Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 10th February 2009, 15:29   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Next when we moved a little further towards the bonnet, it unlocked.

Hmm... time to do the test myself.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 14:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Cell phones use a higher-powered and higher-frequency radio signal (800 MHz and up, whereas your remote locks operate between 300 and 500 MHz).
Bearing this fact in mind, I don't think there is a way by which there could be an interference in the frequencies of two devices (car remote and mobile carrier).
Guys, the frequency range that cellphones work on is the frequency of the carrier wave! i mean it transmits the audible frequency right the human ear is only sensitive to frequencies between 20HZ and 20KHz (i think) so by your explanation all cellphone voice communication is impossible!

Now the only question is if the cellphones we use have speakers and mics that have such a wide sensitivity range so as to receive and emit frequencies that the remote unlocking systems use!

It seems to be possible in theory and if there are three people who have done it successfully it can't be totally crap! I'm going to try this out today, lets see might just work!

OT try this:

take 2 landlines both with tone dialing, put the mic of one against the speaker of the other now dial with the one whose speaker is against the others mic, and cut the phone u dialled from you will notice that the other phone has dialed the same number!

I know its OT but just interesting as the number keys are nothing but tones that dial numbers!

Last edited by speed0mania : 19th February 2009 at 14:42.
speed0mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 14:36   #48
BHPian

I have tried this and have successfully done it on 2 cars. It really works.

On one end I was using Sony Ericson P990i and the one near the car was Nokia N82.
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 15:04   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
OT try this:

take 2 landlines both with tone dialing, put the mic of one against the speaker of the other now dial with the one whose speaker is against the others mic, and cut the phone u dialled from you will notice that the other phone has dialed the same number!

I know its OT but just interesting as the number keys are nothing but tones that dial numbers!
What you saying?! Although of no practical value, I'm gonna try it for sure.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 15:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

it is dtmf if i am not mistaken. this is something which was there in early model casio wrist watches which could store numbers. also mobiles have this
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 15:38   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
it is dtmf if i am not mistaken. this is something which was there in early model casio wrist watches which could store numbers. also mobiles have this
almost all previous gen mobiles had the DTMF functionality..
check this link for more details,
Dual-tone multi-frequency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote