Or are we North Indians / South Indians / people from UP / Mumbaites put together in one place?
Or are we Hindus / Muslims / Christians ?

Think about what Raj Thackeray said and look at what's happening in Mumbai.
Did anyone see anybody asking whether he / she is from Mumbai / UP / Bihar / North India / South India before helping? NO.

They say these attacks are not just Mumbai's problem, but the NATION'S problem. If we go by Raj's logic, isn't this just Mumbai's problem?
Should the nation worry? NO.
But, did the nation worry? YES. I couldn't sleep last night..and i'm sure there were million others. I was watching news the whole night. I don't have anybody in Mumbai. Then why? Coz' I did NOT see them as Mumbai people.

Before they took an injured guy to a hospital, did they take down his relegion...so that they can decide which hospital to take? NO
Did the hospital ask for relegion? NO
Hindus, Muslims and Christians went to whichever hospital was available. Then why do we fight each other?

Why kill each other when external forces are trying to kill us? Isn't this the time to stick together as ONE? Lets forget our relegions / castes / surnames / bank-balances. Lets be ONE.

Prayers and condolences to all who lost their loved ones.

Sorry about the long post. I'm disturbed.
Closed Thread