Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 3rd February 2009, 14:04   #1
BHPian

Default Employment under a Auto Dealer...

Hi folks,

Have a small query-

If I get employed under an authorized dealer of xyz two wheeler company, what are the prospectives of getting hired by any automobile company/manufacturer on the company rolls?

I'm asking this because I've heard from some of my sources that some auto companies/manufacturers do not entertain candidates who've worked under a dealer.

How much of this is true?

Your valuable insights will be very helpful.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Hi folks,

Have a small query-

If I get employed under an authorized dealer of xyz two wheeler company, what are the prospectives of getting hired by any automobile company/manufacturer on the company rolls?

I'm asking this because I've heard from some of my sources that some auto companies/manufacturers do not entertain candidates who've worked under a dealer.

How much of this is true?

Your valuable insights will be very helpful.
Thats right.. generally priniciples dont hire from dealers! This has quite an exceptions though.. like the skill set is in shortage (great demand) / exceptionally meritious track record etc.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:34   #3
BHPian

Hmmm... Thanks Panky!!

Since I'm unemployed at the moment, I thought this can be a channel which can be considered to get into the automotive industry and build my career, specially so because of the slump markets. I know that this industry has scarcity of related talent, so thought that this may be a worthwhile attempt.
But, am still very very perplexed
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote