Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 3rd December 2008, 20:12   #1
BHPian

Default Eden Plots - Kasara

Just bumped into edenplots.com

Not that I am interested in purchasing a plot, but I am curious to know if this is a true and honest website. This is the first time I am seeing a plot of land being sold in EMIs. That too, interest free.

Also 1096 sqft is a small plot for a bungalow, right?

I know atleast one other builder who is selling constructed bungalows in Khardi which is near to Kasara, but never knew of this kind of scheme.

Would like to know what other users think.
abdriver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 11:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

As far as I know agricultural land (from their web site, the land they are selling seems to be agricultural land and they are promising N.A. certificate soon) cannot be sold in plots of sizes smaller than 0.25 acres in Maharashtra.

Last edited by pjbiju : 4th December 2008 at 11:48.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 12:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well, 1096 sq feet is sufficent for a small G+1 structure. Nothing lavish of course. However, you really ought to look at the logic of purchasing this small plot in a place like Kasara. Most of these schemes end up being a waste. You can never truly use it like a holiday home. Maintainence and petty robberies are a bane. Far better to keep off these projects dude.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 15:52   #4
BHPian

Guys, I am not even thinking about building my house in Kasara.

Just wanted to gauge the authenticity of the whole scheme. Imagine paying 2.18lakhs in interest free EMI and 100% returns after 30 months.

Sound too good to be true.
abdriver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 05:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Abdriver
I do not know where Kasara is or whether buying a 1000 sq feet land there makes sense etc. But this concept of "interest free EMIs" or "0 per cent interest" is nothing but a marketing gimmick. It's done by a lot of marketing people. Nothing is free in this world. The interest is always worked into the price that you pay. If you talk to such marketers that you are interested to buy but would pay in one shot, they would give you a big discount. That discount is nothing but the interest that you would have otherwise paid.
In this particular instance of Eden Plots - I think they are desperate to sell their property and are trying to make their offer more attractive through such schemes.
Price is not what is advertised. Price is what a buyer actually pays and what a seller actually gets. Wait for a few more months and you would find the prices have come down further.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote