Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2008, 15:08   #331
BHPian

Some mod please lock the thread.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:08   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvation View Post
Prome Minister Chickened Out of Mumbai visit due to security reason.
----
Shame on you Mr. Prime Minister!!
Why? Mumbai police have their hands full right now; why add fears of the PMs safety to it??
Old 27th November 2008, 15:09   #333
Senior - BHPian

Get our Air Force jets in and blast the bloody ship out !!
Old 27th November 2008, 15:09   #334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There are guys who are fighting for people unknown over there and these guys cant even visit Mumbai forget about visiting the site because of security reasons.

Shame on you Mr. Prime Minister!!
Before you make comments like this, please understand that PM has no say over the matter. His security team has the final say on whether he can visit some place. If not, political compulsions will make PMs override security needs.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:11   #335
BHPian

No need to lock the thread.

Just that we need to keep our emotions in check while we type. We are all disturbed, angry and sad with what is going on. We all want those who have done this to be brought to justice. But there is a way to express our feelings.

Emotions are running high. Understandably so. But still we need to think with a calm mind.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:11   #336
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, I am kinda disappointed as I haven't seen any news channel interviewing or talking to the PM and getting his views.
I hope he pulls his guts together and gives us a motivating speech to help us get back to our feet.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:11   #337
BHPian

Default Photos of Colaba on Nov 26 Night on Flickr

Bombay Blast - a set on Flickr
Old 27th November 2008, 15:12   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can you please add link from where you got this information.

Its was on Headlines today. Must be on all tv channels now.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:12   #339
BHPian

Very very disturbing series of events. In my opinion we have failed as a system, as a society to protect our own city from these happenings. These alleged terrorists have taken charge of a crucial part of the city just like it was a walk in the park for them. There are so many questions that you, I, and the whole society has, on how all this happened, BUT who's to answer them?

Our system clearly seems to be incapacitated to do this. The '93 blasts should have been a lesson for us. The train bombings was a brutal reminder, but still our intelligence fails time and again. Why is it that every time a calamity like this strikes, we run to the center for help. Why did we not have intel on something like this coming?

There is no 1 place where we can point our finger and put the blame. Everyone, right from the CM, the DCM, babus, corrupt officials, and us are responsible for this. It was highly unfortunate and sad for the Mumbai police to lose 2 of its Top Cops; Vijay Saliskar & Hemant Karkare (lets hope their sacrifice does'nt go vain. MAy lord give their families the strength to overcome this)

Today is not about religion, language, states, caste, creed, rich or poor. This is the question of our very existence and survival. This is not the Mumbai and India we want to pass on to our next generation.

Clearly our system has failed. The terrorists have been partly successful in what they wanted to do, and all we could do was watch in vain.

Wake up India. We don't need the politics today, all we require is a good leader who can re-engineer the whole system and make a change.

May the souls of those who lost their lives, rest in peace.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:15   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
Terrorists using Rocket Launchers now at Colaba...

Please do not create panic, with such news.
To just correct, no they are not using rocket launchers, with that they could have done much more. hurled a grenade(which happened now).
Got a confirmation from a friend living just 3 buildings away and Times Now.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:20   #341
BHPian

We all know that violence should not be answered with violence.

But at the same time would you say the same if somebody (near and dear) would have been a victim. The world is getting violent by the day.

We are all worked up to say the least....
Dont you want the people responsible for all this killings to be punished.

Remember if they are caught alive and put in jails there will be another attack and people will be held hostage to demand freedom of these terrorists.

When I said blow the cowards up, I meant every character of it. Else these people will rise again and kill more innocent people. These are weeds in modern day society. They need to be destroyed to save a thousand more.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th November 2008 at 15:22.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:21   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Get our Air Force jets in and blast the bloody ship out !!

Actually, they should try to apprehend the ship before it enters Paki waters. Shooting it out should be the absolute last resort. Like if its absolutely impossible to catch it before it goes into foreign waters.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:23   #343
Senior - BHPian

Just In.. MV Alpha surrounded by Navy off the coast of Gujarat...
Old 27th November 2008, 15:27   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

1)To be honest, I am kinda disappointed as I haven't seen any news channel interviewing or talking to the PM and getting his views.

2) I hope he pulls his guts together and gives us a motivating speech to help us get back to our feet.
1) After the A'bad blast and the civil hospital blast there, politicians came out to " visit " and analyze the situation. My cousin works there and told me that its better if these goons stay away from visitng the injured. The security team first visits the scene, ask the hospital authorities to shift patients into different wards, etc, etc. and then they come for a moment or two. Its a joke. They are headache. Best is they dont care to visit.
They failed to prevent this in the first place and then create more issues by disturbing those who managed to survive.

2) Still just a speech ? Its time to act now and not to give a speech with powerful words. The concern from PM must be visible in what actions he took when one city after another were targeted and how he prevents bigger attacks.

What is more shameful for is that those who came to our country were also targetted and shot at. This is very very bad on our part.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 27th November 2008 at 15:30.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:27   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
You ought to know that not all politicians are bad, dishonest and criminals. And killing them without knowing if they are goons in disguise is stupid. I think we need to think right and not let our frustration speak instead of common sense.
What about the thousand of innocent people who have been killed in Terrorist attacks like this?
In anycase I didnt mean it literally, to make it even clearer "figuratively speaking"
Now start with your public address and the goody goody talks!

Its terrible what has happened and I am deeply disturbed seeing the news sitting here in UK and lets not argue just for the sake of it.
Closed Thread