Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 15:27   #346
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,700
Thanked: 808 Times
Default

the ship's gone into international waters now and the govt. officials are saying they will now be unable to board the ship because of international rules.

bloody hell USA bombed iraq completely for no reason.that too thousands of miles away and we can't catch a ship which has actually caused so many deaths in india just because its further than 12 nautical miles away.
I say show some balls you idiots.bomb the hell out of that ship.if that ship is running away its confirmed that they are terrorists.they are no longer suspects.bomb them!!


edit: ship has been located as said above.bomb it please.what are we waiting for.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 27th November 2008 at 15:34.
navpreet318 is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:31   #347
BHPian
 
deadguy25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 236
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Catch them alive and do what? We would nto want another Hijack or whatever resulting because of this.
The whole wide world knows where the terrorists are coming to India from!
Apologies if anyone thinks I am re-acting, but should we keep trying our hand at working on a peaceful solution?
deadguy25 is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:33   #348
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
the ship's gone into international waters now and the govt. officials are saying they will now be unable to board the ship because of international rules.

bloody hell USA bombed iraq completely for no reason.that too thousands of miles away and we can't catch a ship which has actually caused so many deaths in india just because its further than 12 nautical miles away.
I say show some balls you idiots.bomb the hell out of that ship.if that ship is running away its confirmed that they are terrorists.they are no longer suspects.bomb them!!
ahh fantastic!!! we are one law/rules abiding nation now matter we are beaten..attacked what not............time for our nation to have a government which has GUTS!
lohithrao is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:34   #349
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,947
Thanked: 1,584 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
We all know that violence should not be answered with violence.

But at the same time would you say the same if somebody (near and dear) would have been a victim. The world is getting violent by the day.

We are all worked up to say the least....
Dont you want the people responsible for all this killings to be punished.
They should be punished but not to the extent that there is no difference left between them and us.

Think about it... why are they willingly putting their own life at risk to kill others? Why do they hate us so much? Find that out first, then show it to them that they are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
Remember if they are caught alive and put in jails there will be another attack and people will be held hostage to demand freedom of these terrorists.
And if they are killed, their death will be painted as martyrdom and more such people will rise, each more lethal than the last.

If you want to eliminate a problem, find the root cause and eliminate that.
amitoj is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:35   #350
BHPian
 
salvation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 116
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Before you make comments like this, please understand that PM has no say over the matter. His security team has the final say on whether he can visit some place. If not, political compulsions will make PMs override security needs.
Sir i know you are talking wisely and purely from head but my heart says he is our leader and he ought to be there to boost the morale of country and instil confidence amongst people.
salvation is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:36   #351
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

cant the govt get the necessary permissions to intercept the ship and catch those guys? Dont they have even this much clout?
sammyboy is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:38   #352
BHPian
 
deadguy25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 236
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
cant the govt get the necessary permissions to intercept the ship and catch those guys? Dont they have even this much clout?
They do have the clout, but the "other" country should be more than willing to let us through. They will say, "we shall apprehend them and handover". WHich is: as good as a case being closed before it was open!!
deadguy25 is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:39   #353
BHPian
 
Sabareesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ambarnath
Posts: 328
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

In the shootout last night, several police officers including Chief of ATS Mr. Hemant Karkare, Addl. Commisioner Ashok Kamte, Encounter Specialist Vijay Salaskar were killed along with 11 other policemen.

I salute all these Martyrs for their bravery and courage. May their soul rest in peace and god give strength to their families to bear the invalueable loss.
Sabareesh is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:39   #354
BHPian
 
salvation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 116
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
cant the govt get the necessary permissions to intercept the ship and catch those guys? Dont they have even this much clout?
trust me if they find the ship even if it is say 100 kms inside some other countries water our mariners are going to attack it.
but if it reaches port then there is different story altogether
salvation is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:42   #355
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 443
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

A humble request (yet again). Please list the source of the news along with the new snippet that you post here.

It is really scary to read all the snippets that people have been posting.
kalpeshc is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:44   #356
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,628
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
the ship's gone into international waters now and the govt. officials are saying they will now be unable to board the ship because of international rules.

bloody hell USA bombed iraq completely for no reason.that too thousands of miles away and we can't catch a ship which has actually caused so many deaths in india just because its further than 12 nautical miles away.
I say show some balls you idiots.bomb the hell out of that ship.if that ship is running away its confirmed that they are terrorists.they are no longer suspects.bomb them!!


edit: ship has been located as said above.bomb it please.what are we waiting for.
Agree with you.
If they can invade our waters, land in on our land, bomb us, then why can our capable air force hit that ship in international waters. We are just killing our culprits. Another failure and this shows why incidents like these bombing happen.

Was that ship so fast that even our helicopters could not catch it. Why air force migs were not deployed. Mig-21 is supersonic and at Jamnagar, we have it, so why did they not call in those ?
If that ships safely reaches Pakistan, then we must then attack Pakistan. Its heights and its frustrating that we could not catch the ship.
aaggoswami is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:44   #357
BHPian
 
sbasak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: CCU-LTN
Posts: 607
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
the ship's gone into international waters now and the govt. officials are saying they will now be unable to board the ship because of international rules.
That's the problem. The govt. always plays by rule and terrorists have no rule! So, govt. can never win.
sbasak is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:45   #358
BHPian
 
salvation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 116
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Defence minister had warned of maritime terrorism in 2007

Defence minister had warned of maritime terrorism

why do they start publishing these citations after every attack
salvation is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:47   #359
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,327
Thanked: 3,832 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
A humble request (yet again). Please list the source of the news along with the new snippet that you post here.
Guys, It's a must. Otherwise it'll be seen as rumor which we don't need at this point in time.
Rudra Sen is offline  
Old 27th November 2008, 15:47   #360
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,700
Thanked: 808 Times
Default

I won't go at loggerheads with Sam or Ajmat here.i know it must be very troubling for you sam.you were the first person i thought about as soon as i heard about the blast.the second one being jenny and what she must be going through.

But i'll simply not agree to arresting the terrorists alive theme.No.No way.We used to catch them alive in kashmir and kandhar hijacking happened.
we try to hang the perpertrators of the 93 blasts as well as the attack on parliament and people support them.take out rallies and they are all saved.
Look at this:a major underworld don is arrested from portugal and look he has a political party backing him so that he can contest the elections.

is that reason enough.leave them alive and they get healthier and fatter in our jails.Jail footage was shown on TV which showed them having amazing meals which half of india dies for.And then one fine day some hostage situation arives and they are all freed up so that they can bomb more people.

these are not people who're killing others for money or kashmir or because they are pakistanis.NO.These are a new breed of killers.they just do it for fun.they love people like us crying,dying,suffering.thats all they like.THEY KILL FOR NO REASON.THEY KILL FOR FUN.
now would any of you like people like these in our society.I would certainly not.

public tolerance is a baloon which is being blown bigger and bigger by these people.if it continues.god knows what will happen.But one thing is sure these kind of people will no longer live then.
navpreet318 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LPG mis-firing/back-firing/sluggish ranjithbalan Technical Stuff 4 26th April 2007 14:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks