| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|9th February 2009, 18:59||#16|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Back in Mumbai
Thanked: 153 Times
|9th February 2009, 19:58||#19|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: cincinnati, jabalpur,chennai
Thanked: 184 Times
let me see.
1. good car -Done, have a Nissan quest which can comfortably carry my whole family for a long vacation.
2. good family - Done, have a pretty wife and two cute kids. can't ask for more. another 20 years planned for grooming them to a fine human being.
3. good health - done. so far have managed to keep all bad habits and bad food out of my lifestyle. need to get back to gym on a regular basis though.
4. success in life - done. have gone from a backward area to a job in MNC. recession is a harsh reality, but I will get over it. MBA in planning.
5. buy a house (with a lot of customization) - well this will take time. until i am settled i.e.
6. have fun. mostly done. I do adventures, skating on a somewhat regular basis.
7. be a biker (big cruiser) - probably in another 10-12 years when my kids can take care of themselves at home, I will bike again with my wife.
8. be a sniper/weapons expert - will learn once I am not an alien in the country I decide to stay in.
9. be sherlock holmes- done- I do crazy reasoning and deciphering of codes in and outside of work.
10. take out corruption, poverty and terrorism - this needs to wait.
|9th February 2009, 22:58||#23|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanked: 617 Times
|9th February 2009, 23:20||#24|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2007
Thanked: 1,542 Times
If I had 20 more years to go, my to do wishlist will be :
1) Live alone without anyone literally alone.
2) Earn a bit of money to fulfill my need of Roti, Kapda and Makaan.
3) Pray to God a lot to get Moksha, so that I dont have to come back into this world again. Just permanent peace, that all I would like to have.
|9th February 2009, 23:39||#26|
Join Date: Feb 2006
Thanked: 111 Times
My wife questioned about something yest that changed our perception on HOW much we have as compared to others.
Me, wife & kid were driving to mom's place in the evening. I stop for the red light & as usual there are beggars all around.
A woman with a child comes to our car for alms, I usually give change, if I have it. Well, this time I did not & the woman moved on to the next vehicle infront of us.
While looking at this woman, my wife suddenly says to me "Isn't it funny.....(for a moment I don't realise what she is saying)......what decides whether we are here (in the car) or there (in place of that woman)"!!!
Her statement had a massive effect on me since then, & I am counting all my blessings.
But a little wishful thinking never did hurt anyone right ....I wanna Ferrari, Ducati, Tag Heuer.......nahhhh!!!
Last edited by mb_jg : 9th February 2009 at 23:45.
|10th February 2009, 01:47||#27|
Join Date: Jan 2009
1. Good Health.
2. To be able to enjoy this journey called life and be able to smile in all its ups and downs.
3-10. If I can have the above two, I'll manage the rest.
|17th February 2009, 07:12||#28|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North America
Thanked: 4 Times
10 things I want in my life:
|17th February 2009, 13:22||#30|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Thanked: 235 Times
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Silliest Things You've Done With Your (or someone else's) Car||1Maverick||Shifting gears||28||4th May 2011 11:14|