Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 21:45   #1891
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 464
Thanked: 174 Times
Default re: Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetSoni View Post
send a photo with upper teeth and palate
regards
Please have a look at attached photo. Looking forward to your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
but somehow the parents didn't follow up.
Sorry we couldn't follow up with you due to personal reasons. Your valuable opinion is still welcome.

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd May 2014 at 08:53. Reason: Removing attachment
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 13:07   #1892
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Guys I need some help here. My mother has led a very active life and is still very active even at 67 yrs of age. Lately in the last 3 years we noticed her movements becoming slower. Gradually she started developing pain in her hands and loss of strength specifically while signing and writing. We took her to a physician who mentioned that she may be suffering from Parkinson's and advised some medicines like medopar (this she is continuing currently for the last 2 years). Post that we took her to a neurologist who confirmed that she is indeed suffering from Parkinson's but a very mild one and kept the medicines same. Due to the medicines, she is fine till the effect and then the pain subsides again. In the last 3 months her hands are feeling better but her left leg has started painting very badly so much so that at the beginning of every movement involving her leg she literally has to drag it to start. She compares the stiffness in her thigh to be as if it is full of rocks. Normally the pain starts every night at around 3 am and lasts way into the morning. I have also got her started on to some Ayurvedic medicines last month but we are yet to see any improvements. She is very strong willed but lately I am seeing her getting a little nervous and upset since she is having trouble walking. She still does a lot of house work as the doctor suggested that she should be active.
I hope some one on this forum can help me by suggesting / recommending some doctor / treatment which can help her. I am based at Delhi.
storme'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 14:11   #1893
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 3,360 Times
Default re: Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations

Quote:
=storme'd;3418615Post that we took her to a neurologist who confirmed that she is indeed suffering from Parkinson's but a very mild one and kept the medicines same.
Who is that Guy.? Could you pls name him.?

Waseem
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 15:28   #1894
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

His name is Dr Agarwal and he is based at CR Park.
storme'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 14:10   #1895
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 464
Thanked: 174 Times
Default re: Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations

Member VineetSoni's abrupt silence after car-dent's interjection on the hitherto on-going case about my son's dental problem seem to indicative certain negative impression about me. So let me just clarify that I am not a free loader. The reason we did not go back to car-dent's wife was that my wife was not comfortable with her. This is not to say that she was unprofessional. After that treatment with car-dent's wife we went to our regular dentist at Ghaziabad. We trust them, just that physical distance is a bit of an impediment for frequent visits.
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 17:16   #1896
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,397
Thanked: 841 Times
Default re: Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations

Does Nucoxia help in reducing fluid accumulation that gets developed due to a sports related injury?
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 21:03   #1897
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Hi Guite
First of all i was not able to reply as i was very busy with my clinics works. I am sorry for the late reply. As for ur kid the upper arch sems to be fine in the picture all though clinical observation might differ.

I will give you the detailed answer what can be done according to x rays and photograph tomorrow.
VineetSoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 22:16   #1898
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Guys I need some help here. My mother has led a very active life and is still very active even at 67 yrs of age. Lately in the last 3 years we noticed her movements becoming slower. Gradually she started developing pain in her hands and loss of strength specifically while signing and writing. We took her to a physician who mentioned that she may be suffering from Parkinson's and advised some medicines like medopar (this she is continuing currently for the last 2 years). Post that we took her to a neurologist who confirmed that she is indeed suffering from Parkinson's but a very mild one and kept the medicines same. Due to the medicines, she is fine till the effect and then the pain subsides again. In the last 3 months her hands are feeling better but her left leg has started painting very badly so much so that at the beginning of every movement involving her leg she literally has to drag it to start. She compares the stiffness in her thigh to be as if it is full of rocks. Normally the pain starts every night at around 3 am and lasts way into the morning. I have also got her started on to some Ayurvedic medicines last month but we are yet to see any improvements. She is very strong willed but lately I am seeing her getting a little nervous and upset since she is having trouble walking. She still does a lot of house work as the doctor suggested that she should be active.
I hope some one on this forum can help me by suggesting / recommending some doctor / treatment which can help her. I am based at Delhi.

Can someone help me put here. Seriously don't know what to so.
storme'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 08:11   #1899
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,749
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default re: Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations

I am having a bit of underarm rashes from swimming in the pool. Have been applying Candid cream, but not much relief. Any other suggestions from specialists?
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 11:53   #1900
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations

[quote=Guite;3413235]Please have a look at attached photo. Looking forward to your response.


In my opinion if kid doesn't have any signs of pain, nothing should be done for the him as he has delayed growth spurt and his teeth should automatically appear in another year or so by 8 he should be fine. Patient and parents need to focus on maintaining good cleaning, oral hygiene and have diet modification because there is only so much one can do for growth spurt delay.
Having said that if aesthetics is a concern or if pt has pain , then we can take him to OT and do pulpectomy for anterior and regularly monitor the patient and as soon as we see that tooth is ready to come out then we remove the metapex (the filling) from inside and let nature take its call.

Last edited by VineetSoni : 30th April 2014 at 12:01.
VineetSoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 14:35   #1901
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 464
Thanked: 174 Times
Default re: Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetSoni View Post
In my opinion if kid doesn't have any signs of pain, nothing should be done for the him as he has delayed growth spurt and his teeth should automatically appear in another year or so by 8 he should be fine. Patient and parents need to focus on maintaining good cleaning, oral hygiene and have diet modification because there is only so much one can do for growth spurt delay.
Thanks a lot Vineet for the reassurance. Our regular dentist also advised along similar lines. Its me the father who is worried that the decayed teeth will not fall off naturally and thereby hinder growth of new teeth. There is no pain. Aesthetic is not an issue with him or with us the parents.

Cheers,
Guite
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 17:09   #1902
BHPian
 
car-dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 130
Thanked: 21 Times
Default re: Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations

Guite, no hard feelings bro. Patients do have their own comfort level with different doctors.
I didn't intervene to create any negative impression about you or anything, i just recognised the photographs as seen before so i commented.
As far as i remember , your kid requires some comprehensive treatment along with a consultation with an orthodontist also as there is vertical discrepancy as well a class 3 tendency and the lower teeth were directly touching the upper anterior root stumps. So he might require some growth modulation. All that is not seen in the photographs or the xrays that you have posted. Thats is the reason i posted that there is much more to this case than what is evident in the photographs, and some online suggestions may be misleading in this case and you may get a feeling of false reassurance.
cheers and all the best.
Dr. Gaurav.
car-dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 17:21   #1903
BHPian
 
Pferdestarke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 403
Thanked: 492 Times
Default re: Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I am having a bit of underarm rashes from swimming in the pool. Have been applying Candid cream, but not much relief. Any other suggestions from specialists?
How do the rashes look? Any raised margins? Do you have itching sensation at the lesions?
Pferdestarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 18:50   #1904
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,749
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default re: Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
How do the rashes look? Any raised margins? Do you have itching sensation at the lesions?
Not single single dotted rashes, but an area of raised plateau, approx 1.5 inch square. No itch right from the beginning, but I'm feeling burning sensation all the time and very mild pain.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 19:19   #1905
BHPian
 
Pferdestarke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 403
Thanked: 492 Times
Default re: Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Not single single dotted rashes, but an area of raised plateau, approx 1.5 inch square. No itch right from the beginning, but I'm feeling burning sensation all the time and very mild pain.
Try Butenafine/Terbinafine creams (these are better than clotrimazole). Apply the cream thoroughly over lesions twice a day for at least 15 days. If the burning sensation is too much to bear with, you can apply betamethasone dipropionate 0.05% cream. Keep the lesioned area dry and clean.
Pferdestarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations arjyamaj Shifting gears 241 17th October 2017 18:24
Calling Networking and Server specialists! Red Liner Gadgets, Computers & Software 29 24th October 2015 12:47
Why do doctors make us wait for Hours? Daewood Shifting gears 22 23rd September 2011 21:36
Benign or malign cancers - doctors or 'been there' patients pls advice... gbpscars Shifting gears 16 29th July 2009 16:38
Any Veterinary Doctors on TBHP? - please help MillionSwords Shifting gears 13 18th March 2009 12:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks