Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 20th January 2009, 13:23   #1
BHPian

Exclamation Bakhoors in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai

May be the question would sound strange or not the right place to post.

I'm looking for Bakhoor in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai.

Its basically a scented bricks or woodchips soaked in fragrant oils and mixed with other natural ingredients used for home fragrance.

These scented chips/bricks are burned in charcoal or incense burners to perfume the house and clothing with the fragrance rich thick smoke.

Does anyone knows which shops in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai keeps it and where exactly I can find it?

Thanks...
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 14:10   #2
BHPian

Rudrah, Mumbai there are places, and dealers where you could get them, but the best thing is if you have any contacts in Middle-east, you should get it from there. I dont know how good the bakhoor is in Mumbai, i have a friend who deals in Attar's and Oodh and other scented stuffs, but he is based out of Riyadh. if you have a good knowledge of these products then you should try crawfort market, or colaba at Ajmal Stores but chances are you might get duped with the amount the will ask you.

Bhendi bazaar has a couple of attar shops i will check it out if for you if i happen to be there before it closes.

I am a big fan of these stuffs, specially udh Sticks, cos the smell is good an strong it just does'nt leave you body or your clothes after a shower or two. In fact just recently i have started liking them.

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 20th January 2009 at 14:13.
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 14:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Rudrah, Mumbai there are places, and dealers where you could get them, but the best thing is if you have any contacts in Middle-east, you should get it from there. I dont know how good the bakhoor is in Mumbai, i have a friend who deals in Attar's and Oodh and other scented stuffs, but he is based out of Riyadh. if you have a good knowledge of these products then you should try crawfort market, or colaba at Ajmal Stores but chances are you might get duped with the amount the will ask you.

Bhendi bazaar has a couple of attar shops i will check it out if for you if i happen to be there before it closes.

I am a big fan of these stuffs, specially udh Sticks, cos the smell is good an strong it just does'nt leave you body or your clothes after a shower or two. In fact just recently i have started liking them.
Thanks for the info, Sohail.

Basically my dad will be visiting Yemen and his arab friends had asked about bakhoors in India. they would need around 1kg of bakhoors. I agree with you for the best quality would be at Gulf places only. He wants to gift it to them if needed.

Rightly said about getting duped with the quality and amount asked for it hence bit skeptical gettin it from unknown areas.

If you could get some info on good shops about it will be gr8...Probably in some weekend i would be visiting masjid bunder for some work..so then i can visit those area too if u could suggest some known shops!

Btw...how much these costs?
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 16:22   #4
BHPian

Cost is something i would not know, but yes i can get you the shop details, I believe Ajmal has a wide collection of these stuffs, and Ajmal is opposite Cafe mondegar, Next to the VIP luggage showroom after regal theatre. If you have been to shalimar, the one next to Dongri Fire brigade you wont miss the shops. i believe there are three shops before the Dongri Fire Brigade, at this place quality is one thing you will have to take a look into.

Price i believe vary from their quality.

Ok i have found something for you here ..:: Ajmal India ::..

Just callup and enquire
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 19:37   #5
BANNED

You can also get good Bakhoor/Bukhoor from ZamZam perfumers, located somewhere near Bhendi bazar in MM ALI road or so.

Ajmal is one of the best and expensive too!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote