Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 19th April 2005, 14:24   #1
BHPian

Default Team Bhp Rally - Lets Make A Difference

Hey guys... particularly the Moderators... how about a Team BHp Rally....

I am talking something really BIG.. something that brings Team BHP on to the limelight....

we could look at something like a Cross-Mumbai Rally.... if you want to keep it small or if you want to really make it large....say a PAN INDIA... say Kochi - Kashmir ..... relay rally.. something on the lines of the olympic flame...

cmon guys.. think bout it.... we have presence all over it India.... time we did something about this big wide membership..... something constructive... say a Charity Fund Raiser.......

I frankly could go on n on... but would rather leave the thread open by just saying.....

"We are different.. so lets make a difference!!"

Cheers
vivaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2005, 14:36   #2
BHPian

Hey now thats a fresh ,innovative and a good idea..me IN
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2005, 15:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

i will do the ankola road and NH17 leg of the relay.

and the flame will burn on Dom's brew.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2005, 15:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yeah this is a really good idea. But it needs all the effort on part of the moderators and the members as well. If something like this happens ... im definately in.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2005, 15:30   #5
BHPian

Thumbs up

idea sounds nice. but it will require a lot of planning and hard work. cause is also nice. i am game.
adilshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2005, 15:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

i too am game but this would require a lot of planning and organising as mentioned above.
mods....you listening????
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2005, 15:47   #7
BHPian

oh yeah planning and organizing is going to be a full time job for whoever is planning to organize this.

plus for a pan india thingey, i would think atleast 4 people would need to put in something like 75-100 hours each to make it happen.

in case there are more people interested, i wouldnt mind being part of the "organizing group"

so there, the mods have their first volunteer ;-)
rahulmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2005, 16:03   #8
BHPian

Count me in.. I can help on the organisational front by being a weekend volunteer.. Weekdays, unfortunately, my job takes me all over the country/abroad..
nitinbhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2005, 16:31   #9
BHPian

hey vivaid this is a great idea...! I am also in for this, infact... I love to help the mods to organize the whole thing also...! Mods please state your views on this....!
jigarmuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2005, 16:36   #10
BHPian

Ever since I first logged on, this site has never failed to impress me each time.. but today... after seeing the responses to this thread today.. .....

I AM FLOOOORED.....

So Mods.... Await your inputs... and then we can work on the modalities of getting this ball rolling.....

Cheers....
Old 19th April 2005, 18:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

vivaid,
why dont you tell us more on how do you see this thing happening.maybe then all of us can think something about it.

satya
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2005, 18:23   #12
BHPian

quite a few options actually... but i'll stick to
1) Dream Rally
2) Practical Rally

1) Dream Rally : A relay sorta thing .... pan India.... start from say a kochi... traverse the length and breadth of the country.. in relay mode... i.e. each BHPian drives for certain distance... hands over a "............." (somthing like an olympic flame".. to the next driver... and so on and so forth...

Points to note :
1) Pan India
2) Each BHPian Participates
3) each does his bit without having to spend too much time/disruption of normal life
4) Practicality ???
5) Requires co-ordination
6) Time : totally dependant on how we plan... around 3-4 days min.

2) Practical Rally : Choose a city and a date..... do a similar thing... but a version accordingly scaled down......

Alternatively... do a mega version.... form a chain of vehicles... a convoy..... the BIGGEST... LONGEST... CO-ORDINATED CONVOY... say on a Sunday....

If I were to take a mumbai Example.. 2 streams.. one from Dahisar check naka.. the other from Thane check naka... both converge at Mahim/dadar/BKC... and go all the way to Nariman Pt.. ONE SINGLE LONG CONVOY OF CARS... all with the TEAM BHP LOGOS........

Depending upon the regional concentration that we have.. we can hold similar events across cities....

Adequate Publicity.. sponsorships.. can make this event a HITTTTT.....

THINK ABOUT IT GUYS... and Mods.... await ur response please...

Cheers
Old 19th April 2005, 20:13   #13
BANNED

dude this is awsome...sound intresting..i wanna be a part of it..i am in..anytime..before july..cause i am leaving abroad for my master's.
freakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2005, 00:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

Common mods...have you read this thread yet. This is something really worth taking a serious look at.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2005, 00:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Moderators are conspicuous by their absence on this post...

That said, its no joke to organize such an event - if we start planning now, we could probably hope to run it by the year end. The point is - how many people are committed to it, and does the commitment translate into responsibility? Its very easy to TALK about these things, but it would take serious effort from a core group of people to really make this happen.

I will commit to participating and spending off-site time on the planning part. It would make more sense to have a pan-india or a part-of-india effort with co-ordinators appointed for each leg.

I hope we're not going to drive for world peace or national integration. Lets lay off the bull**** and if it means making news about TBHP lets not hide behind some nonsensical mission statement.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote