Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 17th February 2009, 13:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Nice Thread Amit! and though I don't have 10 things to do before I bite the dust, these I would love to do it anyways.

1. Have an Own Independent House with a lot of Garage Space and Garden Space.

2. Never Judge People I love and accept them Unconditionally (Have been doing that and hope to maintain the same).

3. Every Year plan to travel one sector of India with friends and family only on ROAD.

4. Participate in any Cross Country Motocross and that too in my own ride

5. Sit in a F1 Car @least for a few minutes if not taking it out on a track which seems too distant a dream but still I dream on

6. Take my "Maverick" to the highest Motorable point in India.

7. I am smitten by Shelby GT and wish to own it one day.

Kudos folks! Dream On and So will I to achieve all the above.

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 17th February 2009 at 13:37.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 00:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 10 things that you want in your life?

took two more items off in 2010. bike and house.

Now off to sniper training and taking out corruption and terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
let me see.

1. good car -Done, have a Nissan quest which can comfortably carry my whole family for a long vacation.
2. good family - Done, have a pretty wife and two cute kids. can't ask for more. another 20 years planned for grooming them to a fine human being.
3. good health - done. so far have managed to keep all bad habits and bad food out of my lifestyle. need to get back to gym on a regular basis though.
4. success in life - done. have gone from a backward area to a job in MNC. recession is a harsh reality, but I will get over it. MBA in planning.
5. buy a house (with a lot of customization) - well this will take time. until i am settled i.e.
6. have fun. mostly done. I do adventures, skating on a somewhat regular basis.
7. be a biker (big cruiser) - probably in another 10-12 years when my kids can take care of themselves at home, I will bike again with my wife.
8. be a sniper/weapons expert - will learn once I am not an alien in the country I decide to stay in.
9. be sherlock holmes- done- I do crazy reasoning and deciphering of codes in and outside of work.
10. take out corruption, poverty and terrorism - this needs to wait.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 13:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 10 things that you want in your life?

Thank you for bringing life back to this thread Vivek. Let me see where am I:

Perhaps, point 2 and point 3. keeping my spouse happy and trying to maintain a healty work-life balance. Rest of the things/wishes are going haywire with the rising inflation and tumbling economy.

I have realized that when we are young (not in terms of age but experience), all our dreams are devoted to financial/material things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Guys,

We love shopping, we love eating out, we even love taking out our cars on long drives with out near and dear ones...What are the top 10 things that you want to do on in your life if you have only 20 years to go.

My things to do list:
  1. Own a house with my hard earned money - Still pending all thanks to rising costs.
  2. Keep my spouse happy - Always (Umm, well almost!) - Well, almost
  3. Enjoy a work-life balance - Certainly.
  4. Have enough savings when I retire - WIP, Buidling up
  5. Buy an Exotic car - Bought a Nano and pretty happy with it! One day, I'll buy an exotic car.
  6. Have a exotic vacation - Next year when my son starts walking.
  7. Do some mud plugging - My wife has requested that we should buy an SUV by next year; so it's on cards.
  8. Go and climb the everest - Well, haven't thought about it in the last 3 year's. Let me cancel this one!
  9. Take a sea tour around the world - In the next 10 years for sure.
  10. Have Pride in myself when I look back - Only time will tell. At this point of time, even if I think I am failing somewhere, my family is happy with the fact that I am providing all the essentials to them. Their happiness is my happiness.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote