Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 21st April 2005, 16:42   #16
BHPian

well i have a ford f 150 RC truck... battery powered....540 class motor... hey we should have a drag with these little ones sumtime... it would be gr8 fun
cheers
xstream_nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2005, 16:44   #17
BHPian

i spent the last one hour searching. I just cant make my mind. All i wanted was a toy micro RC car. then there was this micro RCcar by XMODS that had a whole lot of upgradable parts including a stage 3 motor upgrade!!! that costs about 50$

i am all confused. guess i'll pay a visit to toys kemp next week and then decide. WOW getting a RC car is as difficult to choose as a real one i guess!!!
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2005, 16:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
i spent the last one hour searching. I just cant make my mind. All i wanted was a toy micro RC car. then there was this micro RCcar by XMODS that had a whole lot of upgradable parts including a stage 3 motor upgrade!!! that costs about 50$

i am all confused. guess i'll pay a visit to toys kemp next week and then decide. WOW getting a RC car is as difficult to choose as a real one i guess!!!

hey if budget is not a isue for you you could give this a try
it's a Tamiya RC GP TNX Pro Racing Edition (TGM03) nitro powered... costs abt 800 us$
http://www.tamiyausa.com/

cheers
Old 21st April 2005, 16:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
trust me bro ..the XMOD ones are wicked fun ... u can convert them into AWD cars and what not ...get the supra or the skyline ... u'll love them .. i know they are small but still man ..they are worth it ..u cant get the body kits and vinyls ..its like ur NFS garage\man !
next on the list for me has to be the nitro motor ..

Last edited by turbo_lover : 21st April 2005 at 16:55.
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2005, 16:59   #20
BHPian

the xmod micro rc can take a nitro engine? i saw the list of mods available. more than what i could get for my GTX here i think

i love those wheels its got. looked awsome. i would go for the black skyline. it was killer. i also saw this monster trucks by zip zap again micro RCs.

i'll pbly decide by EOD today. but its gonna burn a really big hole in my wallet. heck i am being paid less than 10$ a day here! time to pack up my bags and head to the states i think. man i am really frustrated now!
Old 21st April 2005, 17:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

nahhh ..only battery powered motor ..which can be upstaged ..
dont get the zip zap ones they r the size of hot wheel cars .. no fun .. but xmods are worth buying ...50$ in states is cheaper than canada (is 72 dollars plus 15% tax) ...but the mods will rippp u off !!
Old 21st April 2005, 17:19   #22
BHPian

hey turbo_lover how big are the xmod cars? arent they the same size as the hot wheels cars? i was searching for micro RC cars and thatz how came up with their link...

the mrp for the xmod cars on their website is 49.99$

check out
http://www.xmodsrc.com/catalog/
Old 21st April 2005, 17:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

hey harrie you should get a nice nitro rc car. starts at around 200us$ worth it. speeds of 50mph!!!! comes witha CUSTOM EXHAUST
way cool..get skyline,porsche,saleen,etc. awesome stuff
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2005, 17:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

harrie - the XMODS RC's are around 5 -6 inches long give or take ..
and helll they have wicked new models ..NSX , 350Z and the stang and no more sh!t yellow skyline ! ..
..zip zaps are too small for any detail .. you'll get bored of them ..

iceman - are the nitro skylines on a site ?? www.traxxas.com specified by Khaadu has a nitro rc which tops at 62mph .. i couldnt figure out the retail though .. 200$ aint bad.. i paid 180 canadian for the supra ...
Old 21st April 2005, 17:39   #25
BHPian

I just read the XMOD car's user manual. Man they really rock. And for 2500 INR they are not bad at all. I am thinking of ordering a black skyline completely stock as of now. Once i get bored with it i can upgrade the motor! wow this is the closest i can get to real life performance upgrades!!!

and beat this it even lets yuo adjust tie rods and suspension. wow this is really good. i'll order it on monday i think.

ICE i am just getting into RC cars. Getting into nitros right away will spoil the fun right besides i cant afford that now.
Old 21st April 2005, 17:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

hehehe easy boy !!

you sound like a 7 year old opening his birthday present ..

yeah i know everything can be upgraded on it ..wheels.rims body kits ..from 2WD to AWD aswell ..

..i suggest order the parts along with car man . or else you will end up paying extra for shipping again .,. modd it later when you are bored ..(which will last 24 hours is my guess )

oye ! get something else ..black skyline is mine !!!!
Old 21st April 2005, 17:54   #27
BHPian

sure will do that!

drool there is a 30,000 rpm motor, drift kit and even body kits!!! man i am lovin this. would cost me a 100$ totally but i am gonna splurge i think! i'll soon have the meanest skyline AWD with 4 sets of tires for different tracks. boy oh boy
Old 21st April 2005, 17:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sure will do that!

drool there is a 30,000 rpm motor, drift kit and even body kits!!! man i am lovin this. would cost me a 100$ totally but i am gonna splurge i think! i'll soon have the meanest skyline AWD with 4 sets of tires for different tracks. boy oh boy

oh u forgot the graphics !!and they have neons aswell i think or head light upgrades .,..either one ofthe 2 or both ...
Old 21st April 2005, 18:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

hey guys i am planning to get one of these what say:
http://www.ktmodels.org/html/nitro_r...5_includi.html
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2005, 18:25   #30
BHPian

hey ICEMAN.... is this another one of your suprises....
well some of these nitro ones can do in excess of 60mph...!!
well i am still stuck with my ford F150 .... will be upgrading mine to a nitro one in sumtime....
hey ICE would't mind to drag my nitro with yours....
cheers