Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 16th November 2009, 16:51   #166
Team-BHP Support

Today I'd been to the Movie Theater and watched '2012' (Don't ask, it was long and tiresome). There was a scene in which a number of exotic sports cars and super-cars (Lamborghinis and Bentleys and Ferraris) were parked in the cargo compartment of a massive aircraft. While landing, the cargo door was opened on purpose and all the cars were thrown out before the aircraft could come to a halt! The gruesome sight of exotic cars turned into exotic scrap metal was not appreciated by me and I made it quite obvious in a theater packed with people! I seemed o care about the cars more than the people dying in the movie!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 17:39   #167
BHPian

one more, you keep noticing your car from different angles if you are standing out have a having a tea or coffee with friends and cant get enough!!!
911varun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 10:38   #168
BHPian

when you do a google search on out how to destroy your neighbour's Innova creatively..the one who bangs into your car while carelessly reversing...(A bottle of sulphuric acid down the exhaust anyone?)
d_himan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 17:08   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911varun View Post
one more, you keep noticing your car from different angles if you are standing out have a having a tea or coffee with friends and cant get enough!!!
So True.... I am also extremely paranoid about my car. I know I have locked it. Every 2 hours or less - I will go out and check if she is still standing as I had left her. If I cant do it and am held up, I bother the guard / my colleagues to check and tell me.

I even used my new dupatta to remove some dirt from my car :-| the other day - without thinking twice

I park, then sometimes look around and if I dont like the area (read filthy, too dark), I take out the car and look again for anothr parking space.

I never give Valet, even if it means I have to walk some distance; They always will be keen to increase throttle and check the sound. NO VALET FOR ME.

I am a pain but I am lucky as I have a hubby who is a car crazed madcap like me - so we never need to apologise to one another for being a pain

Once I said sorry to my car when I accidentally had to go over a speed breaker - and my boss gave me weird stares - and said that;s just a car

Well you win some and lose some - But my baby rules any time - all the time
SowmyaHariharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 19:27   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SowmyaHariharan View Post
I even used my new dupatta to remove some dirt from my car :-| the other day - without thinking twice
Once I said sorry to my car when I accidentally had to go over a speed breaker - and my boss gave me weird stares - and said that;s just a car
Wow! that is exactly what i have done once, well i dont wear a dupatta, but there was this small speck of dirt on my windshield and i was driving. It was in my line of vision and bothered me. So i pulled over, and wiped it off with my T-shirt as i had no time to get the cloth from the trunk! I am paranoid about keeping the car clean!
I have apologized to my car when i land her in pot holes/ speed brakers too. But that was on only 1/2 occasions. I also kiss my car every time i park her at work/home/anywhere. I treat my car literally like a baby, after all she is my first love!
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 19:36   #171
BHPian

i think we all have some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder :-)
well that explains why we are on tbhp!!
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 19:39   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Today I'd been to the Movie Theater and watched '2012' (Don't ask, it was long and tiresome). There was a scene in which a number of exotic sports cars and super-cars (Lamborghinis and Bentleys and Ferraris) were parked in the cargo compartment of a massive aircraft. While landing, the cargo door was opened on purpose and all the cars were thrown out before the aircraft could come to a halt! The gruesome sight of exotic cars turned into exotic scrap metal was not appreciated by me and I made it quite obvious in a theater packed with people! I seemed o care about the cars more than the people dying in the movie!
I think (or rather hope) those aren't real supercars. Just CGI or some maybe old bodyshells of them.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 23:26   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i think we all have some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder :-)
well that explains why we are on tbhp!!
Exactly, tbhp is all about obsession with cars.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 21:19   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I think (or rather hope) those aren't real supercars. Just CGI or some maybe old bodyshells of them.
Buddy, if they were to actually dump those super cars from the aircraft those movie guys are gonna end up with unnecessarily huge production costs.Imagine dumping 100k for just a single shot.Rest assured the cars are bound to be fakes/replicas or just body shells.
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 02:06   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Buddy, if they were to actually dump those super cars from the aircraft those movie guys are gonna end up with unnecessarily huge production costs.Imagine dumping 100k for just a single shot.Rest assured the cars are bound to be fakes/replicas or just body shells.
Most of 2012 was computer graphics. There is no way they could have used a real Antonov to fly low over snow fields and then dropped supercars at random. But what awsome graphics !!!!!
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 10:50   #176
BHPian

All the Points which are stated- I felt as if it was about me.

Well Writen,- also one more point

A single strach on say door gives u a night mare if is not removed by Rubbing as complete door needs to be painted.

It's really a lot of efforts & Will needed to be a car Enthusiast by Passion.

Very nice Thread

Thanks
anupam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 11:33   #177
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy It sucks being an car enthusiast

It sucks being an car enthusiast because nobody understands us.
For instance, my cousin sister asked me to babysit my niece for a few hours.
My niece is around 3 years old, she was pestering me all the time to teach her alphabets which she is just beginning to learn.
To tell the truth, I am sick and tired of A for Apple and B for Ball, so I made up a new chart like this.

A for Awesome Car
B for Beautiful Car
C for Care for your Car
D for Dude wheres my Car?
E for Easy to drive Car
F for Fast Car
G for Great Car
H for Hyper Car
I for Intelligent Car
J for Joyful Car
K for Kit Car
L for Love your Car
M for Modified Car
N for New Car
O for Old Car
P for Performance Car
Q for Quiet Car
R for Race Car
S for Super Car
T for Turbocharged Car
U for Use your Car
V for Vintage Car
W for Wonderful Car
X for Xciting Car (I was unable to find an adjective)
Y for Yellow Car
Z for Zero Emissions Car

When my sis came back and saw this, she was furious with what I was teaching my niece. She also promised me she will never ask me babysit again (well atleast something good came of this).
That the reason why it sucks being an Car Enthusiast, nobody understands us.
speedmiester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 11:42   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SowmyaHariharan View Post
So True.... I am also extremely paranoid about my car. I know I have locked it. Every 2 hours or less - I will go out and check if she is still standing as I had left her. If I cant do it and am held up, I bother the guard / my colleagues to check and tell me.

I park, then sometimes look around and if I dont like the area (read filthy, too dark), I take out the car and look again for anothr parking space.

I never give Valet, even if it means I have to walk some distance; They always will be keen to increase throttle and check the sound. NO VALET FOR ME.

I am a pain but I am lucky as I have a hubby who is a car crazed madcap like me - so we never need to apologise to one another for being a pain

Well you win some and lose some - But my baby rules any time - all the time
I agree with quite a lot of what you have put here.

I have to scout the area several times before i think of parking the car to ensure no one even gets the emotest chance of touchin it/ scratching it etc

On weekends, I get to waxing my car and all the other beauty treatment thant the guards etc think I am mad. And my wife doesnt understand at times why it takes me around 2 - 3 hours. She always tells me to get the car cleaner to do it.

But then again would a car cleaner understand the level of detail we require. FOr that I would have to hire a guy just for my car alone
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 11:49   #179
BHPian

When I ride my friends bikes I almost end up working on them tightening the brakes, checking oil level and many a times getting the oil changed. My friends know my weakness and am many times "invited" to ride their bikes.
motorpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 11:50   #180
BHPian

Default Please Please Help!! :o(

I got two small dents( around 5cm & 2cm)on my car back-to-back on Monday and Tuesday, one on the rear right door and the other on the dikky door.

I've not been sleeping properly for the past 4days. When I checked with the garage guys, they said both the doors has to be repainted which I wouldn't want do on a 7month old car, also the cost seems to be touching 8k which I couldn't afford at this moment.

I'm in a state of sorrow, whenever I look my baby with these wounds, my heart just pains, and as I type this post it still keeps hurting. Any suggestion guys?

Last edited by CliffHanger : 5th March 2010 at 11:57.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote