Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 2nd October 2015, 16:52   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Are you a PMP (Project Management Professional)

Nice to see a PMP thread in Team BHP. I passed my PMP with 3 P's and 2 MP's in December 2014. My recipe for success is:

1. Enroll for a 35 hour contact class program (I did it with Knowledgewoods. My trainer was a person by name of Nitin. He explained every concept in detail and prep notes provided was useful till the very end).

A classroom coaching really helps to get a feel of what is in store for the next 2 months for your PMP prep.

Next steps:

1. Read Rita Mulcahy 8th edition - 1 days per chapter.
2. Do NOT do any practice test given at each chapter
3. Read Rita Mulcahy Quick Tests on a daily basis. Ensure you can recall the concept of each term given under every knowledge area.
4. Finish reading Rita Mulcahy and do all practice tests given at the end of chapter in one go. Aim to score atleast 75%.
5. Read EdWel_PMP-Exam-Prep-Manual-Online Free-5_1b.pdf
6. Understand each concept and do practice tests 'Memorize it', which tests your concepts
7. Give prime importance to the following:
a. Change Management Process and steps
b. Closing a project and steps.
c. Rita Process Chart. Memorize Planning Process in the correct sequence. Refer Rita_PM Processes
7. Memorize all Math formulas
8. Attachment - Bookmarks of important PMP prep websites

Checkpoint:
1. You should score atleast 75% above in all practice tests. This will ensure that you are in shape for the exam.

Daily Basis:
1. Memorize 47 processes (pg 61 of PMBOK_5)
2. Read Rita Mulcahy Quick Test on a daily basis. Ensure you can recall the concept of each term given under every knowledge area.
3. Understand each Input, Tool Technique, Output for each knowledge area and how it co-relates to each other. You CANNOT memorize it.
4. Understand each Project Document, its purpose and use in each knowledge area and process group. Refer Rita QuickTests -> Project Documents
5. Memorize Rita Planning Process. Refer Rita_PM Processes
6. Memorize Change Management Process and Steps. Refer EdWel_PMP-Exam-Prep-Manual-Online Free-5_1b.pdf (pg 4-16)
7. Memorize Closing a project and steps. Refer EdWel_PMP-Exam-Prep-Manual-Online Free-5_1b.pdf (pg 4-18)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vikram_PMP_bookmarks.zip (9.9 KB, 91 views)
itzvicky201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 09:31   #242
BHPian

Default Re: The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian

Hi Folks
Has anyone appeared and passed PMI ACP exam. If yes and wants to share some books/study materials please let me know. I am eager to pick up
Anyone preparing for exam we can further connect
Further anyone need help in preparing PMI PMP let me know. I can pass some study materials

Last edited by aka_iitd : 13th January 2017 at 09:47.
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 11:17   #243
BHPian

I am planning to take up PMP certification within the next two months. I am intending to join a training center which would help me in understanding the concepts. I am also looking at one which provides me support in terms of materials, online content, PDU's as well as mock tests. Can any of you suggest which training center is good? I am based out of Bangalore (south bangalore to be precise) and would prefer to enroll for the weekend classes.

P.S : I did get reference of a academy called StarPMO. They are quoting 11k all inclusive for 4 weekend classes plus training material plus 15 online mock tests along with PDU's. Is that academy any good?
TorqueyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 11:29   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I am planning to take up PMP certification within the next two months. I am intending to join a training center which would help me in understanding the concepts. I am also looking at one which provides me support in terms of materials, online content, PDU's as well as mock tests. Can any of you suggest which training center is good? I am based out of Bangalore (south bangalore to be precise) and would prefer to enroll for the weekend classes.

P.S : I did get reference of a academy called StarPMO. They are quoting 11k all inclusive for 4 weekend classes plus training material plus 15 online mock tests along with PDU's. Is that academy any good?
I did it via SABCONS, but it was way back in 2009. I don't think they have weekend classes, but was very impressed with the training and the instructor Mr Sriprasad.

Not sure how the standards are currently though.

http://www.sabcons.com/sabcons-training-calendar
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 11:32   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

I have attend 4 days workshop with Knowledgewoods. They provide class room based training, PDU certificate for applying exam, Online mock tests, excellent study materials and help in prep application. Major centers (bangi, chennai, Mumbai delhi and HYD) will have one batch almost every month.

My exp with them was good and yeah I cleared PMP in 2014

Disclaimer: not associated with that coaching center
Reisender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 12:41   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I did it via SABCONS, but it was way back in 2009. I don't think they have weekend classes, but was very impressed with the training and the instructor Mr Sriprasad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
I have attend 4 days workshop with Knowledgewoods.
Thanks Rejeevraj & Reisender. I will check the details from those centers along with few others and check. I was checking Simplilearn but they have only webex online classes. I would not be so comfortable attending over webex.
TorqueyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote