Old 15th April 2007, 21:48   #106
elf
BANNED

Bring it on baby B33M3R, bring it on!
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 00:39   #107
BHPian

Hi BEEM3R,

One of the most touching auto "love story" I have ever come across & one that defines the spirit of team-bhp..love for automobiles! Must have been damn hard for you to let your GTi go..

Look forward to 2nd part of the story..

Cheers
Ash
AshOnTheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 05:52   #108
BHPian

great write up BEEM3R, i can totally relate to it. i too had a car (an 1996 Jeep cherokee 4x4) which was used by me for 3 years (200,000miles in 3yrs!!!) till it met with an unfortunate accident and car was written off :(
cheap_deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 08:54   #109
BHPian

How about some co passenger's mobile rings, they start talking, they try and press all buttons to lower down the volume on your ICE.

Last edited by compenn : 17th April 2007 at 08:59.
compenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 23:36   #110
BHPian

sometimes to tell you the truth it really does p**s me off too thinking about all of this about my car!
mrstyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 20:47   #111
Team-BHP Support

you buy a new car and is stuck in a city where you cant even break in those new tyres
cant use 4th or 5th gear for long
your out of town trip has to be canceled
TBHP meet is a miss coz of guests!!

You sulck whole week... and on the plus side, ur wife pulls you out of the house and buy you beer and garlic chicken over lunch and makes another plan for a long drive
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 22:18   #112
Team-BHP Support

Another reason: Traffic cops and wardens have been so used to lousy roads that they dont feel any different expecting all cars to use that horrible excuse of a side road - even if there's a better one off the traffic signal

Last edited by theMAG : 22nd April 2007 at 22:19.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 03:14   #113
BHPian

Here are a couple of fresh ones:

1. You dread the day a.s.s for your car would not be available...you would neither be able to sell your call (for the love), nor be able to use it (I am saying this because I drive a Palio GTX)

2. You prefer to walk through parking lots whenever it is an option because it is the 'scenic route'
vipul_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 19:17   #114
Senior - BHPian

Have to take 2 days off to sit with my bike to get it serviced .Never can leave it alone with someone or mech .And when i tell ppl i take leave to get bike serviced ,they make their face as if they are in a state of shock !

My helmet to be under my office desk and not on the bike even though we have a very good security. Just now someone in office asked my 2.5 year old Gp one helmet ..."It is a new helmet ! "

Last edited by black12rr : 1st June 2007 at 19:25.
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 16:01   #115
Senior - BHPian

Add to the list:
- You mentally discard anyone who doesn't think much of the condition of your vehicle - which is anyway in pristine condition. (Any of you challenge that ?)
- You spend hours on a Sunday morning bringing your beast back to the show room condition.
- You allow your family members to trot off for a walk of the tourist site that you badly wanted to see b'coz you wanted to stay with the precious vehicle in a strange place.
- Any guy wandering close to your vehicle appears to be a shady,nefarious character. You check antecedents thrice before declaring him/her a auto lover.
- You wake up at least twice a night to take a look at your vehicle when parked under your balcony in the colony.
- You wake up in a cold sweat just dreaming about having to take your perfectly running beast to the ASC for a regular service !
- You ignore your family members but need to take the perfect picture of your beast with great and historic monuments/sites as a backdrop !
- Your family hates you for planning trips with the capabilities and comfort of the beast as the determining factor - " I am not sure whether I'd want to come there, you see there are no authorised service station/s enroute !" or "I am not flying, we can easily drive down to Jhumritalaiyya!"
- You always talk to the beast.
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 03:00   #116

I know this is an old thread, but it's absolutely brilliant. I have a few to add here:

1 - You park your car, walk towards your destination only to turn around and notice that leaving your car parked like that makes you feel uneasy. So you return to re park it and make sure that no part of your vehicle is sticking out towards the road beyond the car behind you/ahead of you.

2 - You absolutely hate having other people sit in the drivers seat because it makes you feel like they have changed something, be it the seating, mirrors, whatever. But, you continue to spend about 5 minutes adjusting the CRM until it's "perfect"

3 - When a motorcycle/cycle hits your ORVM and continues to drive off like nothing happened it makes your blood boil. To the point that you will or are tempted to chase after him and let out a whole monologue full of vile language, accusations, and incessant questioning.
DayTripperGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 10:08   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTripperGH View Post
I know this is an old thread, but it's absolutely brilliant. I have a few to add here:

1 - You park your car, walk towards your destination only to turn around and notice that leaving your car parked like that makes you feel uneasy. So you return to re park it and make sure that no part of your vehicle is sticking out towards the road beyond the car behind you/ahead of you.

3 - When a motorcycle/cycle hits your ORVM and continues to drive off like nothing happened it makes your blood boil. To the point that you will or are tempted to chase after him and let out a whole monologue full of vile language, accusations, and incessant questioning.

hEY DAYTRIPPER you stole my words..absolutely !!!

Especially the third point.It happen everyday to me and i think i will become a BP patient soon because of this

To add more ,the SHARE AUTOs plying on the chennai roads,i just hate them ,no rules ,no sense they must be out of the roads.
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 10:12   #118
Senior - BHPian

brilliant thread.
like to add to it.. Hate it when your friends Ruin the passenger side ORVM settings which have been carefully set according to your requirement to check out a Chick behind the car
Absolutely hate it when people with car sickness puke in your car!!

Last edited by vinaydas : 22nd March 2009 at 10:14.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 16:03   #119

Oh and one more. When stopped at a red signal, you close any gap around you in which a line of bikers seem to be passing through [somehow it reminds me of a line of ants lol, I don't mean this derogatorily, I just find it humorous that it reminds of that] so that they don't scratch your car.
DayTripperGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 16:45   #120
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

when ..
-- You always spend on something for the car once every month be it a accessory or a visit to the garage just because you want the car just as perfect as it was when it came from the showroom
-- when the whole world and even your head tell's you to get a new car and you listen to your heart and stick with your beloved set of wheels (even when she's 12 years old)
--Your car looks like it's just 3-4 years old when it actually is more than a decade older
--When you put out your hand to show a stop signal every time you slowed down and stop even when you three brake lights(2 standard and the 3rd top mounted)
--how you take to care to park it in such a way that is far as from the road and as close to the egde or footpath so that no one scratches it while driving by
--How you buy new pair of tires for your car even when yor own shoes are torn and worn out.(hey buying new shoes means picking up one which will be comfortable both for walking and driving.)

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 22nd March 2009 at 16:46.
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote