Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2008, 15:47   #361
Senior - BHPian

Navy has started interrogating crew of MV Alpha in international waters..
source:Star News
Old 27th November 2008, 15:48   #362
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if anyone brought this up but amongst a million other thoughts one that came to my mind was, won't an Indian lawyer be defending these gun-toting, grenade-chucking homicidal madmen in court? What sort of motivation must that be? How Indian is he? Or human?
Old 27th November 2008, 15:48   #363
Senior - BHPian

May god bless the families of the Martyrs. This is really a sad day and i was up all night unable to sleep looking at the live pictures of horror. Its scary to know that some of the terrorists who escaped in the police qualis are still at large with automatic weapons.
I really hope this one rings the alarm bells and the current and future govts do enough to make our forces and security more sophisticated and modern.

These guys should be caught alive if possible as they can provide valuable information about their origin, plans, motive, funding etc. This needs to be stopped at the root level.

Last edited by heavy_foot : 27th November 2008 at 15:52.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:50   #364
Senior - BHPian

I'd like to Add that the news posted by me was from Star News and has been now corrected as they have located it somewhere near gujrat but still not confirmed as to whether it is in indian waters or not.

Edit: Interrogation started in International waters.its a very sensitive issue now.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 27th November 2008 at 15:52.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:53   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I dont know if anyone brought this up but amongst a million other thoughts one that came to my mind was, won't an Indian lawyer be defending these gun-toting, grenade-chucking homicidal madmen in court? What sort of motivation must that be? How Indian is he? Or human?
Valid point! Cant we isolate such human beings?
Cant the Government\law stop people from defending such people?
Old 27th November 2008, 15:57   #366
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
capture them alive and tomorrow we have another hostage situation read attack demanding thier release them!!!! grrrr...
If you want info on further such attacks planned, you need to catch them alive. If you really want to know who is behind this attack, the master minds you need to catch them alive. If you want to punish them, teach their clan that its not easy to get away with it, its a victory for us.

Guys, please imagine, if they die in such incidents they are considered as martyrs by their cowardly clan. Would you want them to feel proud and happy about what they did?

Also all those who are raising concerns over the absence of the PM, imagine if the PM's plane was to be shot? Imagine if the airport gets bombed or worse the PM falls into their scheme of things. If god forbid, something happens to our PM now due to actions by these cowards, it will be more than a simple victory for them. They will be over the moon, for having outlived their expectations. So guys, relax and think straight. This is not a video game where you can go and just bomb/shoot people, its a national emergency.

PS: We have had enough number of politicians come to victim areas, stand and give speeches for days together, politicize the whole thing and gain publicity. What we need now is the head honcho's sitting around the board room and taking tough, intelligent decisions. Those IMO can only be made outside the crime site, because when emotions get the better of you, you can hardly think.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 27th November 2008 at 16:03.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:58   #367
Senior - BHPian

Fully agree with Sam.

Guys, please exercise restraint. Nothing happens to those terrorists by posting here. All we get is a bad name - "see how those zeal0t1c 1d0ts react you need to give them more so that they get some real sense" is the kind of reaction you are going to get. Remember that this is a public forum.

I suggest all you guys calling for blood to go through all those "good vs. evil" stories in our epics. It was easy for the "good" forces to shoot arrows and brahmastras at the evil forces; only that the evil would simply fragment, multply and strike back with even more strength. What is required is a very different kind of approach.

Eye for an eye policy simply leaves two partially blind people behind; does not set right a wrong.

And I am not advocating inertia. We need to do things; but not the kind of things we are speaking of here.
Old 27th November 2008, 16:02   #368
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
where are the MNS guys???? when we need them to save mumbai
No offense to anyone but mns and r thackrey are only fit for raising voices against biharis and north indians.. Can they dare to do anything now to protect mumbai and it's interests?

I hope all mumbai members and their families are safe. My relatives' families and close friends in mumbai are safe..

Take care people..
Old 27th November 2008, 16:02   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Valid point! Cant we isolate such human beings?
Cant the Government\law stop people from defending such people?
I mean, think about it. I'm sure these lawyers would know if their "client" is guilty. Yet, they will find loopholes in the police investigation/ chargesheet whatever that is, and try to secure freedom for those that have just blown his country to bits. For money? For fame? Why would someone do that?
Old 27th November 2008, 16:05   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
There are cowards everywhere. London metro, USA 9/11 and many more, too numerous to mention. It happens to the best of countries who are better equipped than us.

Think of a country with the best army, best politics, best ministers,administration, corruption-free environment and best anti-terrorist squads and technology and arms and EVERYTHING that you think would stop this cr*p from happening.

And now think of all the terrorist incidents they have had too. Who do you blame for those?
Sam, agree with all your sentiments. Would just like to point out that post-9/11 & the stringent measures that the US has put into place, we haven't seen any renewed strikes or attempts there, thank God! I wonder what prevents other countries from taking terrorism as seriously & tackling it in much the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
bloody hell USA bombed iraq completely for no reason.that too thousands of miles away and we can't catch a ship which has actually caused so many deaths in india just because its further than 12 nautical miles away.
I say show some balls you idiots.bomb the hell out of that ship.if that ship is running away its confirmed that they are terrorists.they are no longer suspects.bomb them!!
The Navy has recently sunk an alleged "pirate" ship which turned out to be a Thai one that had been hijacked & boarded by pirates. I wonder why they can't incapacitate this one..........
Old 27th November 2008, 16:05   #371
BHPian

They proved only one thing.
OUR INTELIGENCE IS A TOTAL WASTE IN FRONT OF THEM!!!
how the hell did this many AK-47 come into the country???
Old 27th November 2008, 16:07   #372
Senior - BHPian

Where are the "powers that be" who take a stand against Non-Mumbaikars, but are hiding behind closed doors when the city is under seige of the scum of the earth ?

Wish all this mayhem dies down without any further casualties. Hope all forum members and their kith & kin are safe !!
Old 27th November 2008, 16:09   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
They proved only one thing.
OUR INTELIGENCE IS A TOTAL WASTE IN FRONT OF THEM!!!
how the hell did this many AK-47 come into the country???
Most probably through a bribed official... what else?
Old 27th November 2008, 16:10   #374
BHPian

Killing these terrorists in not a solution. They themselves want to die as martyrs (That is what they think). I say keep them alive and lock them up and torture them for the rest of their lives. Other terrorists will think twice before attacking India.

We have seen U.S outsource all sorts of work to India, I say outsource fighting terrorism to U.S. They have been pretty successful in dealing with it. They are not afraid to hot pursuit terrorists in any country. There have been no repeated attacks on the U.S soil.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 27th November 2008 at 16:14.
Old 27th November 2008, 16:11   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Most probably through a bribed official... what else?
They got them in through the sea as per the news reports .

Last edited by heavy_foot : 27th November 2008 at 16:14.
Closed Thread