Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 3rd July 2010, 23:33   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post

Worst of all, when someone parks close to your car and his door touches your car while he tries to squiggle out in the narrow place.
What would you do when an incredibly beautiful woman does it? Most would just keep away, right?

Not us, though. It happened to me and I gave her a mouthful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
It sucks being an enthusiasts who's in his early 20s because you know that when you can finally afford your dream car 10-15 years (or more) down the line, you might have to run it on cabbage or cauliflower or something similar!
Same boat mate. Hate to think of it.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 23:55   #197
BHPian

An incident which happened few days ago, I take immense care about my ride, never let anyone mess with it. Recently my dad had to take my car out for some reason. He is a great driver but then, while reversing the car out of our parking gate, He hit something parked right in front of my gate and my tail lamp broke :(
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 00:27   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra.vw View Post
What sucks?
Well, it happened to me yesterday. I got my car washed in a service station and on the way home- yes- it rained. That sure sucks. The kind of traffic we have in Bangalore, we donít have to look far to find what sucks. The traffic sucks.
I always thought it happens only with me, whenever I get my car washed, it rains! But I guess I'm not alone. Murphy's Law at work eh?

In the evening yesterday, I just pulled out my car from the parking lot of urvashi theatre to join the main road, a two wheeler (and I dont know why are they always in a hurry) brushed with my side view mirror. I could only shout at him and the traffic was so bad that I couldn't do anything. He simply rode on the footpath and escaped.

Adding to my agony, got a slight dent on the right hand side just below the tail lamp, god knows how it happened.

Trying to find some parking space, definitely sucks!
rohitkadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 19:14   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
These are just some personal stray thoughts on a lazy afternoon at work.
Were you thinking about your car dreamily just before you made this post?

Does anyone notice how so many of our issues revolve around how badly our girlfriends/wives/lovers and, in my case mother & sister as well, react to our cars just because we'd rather spend time washing & waxing it lovingly than accompanying them on their day-long shopping excursions? It used to drive my mother crazy. Now she refuses to ride in the car with me because of all the "do this" "don't do that" "be careful" warnings I keep uttering.
sanjeev.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 19:39   #200
BANNED

Hi all, tell you my story
1) learnt the ' language' of Auto walas at the age of 4 . Reason ? liked to watch the auto's being washed. Result : friends in collage feared me when I used it ( Ocassionaly )
2) One fine morning my 4 yr. old called me Bhangarwala ( a Scrap dealer ) oh friends always call something similler.
Isn't life Beautiful ? couldn't be Without cars
Yours Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 20:05   #201
BHPian

Even when you know you dont have enough money to buy another car / bike - You still end up digging up team-bhp in search of that perfect car, that perfect diesel rocket.

If you in India and got no chances of going abroad to earn money, you dream of owing an EVO someday inspite of the fact that its not gonna happen (anytime soon)

An underpowered (aka city hatch) car - you would spend time, money and patience to modify it.
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 10:58   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
It sucks being car enthusiasts when we realise that:
Our family hasn't had a Heath Check-up for years but the CAR goes to the Service Station every six months without fail.
How true? I maintain a meticulous list of things which need to be attended to - about my car and bike () - but when it comes to minor things related to our (family) health, we treat it is common occurrence! Don't even pay the mandatory visit to the doc - wait for three days to see whether it aggravates or recedes...
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 15:15   #203
BHPian

Believe it or not, images from the thread "PICs of weird and wacky mod jobs" appeared in my dream last night.

For non-auto-enthusiasts, Ghosts would be the worst nightmares. But for us?

Last edited by ch.nathan : 8th July 2010 at 15:17.
ch.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 16:04   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

My brother scraped the i20 within a couple of weeks from delivery. I died a thousand deaths. Now the same has happened with the Beemer, this time Dad, although its's a really small nick. I'm already through with about 500 deaths, and going strong. Can't even say anything, they're not my cars!
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 21:41   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
My brother scraped the i20 within a couple of weeks from delivery. I died a thousand deaths. Now the same has happened with the Beemer, this time Dad, although its's a really small nick. I'm already through with about 500 deaths, and going strong. Can't even say anything, they're not my cars!
Living in Mumbai, you know very well, that these scratches do happen. I have observed almost all the vehicles do have some scratches. Even if you do not use and keep in your compound, children while playing scratch the same with their cycles or some sharp objects. Way of living and Way of owning the vehicle! In Mumbai we should include these costs also to cost of ownership.
gururaj r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 22:54   #206
BHPian

don't tell me that sir, because being a Delhiite and frequent visitor to Mumbai i so much admire the impeccable clean and scratchfree cars all around me on the road, as the people there are so sensible compared to my city (unfortunately). My UVA is not a year old and i dont know from where the scratches appear! because i am the only driver of this car and i know where it has hit or not throughout the day. Some scratches are even caused by envious neighbors i believe and not the kids, as i dont have carelessly wandering children anymore in our neighborhood, poor children have all been victimised by the the competition hungry school sytem, homework, computer and what not!
pradeep-ivon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 23:12   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Gururaj : They were parking speed incidents in our own parking spots, error of judgement ! Sigh.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 08:03   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
To add to that perspective, on a rainy day, with my ORVM covered in little drops and decreasing visibility, I took a turn a little too tight, and scraped the edge of a truck that came to a sudden standstill.

This was day 30 of the Figo and I had already damaged the metal panelling. Now I spend my days, hurting every time I look at the scrape. Can't wait to get it fixed, but hopefully time will heal the damage, both to the card and to me...
prabh1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 16:22   #209
BHPian

Its pain to love your car or bike soo much ( living in India), cause not many understand. Considering the small kids in the apartment, crazy drivers on the road, dirt and potholes on the road, filthy parking areas, unruly neighbourhood. Aches when i need to hit roads like that.

The best time for me and my car is when i get it out of a service. Boy the satisfaction.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 17:18   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Its pain to love your car or bike soo much ( living in India), cause not many understand. Considering the small kids in the apartment, crazy drivers on the road, dirt and potholes on the road, filthy parking areas, unruly neighbourhood. Aches when i need to hit roads like that.

The best time for me and my car is when i get it out of a service. Boy the satisfaction.
to maintain a car in chennai is difficult! if you are able to drive a new car without a single scratch for first 6 months! then you can pat your own back.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote